blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:09:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 49090 times)
irishpete
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2008, 10:34:06 PM »

Hey,

If anybody could get an update on Jonathon Heath ["twistedecho"] it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete

Hey, is this your guy? If so, he has 9.5k, this photo taken in the midst of button thievery. (And eating his hand).

Yep...thats him! cheers for that! at least he's still alive Smiley if u see him again tell him he's a fishcake from me.

Thanks again,

Pete
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2008, 10:40:30 PM »

Last time I checked upon the diminishing stack, and the accompanying dropped shoulders, of Michael Martin, he was holding a paltry 7k and possessing the frown of an upside down Cheshire Cat. However, upon return, just one orbit later, he had somehow amassed an almighty stack of 52,000 and gone from bracing himself for a week of sun, sea and something else on the sunny Bahamian shores to, amazingly more alluringly, hoping for a long week of playing cards with sweaty men. With over 50k, Michael is up there with the chip leaders and in with a great chance of making it through to Day 2, but he's had to survive a few nerve tingling moments to reach those dizzy heights.

After first doubling up to 15k with Nines versus A-J, Michael smooth called the pre-flop raise of WSOP runner upper Tuan Lam with Pocket Rockets, eventually getting it all-in on the Turn with Lam's 9-3 bottom pair in all sorts of bother. Just to prove that these two are at it like bitter enemies across a battlefield, Martin doubled up yet again courtesy of Lam, this time with K-T on a T-9-2 Flop. Lam had Q-J, which hit when a King popped out on the Turn, but another Cowboy on the River and Martin was yeeeeehaaaaaaing his way to a nice and spicy 52k stack. Lam, meanwhile, exited stage left the very next hand.

Considering his recent affluence courtesy of a 2nd place finish in the Amsterdam Master Classics, I did consider bribing Michael saying that I'd change his quote of "I just bought a quick drink thinking that I'd be gone soon" to "I'd just purchased a bottle of vodka so I could get blind drunk after the tournament", but thought better off it.

Finally, he said hello to his dear mother. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 10:45:26 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2008, 10:44:07 PM »

Lets see if I can do this Blonde style:

"I did it," triumphs Jason Laso.  "I somehow managed to beat last year's mark of 1 level + 10 minutes."  Jason is out of the PCA after 1 level + 5 mins this year for a new personal record.  After raising to 600 from late position into an absent big blind, a slow-witted older fellow in the SB re-raises to 1200. Both men see a flop of  where the unknown man bets out 2000.  After a short deliberation, Jason elects to call.  The turn brings a  , and once again the older fellow fires 2500.  Jason, in his usual methodic yet intimidating style, counts out the chips and calls the bet.  The river was the  , completing several straight and flush draws.  After a 3k bet from the old guy, Jason piles up his chips and moves himself all-in for over 8k more.  Using his alledged tight image to his advantage, Jason felt he could move the older gentleman off the hand but alas he called with  and Jason sheepishly mucked his  three diamonds .  Being the good sport, Jason shook the hand of his opponent and made a bad joke about his streak of busting early and the women here at the Atlantis, before leaving for the day.

Thoughts?

Crikey, I'm out of a job.

Before I go though, can we hear the joke about the women at the Atlantis?
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2008, 10:45:48 PM »

"I did it," triumphs Jason Laso.  "I somehow managed to beat last year's mark of 1 level + 10 minutes."  Jason is out of the PCA after 1 level + 5 mins this year for a new personal record.  After raising to 600 from late position into an absent big blind, a slow-witted older fellow in the SB re-raises to 1200. Both men see a flop of  where the unknown man bets out 2000.  After a short deliberation, Jason elects to call.  The turn brings a  , and once again the older fellow fires 2500.  Jason, in his usual methodic yet intimidating style, counts out the chips and calls the bet.  The river was the  , completing several straight and flush draws.  After a 3k bet from the old guy, Jason piles up his chips and moves himself all-in for over 8k more.  Using his alledged tight image to his advantage, Jason felt he could move the older gentleman off the hand but alas he called with  and Jason sheepishly mucked his  three diamonds .  Being the good sport, Jason shook the hand of his opponent and made a bad joke about his streak of busting early and the women here at the Atlantis, before leaving for the day.

Thoughts?

Wanna update in Walsall in February?

jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2008, 10:50:16 PM »

Thoughts?

Crikey, I'm out of a job.

Before I go though, can we hear the joke about the women at the Atlantis?

I said it was a BAD joke, you really don't wanna hear it.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2008, 10:50:46 PM »

My dinner...

I did mention to the lady that it would be easier to put the bread in the middle...

She wasn't impressed.

jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2008, 10:56:40 PM »

Thoughts?

Wanna update in Walsall in February?

I don't have any tournies planned until the WSOP (feels fun that I finally get to play it this year), so if that means I have to do some reporting to go on vacation, I'm in.  Plz tell the powers that be that I prefer the redeye flight outta Newark and prefer having 2 small beds in my hotel room, as opposed to 1 big one (I prefer not to have all that extra space to toss and turn in).

Also, why haven't I actually met the Blonde poker crew yet? 
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2008, 11:04:27 PM »

Oh, we're about. Feel free to introduce yourself if you spot us.

dalzini

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2008, 11:08:35 PM »

Any news on Jon Screeney guys? Is he still in?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2008, 11:13:47 PM »

"I'm on the comeback," exclaims a pumped up El Blondie. "It doesn't get much better than this."

The blonde one's on 23k, but still thinking about his big fold from earlier on. "I think she had Eights. She would have folded A-8 on the Flop."

Meanwhile, Peter Gould has jumped up to 50k after "a couple of bluffs" and finding a set of Deuces quacking their way to a 2-K-x Flop, a Jack on the River  a great card for Peter, but a poor one for his opponent who had K-J.
jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2008, 11:20:26 PM »

IDK what u guys look like.  Is Maria here?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2008, 11:22:08 PM »

The changing faces of Bertrand Grospellier, aka ElkY and currently on 8,000.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 11:24:48 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
TheReader23

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2008, 11:23:44 PM »

Considering his recent affluence courtesy of a 2nd place finish in the Amsterdam Master Classics, I did consider bribing Michael saying that I'd change his quote of "I just bought a quick drink thinking that I'd be gone soon" to "I'd just purchased a bottle of vodka so I could get blind drunk after the tournament", but thought better off it.

Finally, he said hello to his dear mother. 
[/quote]

Thanks Snoops for the update.  He actually called me from the break and told me he had a few drinks when he was down to 7K but thought better of it once he started climbing back up.  So that bottle of vodka might just have to wait.

TR23
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2008, 11:29:15 PM »

He may have put on few pounds since he picked up the game of poker, but when Tomas Brolin, 14,075, was at his physical peak, playing International football for Sweden and knocking them in for Leeds, he was on a strict diet of just 8 pies per day.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2008, 11:33:29 PM »

IDK what u guys look like.  Is Maria here?

No, we couldn't afford bringing more than two people.

This is Snoopy, hard at work. (That's Owen from Pokerlistings in the background, sneakily grabbing a cookie).

Dan Carter (10k) has had one rum punch and feels really drunk now.

Tor Lagerborg -- 90k (Looks like he's been on the rum punch too).

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: