blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:42:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 1B - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 1B - Interactive  (Read 58842 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2008, 08:44:28 PM »

Steve Jelinek has also been located, and so I took the opportunity to prise Irena Liepina's hand that forced Dave Colclough to fold A-T on an A-T-8 rainbow Flop yesterday. Initially, she'd told Dave that she had Pocket Eights, which made El Blondie feel more at ease about his monster fold, but I learned today that she actually had the inferior holding of T-8.

It was an intriguing hand in truth. Irena limped in late position, Dave raised it up from the button and Irena called. A-T-8 rainbow Flop. Irena checked, Dave bet 700, she made it 2.2k (I believe) and Dave re-raised to 6.5k. Irena pushed and Dave thought and though like Rodin's The Thinker before making a big fold.

Would you have folded or called? I haven't made my mind up yet, but it's a tough one, especially given that this is Irena's biggest tournament to date.

When I asked Steve if he could have folded A-T in that spot, he amusingly repleid, "Well, I couldn't fold top pair for half my stack a moment ago, so possibly not."

Dont want to hijack the thread but this is a similar spot I found myself in Dublin during the EPT with AQ on an AQ6 board where I did make the call and was 66

I think as played dave had to fold- if he had less chips then possibly not

Does that mean that you would have called in Dave's spot?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2008, 08:45:48 PM »

Nvm Kent Lundmark is out, thank you anyway!

Did he say how he exited? Hopefully not in too gut-wrenching circumstances.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2008, 08:49:26 PM »

Hey Snoops and Homer --

In your travels, if you could get me some updates on the following players, it would be appreciated....

Chris Bush - Canada - Table 3 Seat 4

Ryan Daut - USA - Table 32 Seat 4 (last year's PCA winner)

Trond Eidsvig - Norway - Table 47 Seat 6 (winner of Master Classics in Amsterdam)...since Michael played him heads up in that event, I have a soft spot in my heart for him

Thanks, as usual...

TR23

I shall certainly have a peek. Meanwhile, I just bumped into a certain Mr Martin in the Deli, seemingly in good spirits and looking forward to playing tomorrow.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2008, 08:50:22 PM »

The Eggman Thomas Wahlroos is OUT. He check-raised all-in on a 8h-7h-2h-9-Q board with Ad-Td and was called by J-To.

jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2008, 08:52:08 PM »

How's Miss Obrestad doing Smiley?  Plz tell her I got 3rd in that tourney last night.
TheReader23

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2008, 08:53:02 PM »

I shall certainly have a peek. Meanwhile, I just bumped into a certain Mr Martin in the Deli, seemingly in good spirits and looking forward to playing tomorrow.
[/quote]

Snoops -- Since he ended yesterday with 95K in chips, I would think he'd be in great spirits.  I'm sure there was a lot of partying done last night as well.

TR23
Rivertony

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2008, 08:55:19 PM »

can you let me know how Laurence houghton and James akenhead are getting on?
Thanks
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2008, 08:55:38 PM »

Cliff Josephy -- 17,100
Steve Jelinek -- 4,000
Pascal Perrault -- 23,700
Karl Mahrenholz -- 22,100
Rob Hollink -- 23,000
Reuben Peters -- 15,200
Thomas Wahlroos -- 17,175
Nick Gibson -- 13,875
James Akenhead -- 20,250
Bruce Yamron -- 7,050
Florian Langmann -- 46,900
Casey Castle -- 6,050
Matthew Giannetti -- 34,375
Chris Odle -- 8,625
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2008, 08:58:52 PM »

I'd love to see updates on my man, Matthew Hilger.  He's a poker author and an all-around great guy. 

Bumping with tidbit of new information.  He started sitting next to Greg Raymer.  He is probably wearing a baseball hat that reads "bluffing" on the front and "not bluffing" on the reverse.

Not this time, but he has 22k at the moment.

Annette Obrestad is OUT. She got in a raising war with another player, he made it 600, she made it 1,600, he made it 6,000, she instantly pushed for 18,000 more and he called with Ace King, she had J-T suited and missed.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2008, 09:00:44 PM »

I recognised Bruce Yamron from a strong run in the 2007 Irish Poker Open. He seemed calm and relaxed throught, but as I watched his table eagerly just moments ago, he was in a state of perplexity as his more youthful opponent pushed all-in for circa 15k in a 6k pot and a board of . Bruce thought more than a contest of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire on the final million pound question, before shrugging his shoulders, saying "The worst I reckon you've got is A-J" and making the call. As he flipped over , Bruce was mighty (or almighty - ahem) relieved to be met by rather than a potentially bone-crunching Six.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 10:13:34 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2008, 09:07:39 PM »

How's Miss Obrestad doing Smiley?  Plz tell her I got 3rd in that tourney last night.

Bok!

jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2008, 09:16:50 PM »

Annette Obrestad is OUT. She got in a raising war with another player, he made it 600, she made it 1,600, he made it 6,000, she instantly pushed for 18,000 more and he called with Ace King, she had J-T suited and missed.

NOOOOO!!!!  Tell her to get her ass to the lobby now to play online.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2008, 09:17:19 PM »

Karl Mahrenholz is now sitting next to Steve Jelinek, "It's just like Walsall or Luton, isn't it?" I said.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »

Steve Jelinek has also been located, and so I took the opportunity to prise Irena Liepina's hand that forced Dave Colclough to fold A-T on an A-T-8 rainbow Flop yesterday. Initially, she'd told Dave that she had Pocket Eights, which made El Blondie feel more at ease about his monster fold, but I learned today that she actually had the inferior holding of T-8.

It was an intriguing hand in truth. Irena limped in late position, Dave raised it up from the button and Irena called. A-T-8 rainbow Flop. Irena checked, Dave bet 700, she made it 2.2k (I believe) and Dave re-raised to 6.5k. Irena pushed and Dave thought and though like Rodin's The Thinker before making a big fold.

Would you have folded or called? I haven't made my mind up yet, but it's a tough one, especially given that this is Irena's biggest tournament to date.

When I asked Steve if he could have folded A-T in that spot, he amusingly repleid, "Well, I couldn't fold top pair for half my stack a moment ago, so possibly not."

Dont want to hijack the thread but this is a similar spot I found myself in Dublin during the EPT with AQ on an AQ6 board where I did make the call and was 66

I think as played dave had to fold- if he had less chips then possibly not

Does that mean that you would have called in Dave's spot?

Not with a decent stack behind no! I'd hope I'd learnt my lesson!!!!  When I made the call I was hoping to see him flip AQ - knew i was beat deep down.... only had 4k back tho and the pot was huge....

So to answer your question- I still dont know!!! Huh??

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2008, 09:20:10 PM »

With 25 guests online, it's time for this pic...

Click to see full-size image.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: