blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:09:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1697 1698 1699 1700 [1701] 1702 1703 1704 1705 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3610174 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #25500 on: September 26, 2014, 07:11:29 PM »

These last few pages might as well have been written in Klingon for all I know.

I'm getting docked Man Points all over the place.

I bet you think I understand all that stuff you post on the chess thread. To me, that's like Klingon as spoken by a drunken Glaswegian.

Yes, but I needed the Man Points in the bank for the opening weekend of Strictly...

Meh! Stop struggling. You're beyond redemption.

I should get that printed on business cards...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #25501 on: September 26, 2014, 10:56:36 PM »

Hi Tom,
             Looks like u had a bit of a mare with the bike !  Dont use gun gum fix it properly !  you know a temp repair will give up the ghost just when you dont want it to the most. have you ever used that stuff that so called repairs and blows up tyres if you get a puncture, bought a can years ago but never used it, was always a bit sceptical about it tbh . good luck with it all tho

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25502 on: September 26, 2014, 11:15:40 PM »

Hi Tom,
             Looks like u had a bit of a mare with the bike !  Dont use gun gum fix it properly !  you know a temp repair will give up the ghost just when you dont want it to the most. have you ever used that stuff that so called repairs and blows up tyres if you get a puncture, bought a can years ago but never used it, was always a bit sceptical about it tbh . good luck with it all tho

I'm not a big fan of temp repairs either. I changed the exhaust gasket today and it's all good now.

I have tried that stuff that repairs punctures and it worked pretty well. It's horribly messy when you take the tyre off for a proper repair though, and it wouldn't work if the tube had split.

I had a little go on a Yamaha YBR 125 today and I have to confess there was a marked difference to the C90. It was like getting out of a Morris Minor and into a Volkswagen Golf.

I'll bet there will be a few cheap ones about come mid winter too....

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25503 on: September 26, 2014, 11:19:30 PM »

Here's one rigged for adventure.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25504 on: September 26, 2014, 11:22:46 PM »

Nice photo gallery.

http://www.re-moto.com/photos.php?lang=eng&gallery=1

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #25505 on: September 26, 2014, 11:32:34 PM »

Ha- glad to hear you put new gasket on  Smiley 
Yeah would imagine those tyre inflator  cans could be messy !

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25506 on: September 29, 2014, 12:35:11 PM »

Never mind all this bike bollox, how you getting on with Minecraft?

Met any non-hostile Daughters or Wifeys yet?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25507 on: September 29, 2014, 01:52:58 PM »

Bike cliffs.

Advertised Honda cub, sold it within 9 seconds. (obv too cheap)

Found 2011 Yamaha YBR sitting unused in shed, sans tax & MOT, bough it for a song.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25508 on: September 29, 2014, 01:58:18 PM »

Bike cliffs.

Found 2011 Yamaha YBR sitting unused in shed, sans tax & MOT, bough it for a song.

Good to see you branching out Tom.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25509 on: September 29, 2014, 02:17:03 PM »

The Honda Cub business could have legs. I could have shifted a dozen of them. The second bloke who rang offered to give me £150 more than I'd advertised it for. Unfortunately, I'd already verbally shaken hands down the telephone withe the first bloke.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25510 on: September 29, 2014, 02:18:14 PM »

Bike cliffs.

Good to see you branching out Tom.

I was looking at this for ages before I twigged.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25511 on: September 29, 2014, 02:22:27 PM »

The Honda Cub business could have legs. I could have shifted a dozen of them. The second bloke who rang offered to give me £150 more than I'd advertised it for. Unfortunately, I'd already verbally shaken hands down the telephone withe the first bloke.

If you can pick them up cheap there is definately money to be made on them as they sell for really good prices.

Now you are an experienced Cub mechanic you should be able to turn them round quickly.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25512 on: September 29, 2014, 02:25:33 PM »

Help please

I think you wrote about this recently but i can't remember where

Two year old Border Terrier girl

Fantastic temperament, well trained generally

Will run for ever fetching her tennis ball, come back to your feet, sit, but won't let the ball go. When you go for it you risk getting nipped or worse

The dog must be aware that is she gives it up you'll throw it, she'll play more and run and all that jazz

but all we get is a strop.

So the dog is thinking? and possible solutions are?

the only one we have is to take two balls, she comes back, throw the second one and see her fail to get two in her mouth!

stock photo, to show you the "problem"

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25513 on: September 29, 2014, 02:35:43 PM »

Lol @ that photo.

It just screams "if you think I'm giving you this, think again".

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25514 on: September 29, 2014, 03:19:58 PM »

Help please

I think you wrote about this recently but i can't remember where

Two year old Border Terrier girl

Fantastic temperament, well trained generally

Will run for ever fetching her tennis ball, come back to your feet, sit, but won't let the ball go. When you go for it you risk getting nipped or worse

The dog must be aware that is she gives it up you'll throw it, she'll play more and run and all that jazz

but all we get is a strop.

So the dog is thinking? and possible solutions are?

the only one we have is to take two balls, she comes back, throw the second one and see her fail to get two in her mouth!

stock photo, to show you the "problem"

First of all, what a georgious little bitch she is, you can see character oozing out of her.

Below is my reply to Tony's similar question. This will give you an idea of what the dog is thinking, although 'thinking' is not quite the right word.

As for a solution, well you need to look at it as modifying the dogs natural behavior rather than solving a problem. It's a touchy feely thing. The way forward will depend on what commands she obeys at the moment and how reliable she is.

I can talk you through the basic steps If you like. You're an deal candidate.

Which reminds me, Tom, & this came to mind after watching, of all things, Brian Griffin in an old "Family Guy" last night.

When we have a pet dog & it has a little toy ball, a tennis ball or whatever, the dog (generally) LOVES to rush & get the ball if we throw it, then he fetches it, brings it back, & almost give us the ball.

At the very moment we go to take the ball from it's mouth, it usually turns away, showing much delight, head held high, tail all-a-wag-wag.

What is going on in the dog's mind at that moment? Why does he not just give us the ball so we can do it all again? I mean, he ENJOYS the "fetch", or seems to.

Not really. What he wants you to do is play a possession type game where you chase him or play tug-of-war, because that's what wild dogs  / wolf puppies do. It's instinctive behavior, partly a practice for dominance thing and partly a 'get your share of the kill' thing.

When you throw the object however, a whole new instinct, the 'chase' instinct, kicks in. Almost all predators are fascinated by moving, and especially by 'fleeing' objects. Until their owner or experience teaches them not to, dogs will chase almost anything that's moving away from them. (It's not often that someone running towards a dog gets bitten).

Once your dog has the ball or what ever it is, the chase instinct is no longer in control and the possession game instinct kicks in again. He brings it as close as he dare to tempt you to play without actually giving up possession.

Often, the dog will eventually work out that if he lets you take the ball you will throw it for him again. This happens more often in breeds with a strong chase instinct, like retrievers or shepherds, and less often in dogs with a strong guarding instinct, like terriers or bulldogs. That being said, all dogs have plenty of chasing and guarding instinct, which one they develop most depends on which behavior gets the most regular positive reinforcement.

Pages: 1 ... 1697 1698 1699 1700 [1701] 1702 1703 1704 1705 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: