blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:01:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1724 1725 1726 1727 [1728] 1729 1730 1731 1732 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3610630 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25905 on: November 10, 2014, 07:53:04 AM »

Watched the John Lewis ad...

billiepipersteeth
1 hour ago

OK so let me get this straight...a kid brings his illegal immigrant friend into the country and then gets him a hooker for Christmas? The youth of today are out of control.

Yay!

One of Mondo's all to rare visits to my diary.

I love Mondo. He's like blonde's very own Wookiee. let me post a few quotes from creator George Lucas and see if you agree.

Wookiees are based on orangutans and lemurs, which are long-haired creatures that live in a cold forest climate. The net effect in terms of the Wookiees' appearance is a marked resemblance to descriptions of the legendary Sasquatch of the Pacific Northwest.

Adult Wookiees are typically taller than most humans, averaging 2.1 meters (6 feet 11 inches) They possess enormous strength; a Wookiee can pull a man's arms out of his sockets if angered or slighted.

Wookiees have a keen sense of smell and are fully covered with a thick coat of hair.

Wookiees have good hand–eye coordination and are shown to be excellent marksmen. They never wear any protective clothing or showing any signs of discomfort.

Wookiees are devoted, loyal friends and are very distrustful of strangers

Despite a fearsome appearance and temperamental disposition, Wookiees are shown to be very intelligent and are very adept at handling advanced technology.

The Wookiee language is Shyriiwook. Wookiees are capable of understanding basic English, but generally none are able to speak it because of the structure of Wookiee vocal cords.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25906 on: November 10, 2014, 08:30:27 AM »

A few more pictures from yesterday.

I found the cross on the railings and the old soldier sitting alone on Horse Guards Parade particularly poignant.

Lest we forget...

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25907 on: November 10, 2014, 09:32:19 AM »

Made it through security, waiting for further instructions.

All those photos were lovely Tom, hope you had a memorable day.

Pretty sure I asked a similar question last year, but tell me about the other 3 Gentlemen in that group?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25908 on: November 10, 2014, 09:45:10 AM »

Was quite interested to see that all (?) the Premier League footballers had "embroidered" poppies on their shirts this weekend.

A good thing, I guess, but it seemed a bit "forced" to me. Not sure why that made me a little uneasy, as it has to be good on balance.

I did the Sky Poker TV show on Saturday, wearing "TV clothes" rather than regular street gear, & of course I forgot to transfer my poppy. Soon as I got in the Studio, the Floor Manager said "here's a Poppy for you". I was, at the same time, annoyed with myself for forgetting to bring my own poppy, but ever so slightly uncomfy that I was being, sort of, obliged to wear it. Of COURSE I wanted to wear a poppy, but it seemed a bit wrong to be almost told to wear one. Not sure if that makes sense?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25909 on: November 10, 2014, 09:49:28 AM »

There was (at least) one interesting exception.

This chap wrote a very interesting letter as to his reasons. I hope he is not pilloried for his views. I am not sure I fully agree with him, but I respect his right to make his stand.

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/article/14-11-07-statement-regarding-james-mcclean-2070059.aspx#p0k9HUKLmojzl0T0.99

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #25910 on: November 10, 2014, 09:52:18 AM »

This made me think on the very same subject Tikay

http://www.irishpost.co.uk/sport/sports-comment/why-would-a-son-of-creggan-wear-the-poppy
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25911 on: November 10, 2014, 09:56:40 AM »

Just to finish off the story about the little girl we met outside McDonald's in India.

We went back to McDonald's the following day and after our meal we bought a couple of the chocolate dipped ice-cream cones and went outside hoping to see the little girl again. We couldn't see her anywhere so we left the main street and went down a  few back alleys.

On the other side of the road from us, on a rubbish strewn piece of waste ground, we saw a makeshift shelter. The little girl was there, she was carrying a baby. We waved her over. When she arrive we could see that this wasn't 'our' little girl, but one that was slightly older, perhaps 10 or so. She did look very much like our girl though, I think they were sisters.

She held out her hand and we gave her an ice-cream cone, which she immediately gave to the baby. He was perhaps one year old and was naked except for a tattered vest. I looked at him a little more closely and noticed that he was definitely blind in one eye, and, judging by the way he reacted to sound only, perhaps blind in both. He held the ice-cream to his nose for a second and then put it quickly to his mouth.

By this time, three more children had arrived, one was a waif like boy of about 6, another was a Black African looking boy of about 12 or 13, (God only knows what he was doing there with these others, but I've heard that street children often band together in little 'family' type groups for company and security) The last one was the original little girl that we had met yesterday.

Now we had a problem. Too many children and not enough ice cream. We motioned them to follow us back to McDonald's. They quickly did so, but the older girl sat the baby down in the middle of the footpath and left him behind. I signed my concern about this to her but she pointed to a stick wielding security guard at the top of the street and by doing an excellent mime, made me understand that the guard would try to hit them and the baby couldn't run away.

Sure enough, the guard did try to swipe the kids with the stick as we passed, but they avoided him easily. I told him the kids were with me. I don't know if he understood, but he grudgingly left them alone.

Mrs Red and I went into the McDonald's while the kids waited outside, anxiously watching us from a safe spot 20 or 30 yards away.

By the time we came out they were beside themselves with excitement, they were all desperate to get an ice-cream, but all concerned that everyone else got one to, one of them even managed to make us understand that there was another member of their gang sitting under a tree over the road doing shoe shines, and would we take him an ice-cream too?

The older ones did their best to make sure the younger ones behaved properly, and the girl who had left the baby sitting on the pavement continually ran back to the corner to make sure he was OK.

When they had finished their ices, we gave them a few hundred rupees and said our goodbyes. I have never had so much pleasure from spending so small an amount of money. And I've never been so happy and so sad at the same time either.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25912 on: November 10, 2014, 10:00:39 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MX6i19tMb0&feature=youtu.be

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25913 on: November 10, 2014, 10:08:34 AM »

Those kids will remember you for the rest of their life, Tom.

One of the most horribly memorable events of my childhood concerned an ice-cream. It's hard to remember how much an ice cream means to a 6 or 7 year old who sees others eating them, but can't have one.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #25914 on: November 10, 2014, 10:13:59 AM »

Good stuff, McDonalds in the odd country in Asia sell little packs of steamed rice, I've bought a handful of those before and given them out to kids who looked like they could do with a feed.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25915 on: November 10, 2014, 10:14:51 AM »

What a beautifully eloquent letter. I certainly couldn't disagree with that sentiment.

Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25916 on: November 10, 2014, 12:48:52 PM »

About five years ago rumors of a great discovery reached me from friends & colleagues in the States.

A cache of thousands photos & negatives had been bought in auction of an undiscovered genius of Street Photography. The Holy Grail for those of us who work & deal in this field.

Vivian Maier, a remarkable, enigmatic & great photographer.

A DVD dropped through my door this morning.

I'm still chasing treasures this side of the pond.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #25917 on: November 10, 2014, 12:58:17 PM »

Watched the John Lewis ad...

billiepipersteeth
1 hour ago

OK so let me get this straight...a kid brings his illegal immigrant friend into the country and then gets him a hooker for Christmas? The youth of today are out of control.

Yay!

One of Mondo's all to rare visits to my diary.

I love Mondo. He's like blonde's very own Wookiee. let me post a few quotes from creator George Lucas and see if you agree.

Wookiees are based on orangutans and lemurs, which are long-haired creatures that live in a cold forest climate. The net effect in terms of the Wookiees' appearance is a marked resemblance to descriptions of the legendary Sasquatch of the Pacific Northwest.

Adult Wookiees are typically taller than most humans, averaging 2.1 meters (6 feet 11 inches) They possess enormous strength; a Wookiee can pull a man's arms out of his sockets if angered or slighted.

Wookiees have a keen sense of smell and are fully covered with a thick coat of hair.

Wookiees have good hand–eye coordination and are shown to be excellent marksmen. They never wear any protective clothing or showing any signs of discomfort.

Wookiees are devoted, loyal friends and are very distrustful of strangers

Despite a fearsome appearance and temperamental disposition, Wookiees are shown to be very intelligent and are very adept at handling advanced technology.

The Wookiee language is Shyriiwook. Wookiees are capable of understanding basic English, but generally none are able to speak it because of the structure of Wookiee vocal cords.

Haha, I'll take it tyvm Smiley
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #25918 on: November 10, 2014, 01:16:51 PM »

Made it through security, waiting for further instructions.

All those photos were lovely Tom, hope you had a memorable day.

Pretty sure I asked a similar question last year, but tell me about the other 3 Gentlemen in that group?

Haha i was gonna ask the same Tikay.  The big feller on the left looks like he could be half handy in a punch up !! Probably a gentle giant tho.......until stirred of course  Smiley

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #25919 on: November 10, 2014, 01:25:51 PM »

Could be my memory playing up, but I think the chap on the left is wearing his late father's jacket and that's why the medals are on the "wrong" side.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 1724 1725 1726 1727 [1728] 1729 1730 1731 1732 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: