blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:47:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1723 1724 1725 1726 [1727] 1728 1729 1730 1731 ... 2344 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3610981 times)
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #25890 on: November 08, 2014, 05:30:19 PM »

Absolutely love your write ups Tom. 👏

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #25891 on: November 08, 2014, 06:03:02 PM »

We've been invited to take part in the Cenotaph parade again this year, (Such an honour) so we're traveling down to London later today.

I wonder if we'll get a chance to see the poppies. Has anyone been? Is it so busy as to make it a misery?

I was in London a few months ago with my family and went to see them. I had already bought one of them but seeing the sheer scale of the sea of poppies blew me away.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25892 on: November 08, 2014, 06:16:58 PM »

The Indian McDonald's was excellent, and offered everything you could get back home in both traditional and curried versions. (No beef burgers of course). We had our meal, followed by two of the most delicious ice-cream cones we have ever tasted, and we had them dipped into melted chocolate for good measure. When we had finished we strolled outside, just as the sun was going down.

A little girl in a filthy, tattered dress planted herself in front of Mrs Red and adopted the international begging posture, hand outstretched, palm upward. She was about 8 years old, her face was streaked with dirt and her hair was a tangled mess, but her brown eyes, enormous and bewitching, sparkled with laughter.

Mrs Red patted her pockets in the international gesture for "I have no money" but the little girl persisted, making us understand that she didn't want money, she wanted the remains of the Coca Cola in the paper carton that Mrs Red was carrying.

Mrs Red passed her the carton and she put the straw to her lips, took a sip, (mostly just ice) squealed with delight and ran off, skipping through the thronging crowds as nimbly as a gazelle.

That night, as I lay in my bed, I couldn't get her out of my mind. So tiny and delicate, yet at the same time so resilient. So poverty, but capable of finding so much enjoyment in something as simple as the leftovers from an iced drink.

There can't have been many things in her life to be had purely for pleasure. Imagine if she were to get one of those ice-cream cones....  

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25893 on: November 08, 2014, 06:31:36 PM »

We've been invited to take part in the Cenotaph parade again this year, (Such an honour) so we're traveling down to London later today.

I wonder if we'll get a chance to see the poppies. Has anyone been? Is it so busy as to make it a misery?

I was in London a few months ago with my family and went to see them. I had already bought one of them but seeing the sheer scale of the sea of poppies blew me away.

I'll try to see them tomorrow.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #25894 on: November 08, 2014, 09:57:29 PM »

Flew into Heathrow yesterday, looks like a red moat round the Tower from the air. Most impressive and inspiring.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #25895 on: November 08, 2014, 10:49:49 PM »

The new John Lewis advert. I just love it.

The toy penguins only cost £95....

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #25896 on: November 08, 2014, 11:16:50 PM »

The new John Lewis advert. I just love it.

The toy penguins only cost £95....

I reckon Santa's going to get one for Tom and he'll use it as a card-protector.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #25897 on: November 09, 2014, 01:38:32 AM »

Down in London in a couple of weeks to watch the rugby, deffo going to see this....
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25898 on: November 09, 2014, 10:22:56 AM »

Made it through security, waiting for further instructions.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25899 on: November 09, 2014, 10:33:05 AM »

It's getting busy now.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25900 on: November 09, 2014, 11:55:24 AM »

Spent some time looking into motorcycle wet weather gear yesterday too,which reminds me to ask how booder is progressing and wonder if he has any advice on the subject?

Progressing nicely thank you.Just completed a week back at work,Doctor advised six weeks off but with Christmas fast approaching and finances at an all time low i really couldn't sit on my arse for another month.Have had no pains or breathlessness so all is looking good.

Have just finished salting my beef joints in readiness for Christmas,will be getting my bread and onion stuffing prepped next week and then hope to get cracking on my neglected bike.

Re wetweather gear. I have some trousers that i purchased when i last had a bike.Pretty basic ones that just slip over normal trousers.Will need to get a jacket - i tend to favour a bright jacket (yellow probably) as the visability is usually poor when wet gear is required so anything that helps identify me is vital.
No point spending a lot of money on expensive gear IMO, something simple will suffice so long as they are waterproof.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #25901 on: November 09, 2014, 12:40:15 PM »

Enjoy your proud day Tom and company.

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #25902 on: November 09, 2014, 01:30:00 PM »

Enjoy your proud day Tom and company.

Wonderful. Mrs Red you look stunning.x

baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #25903 on: November 09, 2014, 06:07:35 PM »

Great picture

Feed em rice.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #25904 on: November 09, 2014, 11:40:48 PM »

Watched the John Lewis ad...

billiepipersteeth
1 hour ago

OK so let me get this straight...a kid brings his illegal immigrant friend into the country and then gets him a hooker for Christmas? The youth of today are out of control.

Pages: 1 ... 1723 1724 1725 1726 [1727] 1728 1729 1730 1731 ... 2344 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: