blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:52:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1777 1778 1779 1780 [1781] 1782 1783 1784 1785 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3609381 times)
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26700 on: May 14, 2015, 12:17:52 PM »

Any names yet?

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26701 on: May 14, 2015, 12:20:09 PM »

What does Kizzy think of the new arrivals? Shown any interest or reaction?

With humans, a young child can react in a variety of ways to new arrivals, but I have no idea how it works with dog things.

I saw that Geo mentioned bitches eating their (stillborn) young, ugh, I'd never heard that before.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #26702 on: May 14, 2015, 12:22:55 PM »

What does Kizzy think of the new arrivals? Shown any interest or reaction?

With humans, a young child can react in a variety of ways to new arrivals, but I have no idea how it works with dog things.

I saw that Geo mentioned bitches eating their (stillborn) young, ugh, I'd never heard that before.

They usually eat the pup's poo for a while too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26703 on: May 14, 2015, 12:24:09 PM »

remind me what colour the dad was?

don't see too many crossbred poodles with the markings of your pups around, in my limited experience....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26704 on: May 14, 2015, 12:32:13 PM »

What does Kizzy think of the new arrivals?

Yesss!! I win. I took the under on 12 hours.

Seriously though, you're just doing it to wind me up aren't you?

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26705 on: May 14, 2015, 12:39:06 PM »

It's not unusual for a bitch to eat a pup or two, be they live or stillborn. There are several reasons. One might be that she has detected a defect in the pup that is as yet invisible to us humans, or if it's a large litter she might sacrifice a couple to give the others a better chance.

If the bitch is inexperienced, sometimes while eating the placenta she kind of forgets where it ends and the puppy starts.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26706 on: May 14, 2015, 12:39:20 PM »

No, not at all, I'm really not - it just fascinates me, exactly as human interaction does.

There was just Kizzy, she had all of you to herself, & just played the field with you all, getting all the fuss. And she knew it.

Now, the love & affection from Mrs Red & you is divided. I'm struggling to see how Kizzy would not notice, be it jealous, pleased, or whatever. She DOES know things have changed though, as you know.

This is not akin to the mole situation, where you just wanted to be barbaric, before being more reasonable in agreeing with me. How are the moles, incidentally? I'd like to ask what Kizzy thinks of them, too, but I'm scared to ask.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26707 on: May 14, 2015, 12:40:38 PM »

It's not unusual for a bitch to eat a pup or two, be they live or stillborn. There are several reasons. One might be that she has detected a defect in the pup that is as yet invisible to us humans, or if it's a large litter she might sacrifice a couple to give the others a better chance.

If the bitch is inexperienced, sometimes while eating the placenta she kind of forgets where it ends and the puppy starts.

That's a sort of dark humour, where we are not supposed to laugh, not at all, but we can't help ourselves.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26708 on: May 14, 2015, 01:09:32 PM »

don't see too many crossbred poodles with the markings of your pups around, in my limited experience....

Dad is a chocolate toy poodle with a white chest mark. Both parents carry several colour genes so we expected pups of different colours. Multiple colours on individual pups is a bonus.

I particularly wanted to breed what is known as an f1b cross. The video below is a bit spammy but it will explain what an f1b pup is and what the benefits are.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26709 on: May 14, 2015, 01:17:29 PM »

No, not at all, I'm really not - it just fascinates me, exactly as human interaction does.

There was just Kizzy, she had all of you to herself, & just played the field with you all, getting all the fuss. And she knew it.

Now, the love & affection from Mrs Red & you is divided. I'm struggling to see how Kizzy would not notice, be it jealous, pleased, or whatever. She DOES know things have changed though, as you know.

This is not akin to the mole situation, where you just wanted to be barbaric, before being more reasonable in agreeing with me. How are the moles, incidentally? I'd like to ask what Kizzy thinks of them, too, but I'm scared to ask.

Kizzy lives indoors with us, Poppy and the pups live outdoors. Kizzy is totally secure with regards to her place in our affections, so there is no jealousy, not a bit. In fact, I fully expect her to be protective of the pups if the need arises.

Dogs are pack animals. Having an hierarchy and knowing their place within it, whatever that place may be makes her happy.

Capiche?

Please God, tell me you capiche.

PS- Kizzy hates the moles.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26710 on: May 14, 2015, 01:22:42 PM »

Dad is a chocolate toy poodle with a white chest mark. Both parents carry several colour genes so we expected pups of different colours. Multiple colours on individual pups is a bonus.

I particularly wanted to breed what is known as an f1b cross. The video below is a bit spammy but it will explain what an f1b pup is and what the benefits are.

The vid says those pups will make between 14in and 20in to the shoulder. Our pups are bread with sire and dam roles reversed, so should make no more than 12 to 13in.

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #26711 on: May 15, 2015, 05:15:15 PM »

Anymore Pictures or did she eat them all.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26712 on: May 16, 2015, 04:56:22 PM »

Anymore Pictures or did she eat them all.

All present and correct Maureen, and getting fatter by the minute.

Click to see full-size image.

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #26713 on: May 16, 2015, 07:38:34 PM »

Thanks they look lovely. Hows Poopy taking to motherhood.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26714 on: May 16, 2015, 09:22:54 PM »

Thanks they look lovely. Hows Poopy taking to motherhood.

It's just amazing Maureen, one day she's a big silly girl bouncing around the field, and the next day she's all serious and sensible, looking after a litter of pups like she's been doing it all her life.

Pages: 1 ... 1777 1778 1779 1780 [1781] 1782 1783 1784 1785 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: