blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:44:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1928 1929 1930 1931 [1932] 1933 1934 1935 1936 ... 2344 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3611052 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28965 on: May 12, 2017, 08:04:51 AM »

No. Nothing for about 5 or 6 years Trev. 
I blame the Swiss.

The older I get, the better I was.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #28966 on: May 12, 2017, 08:17:43 AM »

No. Nothing for about 5 or 6 years Trev. 
I blame the Swiss.

I blame the maltese
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #28967 on: May 12, 2017, 08:21:03 AM »

We had one Cuckoo about last year..none so far this year

Our place used to be swarmed with them, can remember seeing four in one tree about thirty years ago
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #28968 on: May 12, 2017, 12:17:26 PM »

It's been a year and a half since I finished my last bit of stained glass.

The reason for this is I took on a very complex design. Well it's still not finished but I'm finally on the home straight - the 2 things I worried most about (the trout & the otter, looking at all realistic) have thankfully worked out not bad. Chuffed with the results so far, need to get it finished now, actually been asked to do a piece for a pub - to go on the gantry Cheesy

That's a really nice piece Rod. Where did you get the design? 

I drew it myself using a stained glass design package on the computer. So the complex design is my fault completely.

Great work. Is there a way you can sign it like you would a painting?

You can get metal 'pens' that will leave a thin metal line on the glass. I'm keeping this one anyway, so no need Cheesy

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #28969 on: May 22, 2017, 04:39:34 PM »

Sunday morning whilst in Lincoln NHS hotel the wife only goes and hears a Cuckoo at home FML
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28970 on: May 22, 2017, 04:44:22 PM »

I've not heard a cookoo in Wollaton Park for at least a couple of years now.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28971 on: May 27, 2017, 06:30:26 AM »

Sunday morning whilst in Lincoln NHS hotel the wife only goes and hears a Cuckoo at home FML

Haha!

That's how you roll Trev. Get well soon.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #28972 on: May 27, 2017, 06:54:55 AM »

Haha!

That's how you roll Trev. Get well soon.

Thank you

I am pleased to say i have heard Cuckoo most days this week

Hopefully we have a yearly resident
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #28973 on: May 27, 2017, 07:08:56 AM »

Like your touring holiday Pics
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #28974 on: May 27, 2017, 07:23:40 AM »

Heard my first Cuckoo of the year this morning.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28975 on: June 01, 2017, 10:00:41 PM »

I'll continue to update European tour #2 on here instead of cluttering up Woodsey's thread.

I've been meaning to post something for a few days but by the time we have ridden a few hundo miles, checked into our digs, had a shower and a bite to eat, planned out route and booked accommodation for the following day I'm absolutely knackered.

So the last time I posted we were in Venice. The next day, having vowed to avoid highways as much as possible, we did a 300+ stint on tiny twisty turny roads and ended up in Turin. The journey was fabulous but we were physically wrecked when we arrived. I was so tired that all I could manage to do to was peel off my sweaty clothes and take a quick shower before falling to sleep naked on top of the bed. I didn't even  have the energy to brush my hair 100 times.

All the back roads between Venice and Turin were decorated by long (sometimes up to a mile) lines of liquid pig shit. I'm not talking little stains here, these were great, wide, greeny black fetid swathes that could only have come from a slurry bowser with the valve left open. What's more, the most copious dollops seemed to be reserved for the most hairpinny bends, it certainly helped to concentrate the mind.

I still haven't quite fathomed what the pig shit thing was all  about. It couldn't have been accidental spillage, there was too much and it was spread over too many miles. My best theory is a rouge farmer with a grudge against motorcyclists.

BTW - some of us didn't even manage to get showered before falling asleep.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28976 on: June 01, 2017, 10:38:20 PM »

The following day, after a leisurely breakfast of Lion bar cereal and long life milk,  (I know, but it was all we could find at the nearest shop and we couldn't be arsed to look further) we enjoyed a totally pig shit free 325 mile ride to Marseille.

We have bluetooth headsets in our helmets and we had a glorious day riding our bikes and talking blokey type bollocks. We even took turns to sing. I received a telephone call from home during my bro John's effort and because it was via whatsapp it didn't silence the other microphones like a normal call would. He was mortified to learn that everyone at home had gathered around with the phone on loudspeaker, listening to his rendition of 'pour me another tequila, Shela'.

The next morning we got up early to visit Marseilles most famous landmark, the Notre-Dame de la Garde, a Catholic Basilica.

As you know I'm not at all religious, but there was something quite moving about the way it stood there, high above the city in the early morning sunlight

Marseille has a nice harbour too.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28977 on: June 01, 2017, 10:47:10 PM »

Next stop Mompellier for an eat too much and take it easy kind of day.

Be honest, do I look like a tourist?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28978 on: June 02, 2017, 06:59:04 AM »

Really enjoyed those posts and photos, Tom, thank you. Sounds like you guys had a ball.

Remind us who your companions are, please, and what spec bikes they have. (Don't need any info on hairdryers, though).

Must say, much enjoyed the inventive language.

"Hairpinny".

A ridiculously childish sounding word, but it instantly tells us exactly what it means. And I mean that in a complimentaryinny way.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28979 on: June 02, 2017, 11:38:50 AM »

Nice bloggage Tom. I recognise one of your brothers but not the other bloke about to attack that pizza.

Talking about hairpinny - wait until you get to the roads around Santander - spectacular though!

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 1928 1929 1930 1931 [1932] 1933 1934 1935 1936 ... 2344 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: