blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:13:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1932 1933 1934 1935 [1936] 1937 1938 1939 1940 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3605379 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29025 on: June 24, 2017, 08:13:40 PM »

Here's the newest one. Screen and rack have been removed as I didn't like them. Needs a little work.
 Click to see full-size image.

Here's the current stable.

What a beauty she is, love it.

That your boy? How old is he, what is his name?

Do you reside in Bury St Edmunds? If so, you must bump into booder regularly. He lives near there. Dereham Bridge, I believe.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 08:15:33 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29026 on: June 24, 2017, 08:34:43 PM »

There we were, lost in the Andorran Pyrenees in a monsoon. There was no place to stop and take shelter so we had no option but to don our rain gear and press on. >

For a couple of hours the rain was so heavy that visibility was almost zero, it was especially bad when we were actually riding inside the clouds that were making the rain.

I was fairly dry inside my waterproof clothing but my brother John was complaining of water ingress via a small tear in the crotch of his rubber trousers.
"My neck is a bit wet " I announced," The water is creeping down from my helmet."
"My neck is a bit wet too" said John, "The water is coming up from my crotch".

The Andorran countryside was wild and beautiful, but the towns were the complete opposite. Andorra is an independent principality and operates as a tax haven. Every building is a duty free shop. It's like riding a motorcycle through a giant airport.

Great photos, great stories Tom, keep them coming.

You look like you are wearing space suits.

No idea why this question came to mind, but given your famously thimble sized bladder, how long does it take you to, you know, adjust all that apparel in order to get your willy out & have a wee? Must take a while.

Oh mine are just pull your pants down and have a slash jobbies, takes me ~ 30 seconds including shaking. Unlike my son-in-law, (AKA the Stig) I think he just pees down his leg a la Billy Connolly.

I bought my waterproof clothing from a work-wear shop rather than a motorcycle accessory shop and made around an 80% saving.

It's like when you buy your daughter white stilettos for the wedding. On no account should you go to a wedding shop or mention the word 'wedding'.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29027 on: June 24, 2017, 08:38:16 PM »

There we were, lost in the Andorran Pyrenees in a monsoon. There was no place to stop and take shelter so we had no option but to don our rain gear and press on. >

For a couple of hours the rain was so heavy that visibility was almost zero, it was especially bad when we were actually riding inside the clouds that were making the rain.

I was fairly dry inside my waterproof clothing but my brother John was complaining of water ingress via a small tear in the crotch of his rubber trousers.
"My neck is a bit wet " I announced," The water is creeping down from my helmet."
"My neck is a bit wet too" said John, "The water is coming up from my crotch".

The Andorran countryside was wild and beautiful, but the towns were the complete opposite. Andorra is an independent principality and operates as a tax haven. Every building is a duty free shop. It's like riding a motorcycle through a giant airport.

Great photos, great stories Tom, keep them coming.

You look like you are wearing space suits.

No idea why this question came to mind, but given your famously thimble sized bladder, how long does it take you to, you know, adjust all that apparel in order to get your willy out & have a wee? Must take a while.

Oh mine are just pull your pants down and have a slash jobbies, takes me ~ 30 seconds including shaking. Unlike my son-in-law, (AKA the Stig) I think he just pees down his leg a la Billy Connolly.

I bought my waterproof clothing from a work-wear shop rather than a motorcycle accessory shop and made around an 80% saving.

It's like when you buy your daughter white stilettos for the wedding. On no account should you go to a wedding shop or mention the word 'wedding'.

Ha, I can see why you call him "Stig". And yeah, that looks quite a palaver for him. If I were wearing that, I think I'd have a job even finding my willy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29028 on: June 25, 2017, 10:37:19 PM »

Here's the newest one. Screen and rack have been removed as I didn't like them. Needs a little work.

Here's the current stable.

What a beauty she is, love it.

That your boy? How old is he, what is his name?

Do you reside in Bury St Edmunds? If so, you must bump into booder regularly. He lives near there. Dereham Bridge, I believe.
That is Boy2 although Wifey calls him Caden and he's 6.In no way,shape or form did I ride slowly down my close with him like that Officer.
BSE is my place of residence and if Mr Booder is a Dereham resident then that's in Norfolklandshire. That's next to Suffolk but I rarely venture over the Border. Nelson's from Norfolklandshire.

Can also confirm that if Im wearing my bike leathers out and about whilst Im muttybiking, a No2 requires a complete derig to achieve bomb bay doors open. A slight inconvenience.

Cymru am byth
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29029 on: July 03, 2017, 09:08:44 PM »

Pretty hard to imagine how both sets of parents feel about this sad tale;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40478679

It does not bear thinking about, does it?

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #29030 on: July 03, 2017, 09:11:30 PM »

Absolutely fantastic blogging Tom. Please keep the stories coming as you make the reader feel like they are part of the adventure .

Sounds like an amazing road trip , thanks again for sharing

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #29031 on: July 03, 2017, 09:16:14 PM »

If the rumours were true when the story first broke then it's just about as sad as it can get.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29032 on: July 03, 2017, 09:25:55 PM »

If the rumours were true when the story first broke then it's just about as sad as it can get.

Well I never heard the rumours, but human nature means we reserve most of our sympathy for the parents of the murdered child. The other parents must feel pretty devastated too, though. Not only has their daughter murdered someone, but she is very sick & likely to live the rest of her sad life either in prison or some sort of mental institution.   

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #29033 on: July 03, 2017, 10:16:39 PM »

Yesterday evening my wife went out and one of the kids spotted a small chick on the drive where the car had been.   We didn't see any mum at first, nor had any idea where a nest may be.  When the kids walked towards it, it was pretty clear it wan't flying yet as it hopped away.  I told them to stay still and looked up what we should do on the RSPB site.   It appears the best thing to do was just leave it; it may have left the nest early as the nest was getting crowded and the mum would likely to be still feeding her.

I looked around and saw what looked like a female chaffinch on the neighbours roof chirping away.  Sad to say I had no idea if it was a distress/warning call or not.

Anyway this morning, there were a couple of excitable crows getting agitated at the bottom of the neighbour's bush and again I could see the female chaffinch on the top of the neighbour's house chirping away.

I didn't hang around to see what happened.  I know it is nature and you shouldn't intervene, but at any stage, do you intervene?  I felt a bit shitty afterwards, I couldn't see the harm in chasing the crows away, but dare say one of the neighbourhood cats would have been along soon anyway.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29034 on: July 03, 2017, 10:29:31 PM »

It's tough I know and it's no real biggie either way in the grand scheme of things but since you asked.... 

PersonallyI wouldn't intervene. Crow chicks have to eat too you know, and anyway, why was it not in the nest? Are you allowing a bird that jumps ship too early to live and breed and pass that tendency on?

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29035 on: July 03, 2017, 10:37:38 PM »

It's tough I know and it's no real biggie either way in the grand scheme of things but since you asked.... 

PersonallyI wouldn't intervene. Crow chicks have to eat too you know, and anyway, why was it not in the nest? Are you allowing a bird that jumps ship too early to live and breed and pass that tendency on?

What if it had been booted out by a cookoo chick?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29036 on: July 03, 2017, 11:26:59 PM »

No Ralph, it was too old for that. Cuckoos only eject eggs or new hatchings.  

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29037 on: July 03, 2017, 11:51:15 PM »

And also it's too late in the year

The cuckoo comes in April
He sings his song in May
Then in June he changes his tune
In July he flies away.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29038 on: July 03, 2017, 11:55:35 PM »

Anyway who are you and what have you done with the real Ralph?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #29039 on: July 04, 2017, 08:49:06 AM »

Maybe the nest got attacked and he had a much better survival instinct than the others who were previously sparohawk fodder?  He is probably an ex-bird by now as there has been no sign of either him or the mother since yesterday morning.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 1932 1933 1934 1935 [1936] 1937 1938 1939 1940 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: