blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:47:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2081 2082 2083 2084 [2085] 2086 2087 2088 2089 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3603976 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #31260 on: September 20, 2019, 10:47:24 PM »

One of the things that helped Mrs Pokerpops to settle in the North East was the proximity of the coast. Growing up in Northampton the idea of a seaside visit for the day was like thinking of going to the moon. We can now pop to Redcar, or Whitby, or Tynemouth or anywhere in between on a whim.
There are so many beautiful, and quiet, beaches up here and the dog absolutely loves them.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #31261 on: September 21, 2019, 12:03:56 AM »

We also go to the coast - Hunstanton either a Tuesday or Wednesday to walk the dog have fish n Chips call at Tesco n buy random stuff
[/quote]

Do try Erics if you have not done so far....

http://www.ericsfishandchips.com/

We did try this but didn’t like it as much as fishers or the newly opened next to the princess theatre Henry’s - with a great outside verandah facing the setting sun .

Sloes had to have frost I was told on so I used to wait till very late in the year ,then someone suggested an overnight stay in the freezer for them .
Lol I never thought of that , I can be quite thick at times
There’s nothing quite like a sip of sloe gin whilst out following the fitzwillian hunt on a winters day though
Then a slo cooker full of braising steak carrots diced onion n some red wine 🍷 perfect day in the winter for me that is .
Huntings not everyone’s cup of tea so all you vegans miss that bit out

[/quote]
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #31262 on: September 21, 2019, 07:22:15 AM »

We also go to the coast - Hunstanton either a Tuesday or Wednesday to walk the dog have fish n Chips call at Tesco n buy random stuff

We did try this but didn’t like it as much as fishers or the newly opened next to the princess theatre Henry’s - with a great outside verandah facing the setting sun .

Sloes had to have frost I was told on so I used to wait till very late in the year ,then someone suggested an overnight stay in the freezer for them .
There’s nothing quite like a sip of sloe gin whilst out following the fitzwillian hunt on a winters day though
Then a slo cooker full of braising steak carrots diced onion n some red wine 🍷 perfect day in the winter for me that is .

[/quote]
[/quote]

We use to take a pack of Harehounds to Helpston every year, that railway line would freak me out
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #31263 on: September 21, 2019, 07:23:52 AM »

Still think the best brew is "Slogasm"

Sloe gin and Champagne mixed
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31264 on: September 21, 2019, 10:19:51 AM »

I think I live as far away from the sea as it's possible to get in the UK.

The older I get, the better I was.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #31265 on: September 21, 2019, 10:40:18 AM »

The people of Xinjiang laugh at you.
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #31266 on: September 21, 2019, 10:41:41 AM »

Going back to fish scraps....off to Cornwall again later in the year and this years expensive dining experience chosen is Rick Padstein's plaice, except that now he has so many to chose from plus a patisserie and a gift shop. Anyway prior to perusing all the available menu's online, I'd 99% made my mind up all I wanted was his fish & chips and was surprised and delighted that his fish and chip shop as well as being the cheapest has scraps on the menu free of charge! All we have to do now is hope that somewhere we can get a crab for the other half, the challenge is that not only is it on the menu, but available and hasn't been messed about with too much so it just tastes like a crab.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 10:45:03 AM by Supernova » Logged

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31267 on: September 21, 2019, 10:59:51 AM »

Crab? Yuk!

He knows that it's just a giant fishy insect right?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31268 on: September 21, 2019, 12:06:05 PM »

And if you don't know why, she's not telling you!

Labour conference: Menopausal women 'should get flexible work hours'

Shadow equalities minister Dawn Butler.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49781137

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31269 on: September 21, 2019, 01:16:28 PM »

I thought this was good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/science-environment-49669971/the-photographer-capturing-mankind-s-impact-on-planet-earth
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 01:18:59 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31270 on: September 21, 2019, 03:34:12 PM »

Going back to fish scraps....off to Cornwall again later in the year and this years expensive dining experience chosen is Rick Padstein's plaice, except that now he has so many to chose from plus a patisserie and a gift shop. Anyway prior to perusing all the available menu's online, I'd 99% made my mind up all I wanted was his fish & chips and was surprised and delighted that his fish and chip shop as well as being the cheapest has scraps on the menu free of charge! All we have to do now is hope that somewhere we can get a crab for the other half, the challenge is that not only is it on the menu, but available and hasn't been messed about with too much so it just tastes like a crab.

I'm so impressed by the bolded bit.

You can only get scraps from fish-oyles that do propper batter. You know, the crisp, golden curly kind, not that hard yellow slab of plaster-like batter that comes off all in one lump leaving the fish almost raw underneath.

Proper batter.

Orrible batter

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31271 on: September 21, 2019, 03:39:38 PM »

Also, why the fridge is that so-called battered cod lying across a pile of deflating pea substitutes and why are the chips in a thimble?

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #31272 on: September 21, 2019, 04:21:50 PM »

[/quote]

We use to take a pack of Harehounds to Helpston every year, that railway line would freak me out
[/quote]

We saw the Newmarket beagles in  action on New Year’s Day somewhere out the back of Stamford after the traditional fitzwilliam meeting at the haycock
The huntsmen are on foot and must be incredibly fit to run so far
When hunted a hare runs in ever decreasing circles in a field ,so do the dogs n huntsmen
I’m like why don’t they just wait for it to come round again
All good fun

The main line railway could be a problem we had that scenario only with the A47 at castor where a hound wondered onto the carriageway and got ran over ,the hunts master got prosecuted
It does make you laugh though with the old boy network the magistrate was probably friends / old school chums with Lord fitzwilliam
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31273 on: September 21, 2019, 11:31:57 PM »

Just found this in my private collection.

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #31274 on: September 21, 2019, 11:54:35 PM »

Crab? Yuk!

He knows that it's just a giant fishy insect right?

Yup!

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Pages: 1 ... 2081 2082 2083 2084 [2085] 2086 2087 2088 2089 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: