blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:22:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2116 2117 2118 2119 [2120] 2121 2122 2123 2124 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600367 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #31785 on: November 01, 2019, 05:13:01 PM »

EEEEOOOOWWWCH!

They apply a local anesthetic and then scrape out some of the infected cells to work out which drugs to give you. I'm slightly less cavalier with my lens care now.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31786 on: November 01, 2019, 05:33:36 PM »

Loving these stories.

Do these problems only effect plump elderly men or can anyone get them?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #31787 on: November 01, 2019, 05:44:36 PM »

Teeth has got to be the nut worse. Although my teeth are a terrible embarrassment I haven't had any abscess or other issue since I had a major heart op.

When I had that op I promised myself I'd get my teeth fixed properly in Croatia or somewhere once I'd moved on and had a transplant. I didn't want to spend a load on lovely new teeth just to take them newly fitted to the grave.

8 1/2 years later the VAD I had implanted is still going strong, one of the few people who work on after the op and am always too fit to get near the criticality level that might prompt a transplant. So. I might be one of the few longest surviving people with a VAD in the UK but my teeth are still shocking. Oh and those drains being removed can smart a bit I agree.

sola virtus nobilitat
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #31788 on: November 01, 2019, 05:54:15 PM »

Worst pain I've had, pancreatitis, where your pancreas gets irritated and closes up, keeping a lot of digestive enzymes inside it so they start to digest it, while your stomach can't digest things... Feels like you've a knife in your stomach and someone is stirring with it. Had a nurse tell me she'd had it (can be a symptom of gall stones), and she'd also had kids, said she'd take child birth without anaesthetics first.

Was so bad I gave up alcohol for years, the Blondites from the old Blonde Bashes will testify how bad that must have been, even now if I drink I'm dry for a good while after.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31789 on: November 01, 2019, 05:55:42 PM »

What exactly is a VAD and why do you have one?

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31790 on: November 01, 2019, 06:00:10 PM »

Worst pain I've had, pancreatitis, where your pancreas gets irritated and closes up, keeping a lot of digestive enzymes inside it so they start to digest it, while your stomach can't digest things... Feels like you've a knife in your stomach and someone is stirring with it. Had a nurse tell me she'd had it (can be a symptom of gall stones), and she'd also had kids, said she'd take child birth without anaesthetics first.

Was so bad I gave up alcohol for years, the Blondites from the old Blonde Bashes will testify how bad that must have been, even now if I drink I'm dry for a good while after.

I've heard stories about pancreatitis before. I had an infected gall bladder (oh my giddy aunt) and they said that could turn to pancreatitis if I wasn't careful.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #31791 on: November 01, 2019, 06:11:00 PM »

Anyway, number one pain was picked up playing football. I got injured with a gash across the knee, pretty deep and about 3 1/2 inches long, could see fatty tissue spilling out and was reasonably painful after I'd warmed up a bit from being outside, cold and wet playing football. Had it stitched up and the next day it had ballooned up a bit with infection.

Went back to the hospital and a rather old doctor who didn't care much for anesthetics it seemed,  stuck his finger in the wound and slid his finger back and forth to remove as much of the (sorry need to say this) pus as possible before smothering it in antibiotic powder. I actually yelled out loud and I'm normally quite stoic.

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #31792 on: November 01, 2019, 06:12:34 PM »

It's one of these - remedy for heart failure to keep you going until you can get a transplant
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ventricular_assist_device

sola virtus nobilitat
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #31793 on: November 01, 2019, 06:20:45 PM »

I've heard stories about pancreatitis before. I had an infected gall bladder (oh my giddy aunt) and they said that could turn to pancreatitis if I wasn't careful.

Be very glad you didn't, wouldn't wish it on an enemy.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31794 on: November 01, 2019, 07:15:18 PM »

It's one of these - remedy for heart failure to keep you going until you can get a transplant

We've spoken about this before. I was blown away last time and I'm blown away again.

Incredible seems too mundane a superlative.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #31795 on: November 01, 2019, 07:25:53 PM »

Loving these stories.

Pfft, I'm not old.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31796 on: November 01, 2019, 07:45:00 PM »

Loving these stories.

Pfft, I'm not old.

Do you remember spangles?

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #31797 on: November 01, 2019, 07:46:21 PM »

Loving these stories.

Pfft, I'm not old.

Do you remember spangles?

Ok, _that_ old.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #31798 on: November 01, 2019, 10:43:10 PM »

I dislocated it 6&1/2 days after having it fitted. Apparently they are vulnerable until you rebuild the muscles and tendons.

The pain was excruciating,

I bow to the stories from the older guys about pancreatitis and dodgy eyes though. At a mere 65 I guess I have those things to look forward to.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31799 on: November 02, 2019, 08:47:03 AM »

I've been thinking about this all night. What a concept it really is.

I have some questions but it would probably be rude to just blurt them out.

Pages: 1 ... 2116 2117 2118 2119 [2120] 2121 2122 2123 2124 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: