blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:10:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2140 2141 2142 2143 [2144] 2145 2146 2147 2148 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3609430 times)
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #32145 on: December 17, 2019, 04:31:35 PM »

Talk about out of touch with reality. It would be funny if it wasn't so serious.

BBC News - Serie A uses monkeys in anti-racism posters
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50814275

No matter how many times I see this on the news I still can't believe it got sanctioned, and probably by a lot of people. Bloody idiots.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32146 on: December 17, 2019, 05:50:28 PM »

The 'How to make a cup of tea' diary recruits some help.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32147 on: December 17, 2019, 06:58:39 PM »

The 'How to make a cup of tea' diary recruits some help.

FFS.

Yorkshire Tea. Since when was Yorkshire in Kenya & Sri Lanka?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32148 on: December 18, 2019, 10:07:16 AM »

Women get fed up with things because they are old and they have had them for a long time.

Men like things because they are old and they they have had them for a long time.

I want my spoon back.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 10:09:53 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32149 on: December 18, 2019, 10:17:04 AM »

You'd struggle to get this sketch through today.

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #32150 on: December 18, 2019, 10:47:49 AM »

You'd struggle to get this sketch through today.

Grin Grin Grin

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32151 on: December 19, 2019, 01:23:07 PM »

Even I look happier than these two, and I suffer from RBF.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32152 on: December 19, 2019, 07:50:11 PM »

If I hear another advert using a parody of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas I'm going to rip my ears off.

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #32153 on: December 19, 2019, 10:18:26 PM »

This is where we're heading arb.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07y35w1

I've avoided Amazon like the plague but because of my work on Twitch (you get a free stream sub) I've just signed up for a cheap 3 month deal on Prime. Our fake electric log fire bulb blew and I tried to get a replacement first from Screwfix who didn't have the exact replacement but had a couple that would probably be ok but wouldn't sell me any because we didn't buy the fire from them.

I then rang the local electrical shop who didn't have on in the local branch but had in another branch 30 miles away and would let me know in the morning. That was 3 days ago and I'm still waiting....

I looked on Amazon at about 6.30pm on Tuesday, they had the very thing a box of 5 for under a fiver and delivered them and something else I wanted the next day at 8.30pm.

So sadly I think so.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #32154 on: December 20, 2019, 06:23:05 AM »

Yesterday was the queens normal arriving at kings Lynn on the train for sandringham
But brexit / new parliament messed my plans up once again ,I read in the paper she was due to open parliament,so didn’t bother going
Hoping to go this morning to see her arrive
Last year she was here by ten am so it’s an early one
Last year I was at the station on the one way system next to morrisons a whole week early  .
But I managed to combine some shopping in so the morning wasn’t wasted
We will also go to see her at church Sunday ,it’s not as crowded as the xmas day service
I think it’s great you can get so close to the royal family members without going to London
We’ve had a one to one with Prince William , but that’s another story if you want to hear it let me know ?
Cheers
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #32155 on: December 20, 2019, 07:07:09 AM »

Yesterday was the queens normal arriving at kings Lynn on the train for sandringham
But brexit / new parliament messed my plans up once again ,I read in the paper she was due to open parliament,so didn’t bother going
Hoping to go this morning to see her arrive
Last year she was here by ten am so it’s an early one
Last year I was at the station on the one way system next to morrisons a whole week early  .
But I managed to combine some shopping in so the morning wasn’t wasted
We will also go to see her at church Sunday ,it’s not as crowded as the xmas day service
I think it’s great you can get so close to the royal family members without going to London
We’ve had a one to one with Prince William , but that’s another story if you want to hear it let me know ?
Cheers

Cant wait Tony
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32156 on: December 20, 2019, 08:18:34 AM »

I want to hear.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #32157 on: December 21, 2019, 05:16:57 AM »

I’m in the process of writing it up cheers
Ch5 last night was a programme all about sandringham purchased by the king ,her father for £220 k to include many acres of farmland ,now worth £22 million estimated
Said to be one of the finest country houses in this country
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #32158 on: December 22, 2019, 04:05:54 PM »

ok so we live in peterborough enjoy going to the coast ,passing a sign that says sandringham quite regularly with no real thoughts about whats there ,as we are focused on being the first to see the sea
some years ago 15 even ,my mums twin visited and i took them both to see the house at sandringham .being welsh born both are very pro royal and model their clothes and styleee on the queen
the queens winter /christmas house is just that a rather large architectually interesting country house ,with thousands of acres of sandy , farmlands surrounding it ,with mixed use ,arable ,pig farming ,forestry to breed pheasants for sporting guns / winter shooting parties
for a reasonable admission you can tour the house ,downstairs certain rooms only ,with knowledgeable locals who work on the estate guarding the contents and guiding you
there are stories of silk wallpaper ,some expensive sometime slightly bizarre gifts from foreign dignitaries,dining tables set out with very blingy china ,theres the gun room , the cinema room  ,plenty to see
models and brasses of horses ,the family have owned,, one being persimmon , owned by the queens father and only raced 9 times it won 7 times some of the big races -the durham miners john smiths plate ,the starvitch, ascot derby etc
so theres a life size statue of it outside the stables we are told
but its the "other way "past the house where we've never been
I've become a bit more lets go this way but not return on the same route as I'm getting older ,mainly to see more scenery
so we drive past the house n stables and using my compass in my head think ,this is sunny hunny direction ,I'm sure we can come out near it
lovely tree lined back roads and countryside -norfolk isn't as flat as myth suggests
we arrive at a village called Amner
ooohhh prince william lives here says the mother in law
no he doesn't he lives in scotland says Denise
we trundle on and theres 4 people pushing a buggy with a baby in and a cocker spaniel walking beside ,
its them announces Denise
fk off goes me
oooohhhh goes her mum
it was them it was them
so i go half a mie to a farm yard n turn the pick up around n drive past the walkers a bit slower
fk me it is them prince william kate young george on williams shoulders charlotte in the pram plus another couple
i think we were all a little blown away by the sight of them
by now we are going in the wrong direction to sunny sunny n fish n chips
so i spin the pick up round
reapproaching the royals ,they go up a public footpath
i pull over
right outside a walled house - Amner hall
then in quick succession i notice some one walking down the track across the road towards us ,as an armed policeman appears out of a gate with a gun at the ready
prince william waves him away storms up to the van ,leans on my door and says " we dont want any photos taken "and he seems pretty mad we haven't taken any sir i blurt out
we were just gobsmacked to see you all we've just been to sandringham i explained
he immediately mellowed and spoke to us for 4-5  minutes before returning to kate and co
as we drove off totally gobsmacked that the future king of england had spoken to us
the mother in law burst in to tears and still talks about  it to this day
all quite surreal
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 04:08:44 PM by tonytats » Logged
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32159 on: December 22, 2019, 04:17:34 PM »

Fantastic story. Thanks for sharing.

Pages: 1 ... 2140 2141 2142 2143 [2144] 2145 2146 2147 2148 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: