blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:42:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2144 2145 2146 2147 [2148] 2149 2150 2151 2152 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3599323 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #32205 on: December 24, 2019, 07:42:49 PM »

I think I meant flies when I typed spiders not that Mrs Red would allow anything of the kind on one of her walls.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32206 on: December 24, 2019, 07:53:40 PM »

I think I meant flies when I typed spiders not that Mrs Red would allow anything of the kind on one of her walls.

Mrs Red loves spiders, were not allowed to disturb them. If one has to be moved she makes me capture it gently without causing it any harm and then move it to a more convenient location.

She has a pathological hatred of flies though. They don't reign long in her presence. She doesn't even involve me, she enjoys killing them herself, the more violent the death the better.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32207 on: December 24, 2019, 08:20:35 PM »

Now for some serious stuff. What is on the menu for Christmas lunch tomorrow?

In a word Mr D, everything.

We have always pushed the boat out for Christmas lunch, even when I was a boy and we as poor a church mice we still did the best we could. Mam would lay a turkey away with the local butcher, dropping him the odd shilling here and there throughout the year.
It wasn't unusual for there to be one less beak to feed at the local pond ether. (Talk about sitting ducks)

It always amazes me how the women folk manage to produce a beef roast, a ham, a turkey, stuffing, pigs in blankets, Yorkshire puddings and roast taters from a caravan oven.

Then there's the mash, sprouts, cabbage, peas, (proper soaked peas mind) and carrots etc.

Gravy - beef & chicken.

Various sauces - cranberry, apple, and Mrs Red's to-die-for white onion sauce.

Mince pies, Christmas pud, and a two foot square, six inch deep custard tart.

Not that I'm all that keen myself, I only eat like a sparrow.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32208 on: December 24, 2019, 08:29:43 PM »

Just received this pic of my daughter Sadie, of the "My daughter Sadie" thread fame, with her bodyguards in Lapland.

Click to see full-size image.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #32209 on: December 24, 2019, 08:34:28 PM »

Mrs Red loves spiders, were not allowed to disturb them. If one has to be moved she makes me capture it gently without causing it any harm and then move it to a more convenient location.

She has a pathological hatred of flies though. They don't reign long in her presence. She doesn't even involve me, she enjoys killing them herself, the more violent the death the better.

I'm very similar.

I have small cardboard soap/spider box and I slide a piece of paper under the spiders before releasing them over my balcony.

Flies on the other hand suffer the not inconsiderable wrath of my rolled-up Private Eye magazine.

It's always a relief to know that some of my foibles are shared.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32210 on: December 24, 2019, 08:44:35 PM »

As kids we used to make these rubber band and paper bullet guns which were amazingly effective for killing flies.

If you used one to fire a fence staple at your brother you could make two very neat holes in his ribcage and end up with a fat lip.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 08:46:46 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32211 on: December 24, 2019, 10:45:29 PM »

As kids we used to make these rubber band and paper bullet guns which were amazingly effective for killing flies.

If you used one to fire a fence staple at your brother you could make two very neat holes in his ribcage and end up with a fat lip.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32212 on: December 25, 2019, 12:15:44 AM »

There is a fantastic line in here somewhere, I was going to quote it here as a teaser but it's slipped my mind for the moment.

If you do listen to this interview, pick out your favourite line and post it. It might be the same one.

12barblues

View Profile
« Reply #32213 on: December 25, 2019, 01:20:13 AM »

Happy Christmas Red (and family), TK (and  very significant other....) and old friends.

12bb

P.S. I was going to post on “another” diary”, but I fear it would have buried under bricks and concrete,

If life is a game of cards, somebody is cheating.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32214 on: December 25, 2019, 01:46:28 AM »

Happy Christmas Red (and family), TK (and  very significant other....) and old friends.

12bb

P.S. I was going to post on “another” diary”, but I fear it would have buried under bricks and concrete,

Mr 12 Bar. Terrific to hear from you.

How you keeping, what you been doing?

Have you mastered that anglo concertina?

Still in Leeds? Still got the moles that left Tom & invaded you instead?

« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 08:54:55 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #32215 on: December 25, 2019, 07:34:12 AM »

Happy Christmas Tom, it has been a great honour taking this journey with you.

All the best to you and your family

Andrew
x

Ah! The element of surprise
engy

View Profile
« Reply #32216 on: December 25, 2019, 09:00:36 AM »

Merry Christmas Tom. Love reading yours and Tikays writing. You both write so well when telling a story. Definitely both should do a book on your lives, would be top of my list
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32217 on: December 25, 2019, 10:57:50 AM »

Happy Christmas Tom, it has been a great honour taking this journey with you.

All the best to you and your family

Andrew
x

Merry Christmas to you and yours Andrew.

Can I just take a moment to say what a good friend you've been over the years. Thank you.

I've always enjoyed being in your company. I think it's because you make me look slim.
X

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32218 on: December 25, 2019, 11:05:14 AM »

Merry Christmas Tom. Love reading yours and Tikays writing. You both write so well when telling a story. Definitely both should do a book on your lives, would be top of my list

Merry Christmas engy.

You always pop in to my diary and ask a question or make a comment and that's what keeps it going.
Thank you.

BTW- in the absence of any other information I've decided that engy is short for Englebert.
X

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32219 on: December 25, 2019, 11:07:26 AM »

Happy Christmas Red (and family), TK (and  very significant other....) and old friends.

12bb

Mr 12 bar!

Where the feck have you been? I was about to send someone to look for you.

Don't do that again.

Merry Christmas.
X

Pages: 1 ... 2144 2145 2146 2147 [2148] 2149 2150 2151 2152 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: