blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 11:45:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 ... 2348 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3651015 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6495 on: September 28, 2009, 02:57:00 PM »

I've become quite friendly with one or two Rastas at DTD. I don't know if it is part of their faith, but they are really respectful toward other peeps, always a nice handshake and greeting etc.

The older I get, the better I was.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: September 28, 2009, 02:59:41 PM »

I don't know if it is part of their faith, but they are really respectful toward other peeps, always a nice handshake and greeting etc.

wtf? this is almost racist.

you assume it's part of their faith to be nice otherwise they'd obv be complete tossers?

maybe theyre just nice guys who happen to be rastas?
pokefast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6497 on: September 28, 2009, 03:01:19 PM »

What in the name of god is this ffs.

How do they think they are gonna police this anyway?

My wife looks after her friends son,who is 20 months old,from 8 till 4 thirty every Thursday its called helping someone out ffs!!!

Jon Woodfield is the cleverist man in Europe!
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6498 on: September 28, 2009, 03:03:24 PM »

I don't know if it is part of their faith, but they are really respectful toward other peeps, always a nice handshake and greeting etc.

wtf? this is almost racist.

you assume it's part of their faith to be nice otherwise they'd obv be complete tossers?

maybe theyre just nice guys who happen to be rastas?

If that's how you choose to interpret my post, fine. I'm comfortable with that.

You seem to be the one doing the assuming.

pokefast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6499 on: September 28, 2009, 03:04:40 PM »

I've become quite friendly with one or two Rastas at DTD. I don't know if it is part of their faith, but they are really respectful toward other peeps, always a nice handshake and greeting etc.

Just their personality i'd guess Red,same as all race and religions,good and bad everywhere.

Reason i know this is i was once chased by a rastafarian outside Cold Blow Lane ( Millwall's old ground ) and he wasn't very nice,wanted to stab me he did!

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: September 28, 2009, 03:05:55 PM »

Just their personality i'd guess Red,same as all race and religions,good and bad everywhere.

Reason i know this is i was once chased by a rastafarian outside Cold Blow Lane ( Millwall's old ground ) and he wasn't very nice,wanted to stab me he did!

it might have been his religion to chase and stab you
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 03:15:26 PM by bolt pp » Logged
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6501 on: September 28, 2009, 03:12:45 PM »

Haha! I know that people are just people, whatever their background or religion, it's just that these guys make such a point of doing a proper "Hello. how are you? I hope you are well" type greeting that I wondered if it was part of their teachings.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6502 on: September 28, 2009, 03:24:55 PM »

Haha! I know that people are just people, whatever their background or religion, it's just that these guys make such a point of doing a proper "Hello. how are you? I hope you are well" type greeting that I wondered if it was part of their teachings.

It is a big part of their teachings.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6503 on: September 28, 2009, 03:27:03 PM »

It is a big part of their teachings.

Really? Well if so, good for them.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: September 28, 2009, 03:30:33 PM »

Not every black guy with dreadlocks is a Rasta.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
pokefast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6505 on: September 28, 2009, 03:32:38 PM »

Does this mean then that ratsafarians that are not friendly are not part of the rasta religion or are you only a rastafarian if you follow the rasta faith?

pokefast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6506 on: September 28, 2009, 03:33:41 PM »

What social groupage would these come under then?

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: September 28, 2009, 03:34:57 PM »

lol please stop
pokefast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6508 on: September 28, 2009, 03:37:00 PM »

lol please stop

What?

Twas a proper question, not very well worded perhaps but you get what i mean.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6509 on: September 28, 2009, 03:39:25 PM »

Does this mean then that ratsafarians that are not friendly are not part of the rasta religion or are you only a rastafarian if you follow the rasta faith?

I don't suppose so. Just because you are taught something, doesn't mean you have to be observant of it. I don't imagine that everyone who was brought up Catholic shuns birth control for example.

Pages: 1 ... 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 ... 2348 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: