blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:47:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1282 1283 1284 1285 [1286] 1287 1288 1289 1290 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600082 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #19275 on: August 31, 2012, 10:07:41 AM »

I went with peanuts first, because the birds used to hoover them when I lived in Ireland.  The birds over here won't touch 'em though, not even the pigeons.  At least not the ones around our house.  Sigh.  Have since gone with seed and fat balls and they love them...even the damn pigeons. 

Place seeds and fat balls in a feeder that the pigeons can't get at?

Something like this
 Click to see full-size image.

but with a fat ball cage on one side

buy it here, or probably from amazon via blonde link
http://shopping.rspb.org.uk/bird-food-and-feeding/all-birdfood-and-feeding/shepherd-s-crook-feeder-pole.html

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19276 on: August 31, 2012, 10:14:34 AM »

We've a new addition.  Introducing Fib

Genius naming by technobog

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #19277 on: August 31, 2012, 10:48:52 AM »

FFS Kin...no need to rub it in!  I still think Bink would have been a great name.  But no....Fib won.  Sigh.

Jack is a maths geek.  I reckon the other maths geeks amongst you have it sussed by now, but for those who haven't quite got it - our first dog is Archie.  Jack reckons when we're out and about with the dogs, "Fib n Archie" is what he'll call out when he wants them to come to us.  The two names combined sound a bit like this guy...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #19278 on: August 31, 2012, 08:38:25 PM »

Another male into the house and I'm well outnumbered now.  So far so good and I'd like to think it'll carry on that way, but just in case...any tips when dealing with two male dogs? 

Just make sure they both know that you're the boss and Jack is second in command. Then let them decide their own pecking order.

They might have a bit of a showdown when the youngster starts feeling manly, but it's best to let them get it over with.

If they do there will be a lot of horrible snapping and snarling, but it's rare that they do each other any real damage.

PS- I haven't forgotten about the bird feeders
, it's just that my life is manic at the moment.

xx

Went to buy one yesterday but thought I'd see what had been put on here about them. My eldest boy has declared a passing interest in the birds that land in the bird bath inherited from
the previous owner of my new house, so I'd like to get a feeder. Was thinking summat simple like this-

But just wondered whether peanuts or the wild seed stuff would be better for the birds???
tx,
Mohican

If you want something that pretty much anything will eat then go with Sunflower hearts. But you'll want a feeder with smaller holes than the one pictured.

We get Blue Tits, Great Tits, Sparrows, Greenfiches, Goldfinches and of course Starlings eating from the feeders and then there are Blackbirds, Bullfinches, Chaffinches, Doves and Wood Pigeons hoovering up what's on the ground. And there's the occasional visit by a Sparrowhawk, feeding on any of the above!

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19279 on: September 20, 2012, 12:01:42 PM »

This diary's gone quiet, so I thought I'd post up a video of some lego engineering:

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #19280 on: September 20, 2012, 12:29:37 PM »

Another male into the house and I'm well outnumbered now.  So far so good and I'd like to think it'll carry on that way, but just in case...any tips when dealing with two male dogs? 

Just make sure they both know that you're the boss and Jack is second in command. Then let them decide their own pecking order.

They might have a bit of a showdown when the youngster starts feeling manly, but it's best to let them get it over with.

If they do there will be a lot of horrible snapping and snarling, but it's rare that they do each other any real damage.

PS- I haven't forgotten about the bird feeders
, it's just that my life is manic at the moment.

xx

Went to buy one yesterday but thought I'd see what had been put on here about them. My eldest boy has declared a passing interest in the birds that land in the bird bath inherited from
the previous owner of my new house, so I'd like to get a feeder. Was thinking summat simple like this-

But just wondered whether peanuts or the wild seed stuff would be better for the birds???
tx,
Mohican

If you want something that pretty much anything will eat then go with Sunflower hearts. But you'll want a feeder with smaller holes than the one pictured.

We get Blue Tits, Great Tits, Sparrows, Greenfiches, Goldfinches and of course Starlings eating from the feeders and then there are Blackbirds, Bullfinches, Chaffinches, Doves and Wood Pigeons hoovering up what's on the ground. And there's the occasional visit by a Sparrowhawk, feeding on any of the above!

I have a Sparrowhawk that visits my garden and we see it feeding perhaps once every two weeks. Are they quite common?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #19281 on: September 20, 2012, 02:00:21 PM »

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19282 on: September 20, 2012, 02:11:07 PM »

Took me a second, then I 

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #19283 on: September 20, 2012, 02:18:34 PM »

Same. Brilliant!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #19284 on: September 20, 2012, 03:55:46 PM »

lol bird banter
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #19285 on: September 20, 2012, 10:43:46 PM »

Tom looks like Sky have been playing your funny headline game.

http://news.sky.com/story/987413/forest-boy-disappears-german-cops-stumped

Ah! The element of surprise
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #19286 on: September 20, 2012, 11:21:50 PM »

VWP Mill  Grin

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #19287 on: September 20, 2012, 11:36:03 PM »

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19288 on: September 21, 2012, 08:43:16 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Murder_of_Crows

Roll Eyes

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #19289 on: October 06, 2012, 10:49:44 AM »

Tom we have new additions to our garden.

Pages: 1 ... 1282 1283 1284 1285 [1286] 1287 1288 1289 1290 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: