blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:15:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1542 1543 1544 1545 [1546] 1547 1548 1549 1550 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3610568 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23175 on: September 20, 2013, 07:15:19 PM »

I don't know where or how to find it on your Diary Tom, but I was thinking today about when you got your new place, "mobile" or whatever the correct wordy is.

I vividly remember the photo where you were trying to get the thing though your gate.

How long you had it now? Has it met expectations? Any probs with it? What sort of lifespan will it have?

Presumably, they depreciate (financially) pretty bad?

Well I'm grateful for your attempt to kick-start my sporadic, (some might say moribund) diary.

I'm not sure if you are referring to the mobile/chalet I had when I first moved here almost 13 years ago, or the one that I replaced it with almost 10 years later when I got my planning permission.

No matter. I'll cobble an answer together when I get a minute.

Today, I have mostly been a lumberjack, so I'm OK.

The latest one, Tom. You did the whole story on the Diary. I recall a photo with it squeezing through the gate. You appeared to be giving hand signals of some description.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:19:01 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23176 on: September 20, 2013, 09:27:47 PM »

Unfortunately we had to lose a tree today.

For a few years I did heavy tree work full time but I haven't done any for ages. Now I'm all aches and pains.

Click to see full-size image.

View from the top.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23177 on: September 20, 2013, 09:58:52 PM »

Big thanks to the girls and the horse, who spent the day either eating or unloading about 20 trailer loads.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23178 on: September 20, 2013, 10:04:45 PM »

Good to see the horse helping as well.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #23179 on: September 23, 2013, 02:38:04 PM »

This is the kind of stuff my childhood dreams were made of.
First they're digging up long lost Plantagenets in a local car park, now I find my other home has become 'The Valley of T'ut Kings!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/431168/EXCLUSIVE-Barnsley-Valley-of-T-ut-Kings-as-Egyptian-mummy-is-dug-up

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #23180 on: September 23, 2013, 03:25:09 PM »

First they're digging up long lost Plantagenets in a local car park, now I find my other home has become 'The Valley of T'ut Kings!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/431168/EXCLUSIVE-Barnsley-Valley-of-T-ut-Kings-as-Egyptian-mummy-is-dug-up

That's fantastic!! Logically there is no reason they wouldn't have been there, but to find evidence is something else.

Cant help but think it's got to really screw with the heads of the EDL types as well - those egyptian genes must have entered the gene pool along with the Romans, Vikings etc etc

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #23181 on: September 24, 2013, 11:44:27 AM »

That's fantastic!! Logically there is no reason they wouldn't have been there, but to find evidence is something else.

Cant help but think it's got to really screw with the heads of the EDL types as well - those egyptian genes must have entered the gene pool along with the Romans, Vikings etc etc

Very cool, however I struggle to believe the EDL would even make the connection.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #23182 on: September 25, 2013, 01:19:25 PM »

Hi Red dog how are you? What have u been up to?

Have u won millions yet??
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23183 on: September 25, 2013, 05:43:20 PM »

Hi Red dog how are you? What have u been up to?

Have u won millions yet??

I'm absolutely wonderful Dreenie, and so busy it makes my head spin, but it's all good stuff, thank you for asking.

Haven't won any millions yet, but winning millions doesn't even make the needle twitch on my importanceometer.

I'm just a country boy
Money have I none
But I've got silver in the stars
Gold in the morning sun.

Smiley

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23184 on: September 26, 2013, 08:35:46 AM »

When I travel abroad, I usually only take hand luggage, which means that I have to leave my Swiss army knife behind. Would it cost extra to put my hand luggage in the hold?

Also, you know those luggage x ray machines? Well they must be much more powerful than the ones they use in hospitals for people, and yet the operators of the hospital ones leave the room while the X raying takes place, while the airport peeps just sit right next to their machines, and they're switched on all the time.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23185 on: September 26, 2013, 08:51:55 AM »

And while we're on the subject, I have a magnet that is about the size of two poker chips. It may be small, but it's incredibly powerful. I mean so powerful that if I stuck it on your car, you wouldn't be able to remove it without causing damage to the vehicle.
I
How does so much power manage to remain in there, just waiting for me to use it, how does it manage to be reuseable, and how does it manage to cling on to something with such force and remain there, for a thousand years if necessary, until I prise it off?

It's like I'm getting something for nothing. If there was a way to switch the power on and off, it would be the key to perpetual motion.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23186 on: September 26, 2013, 08:55:43 AM »

And while we're on the subject, I have a magnet that is about the size of two poker chips. It may be small, but it's incredibly powerful. I mean so powerful that if I stuck it on your car, you wouldn't be able to remove it without causing damage to the vehicle.
I
How does so much power manage to remain in there, just waiting for me to use it, how does it manage to be reuseable, and how does it manage to cling on to something with such force and remain there, for a thousand years if necessary, until I prise it off?

It's like I'm getting something for nothing. If there was a way to switch the power on and off, it would be the key to perpetual motion.

Yes, very clever & interesting, but surely no more clever or interesting a force than.........gravity?

Gravity is, I find, like a VW Golf, you can generally rely on it. Far more versatile & widespread than magnetic forces, too.

As a kid, I was endlessly fascinated by magnets, & played with them endlessly. Best toy ever.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23187 on: September 26, 2013, 09:01:28 AM »

I

Yes, very clever & interesting, but surely no more clever or interesting a force than.........gravity?

Gravity is, I find, like a VW Golf, you can generally rely on it. Far more versatile & widespread than magnetic forces, too.

As a kid, I was endlessly fascinated by magnets, & played with them endlessly. Best toy ever.

Yes but gravity is directly proportional to mass, so it's sort of understandable.

My 6oz magnet will lift 50lbs

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23188 on: September 26, 2013, 09:05:37 AM »

I

Yes but gravity is directly proportional to mass, so it's sort of understandable.

My 6oz magnet will lift 50lbs

Gravity holds everything, no matter how heavy.

If you think about these invisible forces, they are quite amazing.

Think of a ship. Gravity forces it down, & water forces it up, & they remain in perfect balance. How clever is that?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #23189 on: September 26, 2013, 09:08:52 AM »

Very weak force, gravity. The magnetic forces in the magnet keep it stuck to the shiny car while the gravity of the Earth itself is tugging it as hard as it can...and so is Mr Red Dog.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 1542 1543 1544 1545 [1546] 1547 1548 1549 1550 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: