blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:13:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1613 1614 1615 1616 [1617] 1618 1619 1620 1621 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3605733 times)
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #24240 on: April 15, 2014, 06:45:17 PM »

Sadly for him yes - although he was lucky enough the nickname didn't stick.

Sara, having grown up in the mobile age (and in the over? protective age) can't believe we used to leave the house in the morning, with a sandwich, a cagoule, a sheath knife and with the instructions to be back by dark.

We didn't suffer too many bad injuries, apart from Baw-Kebab there was one lad went up a pine in a forestry plantation (where they plant the trees close together to force them to grow tall and straight with spindly little side branches), we could climb them as little kids so long as you only took one hand or foot off a branch at a time - that spread your weight, and you could get to wood pigeon nests that way. He got up the tree put his hand up and into the nest & the mother was still there, she burst out the nest, he used both hands to shield his face and the branches under his feet snapped - he managed to snap every branch off that tree on the way down. His landing wasn't too hard as the branches had cushioned his fall, but the stubs had raked his thighs so he walked home like John Wayne.

There was another guy who decided to pee on an electric fence, got a shock in a sensitive place and jumped, falling over backwards, while still pissing, straight up...... He just got up and walked home without saying anything (we were laughing too hard to listen anyway) and he never went nesting with us again...

Aaahh the good old days we used to do that too as we got older we wanted air rifles too some parents allowed them some didn't so al the didnts used to store them round the dids then go over the woods n shoot each other Smiley
Gradually we progressed to motor bikes too anything from Honda 50s bantam 175s all stripped down for grass / off road use gallon of petrol was 5 bob ( 25 p) we always clubbed together for petrol or if skint went n siphoned some the night before
If you were flush you smoked embassy regal if you wernt it was players number 6 number ten sovereign or Carlton in descending order of wealth
Some of the girls who hung around the rec with us would show a bit of nipple for an embassy regal but sadly not much for a players number ten Smiley
I wonder where they all are now ?? Now I can afford embassy Smiley
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #24241 on: April 15, 2014, 06:48:00 PM »

You'd better give Camellia a hot-water-bottle and a blanket tonight

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #24242 on: April 15, 2014, 06:48:25 PM »

Mr T.

I was led to believe that the fish knife was a different shape not to be able to cut the fish up better but so that you knew which knives had been used to eat fish with. The idea was that the knife would pick up some of the smell of the fish and you don't want to be eating your roast beef with a fishy tasting knife.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24243 on: April 15, 2014, 06:50:49 PM »

Mr T.

I was led to believe that the fish knife was a different shape not to be able to cut the fish up better but so that you knew which knives had been used to eat fish with. The idea was that the knife would pick up some of the smell of the fish and you don't want to be eating your roast beef with a fishy tasting knife.

Ahh, thank you hector, that works. In those days, doubt they had Fairy Liquid.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #24244 on: April 15, 2014, 06:53:31 PM »

We used to walk / play along side the railway track when it rained we would walk the track to huts with small stoves in get a fire going to warm up if we were lucky there would be an old Mayfair or playboy in there to read / fight over
Or if we were really lucky we would find a few detonators in there suppoed to be put on the track to warn trains of fog or ?
We would have great fun with them throwing bricks at them on concrete in the rec until they went off ,then some nosey old bug* er would call the police so we would all scatter I never knew I could run so fast as when a copper was after you !!
Now it's all snap chat Instagram n Facebook I know what I'd rather have ??

Plenty of embassy Smiley
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #24245 on: April 15, 2014, 07:13:39 PM »

We used to walk / play along side the railway track when it rained we would walk the track to huts with small stoves in get a fire going to warm up if we were lucky there would be an old Mayfair or playboy in there to read / fight over
Or if we were really lucky we would find a few detonators in there suppoed to be put on the track to warn trains of fog or ?
We would have great fun with them throwing bricks at them on concrete in the rec until they went off ,then some nosey old bug* er would call the police so we would all scatter I never knew I could run so fast as when a copper was after you !!

Plenty of embassy Smiley

A chase off the polis was exciting - but for real terror a gamekeeper with a shotgun & a couple of dogs would really see you sprout wings to get away  Grin

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #24246 on: April 15, 2014, 07:14:16 PM »

Mr T.

Ahh, thank you hector, that works. In those days, doubt they had Fairy Liquid.

Would have thought it was more to do with gently 'scraping' fish off the bone and that it still gets used now out of tradition

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24247 on: April 15, 2014, 07:15:49 PM »

Plenty of embassy Smiley

Embassy Regal? You flash bugger.

The older I get, the better I was.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24248 on: April 16, 2014, 12:40:53 PM »

Thought this might interest you-

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24249 on: April 16, 2014, 03:00:37 PM »

Thought this might interest you-

Wow!

That's brilliant.

I could never have imagined an engine without inlet or exhaust valves. No cam shaft, no rockers or tappets. Only three spark plugs for 5 cylinders. Amazing.

The best bit is, now that I've seen it, it looks obvious.

Fantastic!

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24250 on: April 17, 2014, 08:33:32 PM »

Lion attack.

Warning! Very graphic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwJ2qCxOHZA

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #24251 on: April 17, 2014, 08:53:56 PM »

amazing(ly cute) picture of tiger cub (one of triplets) born at London Zoo recently and said today to be in 'rude health' to balance horrific scenes of Lion attack.

Click to see full-size image.

Two incredible extremes which makes you think about having animals in captivity. I can never make my mind up whether I think all zoos are terrible or do serve some really useful purpose. I seem to flit between the two thoughts all the time.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #24252 on: April 17, 2014, 08:58:37 PM »

gross. what on earth was he doing in there anyway. didnt seem to bother the little dog wandering around!
all a bit weird.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24253 on: April 18, 2014, 11:36:21 AM »

I've just been watching this blackbird sunbathing.

First he rolled around in the grass, then he unzipped his feathers, (birds do that, feathers work in a hook and eye principle) then he just kicked back and lounged in the sun.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #24254 on: April 18, 2014, 06:09:50 PM »

Lovely. I have been gardening for the last 2 days. About 6 hours each day. A female blackbird was following me around hoping i disturbed a worm or three, which i did. She came within inches of me a few times. Very tame and delightful birds.
Pages: 1 ... 1613 1614 1615 1616 [1617] 1618 1619 1620 1621 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: