blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:27:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1684 1685 1686 1687 [1688] 1689 1690 1691 1692 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3604649 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25305 on: August 29, 2014, 09:37:06 PM »

oh, cant believe you wouldn't think that rear sprocket was anything but fu%"*d !

I don't really know what a good sprocket is supposed to look like.

I think my back wheel is slightly buckled too....

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25306 on: August 29, 2014, 09:38:59 PM »

I fitted a new nut from my private collection, slipped it back on to the axle, and then pushed the axle back through the wheel. I had to get Mrs Red to help at this point because I didn't have enough hands to hold the wheel, the axle and the spacer that goes between the chassis and the hub.

Click to see full-size image.

Either put your toes under the wheel or one of the wedges you use to chock your little van on it's travels and this will make the job easier.

The wedges would give me less lip than Mrs Red does.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25307 on: August 30, 2014, 01:01:25 AM »

Methinks you need to to some more tinkering-

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25308 on: August 30, 2014, 03:25:11 PM »

Discovered this bloke on a TV advert.

What a good turn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screamin%27_Jay_Hawkins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwXai-sgM-s
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 03:26:43 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #25309 on: August 30, 2014, 04:04:16 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orNpH6iyokI

Different take on it   Smiley
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25310 on: August 31, 2014, 08:31:50 PM »

Guess which one of us is 36 today?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25311 on: August 31, 2014, 11:58:07 PM »

And it's 39 years to the day since I met Mrs Red. (She wasn't called Mrs Red back then btw).

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #25312 on: September 01, 2014, 12:00:28 AM »

Guess which one of us is 36 today?

The stache Cheesy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25313 on: September 02, 2014, 07:56:45 AM »

And it's 39 years to the day since I met Mrs Red. (She wasn't called Mrs Red back then btw).

Amazing, congrats on your sort-of-anniversary.

I may add, whilst here, that I was a tad miffed with you last night when you failed to arrive as promised, I had a pot of tea made, biscuits, everything.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25314 on: September 02, 2014, 07:57:40 AM »

I've been following the story of the little boy who's parents were arrested for taking him to Spain.

I can't seem to find any information about what they did wrong or which laws they broke.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25315 on: September 02, 2014, 07:59:35 AM »

Amazing, congrats on your sort-of-anniversary.

I may add, whilst here, that I was a tad miffed with you last night when you failed to arrive as promised, I had a pot of tea made, biscuits, everything.

Sorry, but I got a better offer.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25316 on: September 02, 2014, 08:06:59 AM »

I've been following the story of the little boy who's parents were arrested for taking him to Spain.

I can't seem to find any information about what they did wrong or which laws they broke.

I'm not sure of the legal position Tom, & I don't really care, either - it's THE most ghastly & heart breaking story imaginable.

I understand both sides of it, but really, it could have been handled so much better by the authorities, imo.

The lad is gravely ill & has been taken away from his parents. The lad can't even speak, so we can barely imagine the hell he is enduring. He has a brain tumour, &  will very possibly die quite soon. His parents, under the circumstances, can surely be given a bit of slack during what must be a horrific nightmare for them, watching their son slowly die.

The parents were arrested, spent the night in a cell, & taken to court in handcuffs.

I know they may have gone about things in an unconventional manner, but it's clear they are caring parents, & under dreadful stress right now.

The story could get worse, of course. It would be horribly ironic if the lad took a turn for the worse whilst the parents were locked up, being extradited, or in Court.

Such a horrible, horrible, tale. I was driving for most of yesterday, so I had time to think & reflect, & the story depressed me dreadfully.

Horrible horrible thing all round.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:09:57 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25317 on: September 02, 2014, 08:30:52 AM »

I don't understand both sides of it.

The parents have been arrested, but, as far as I can tell, without any charges being brought. I haven't heard or seen a reference to a crime of any description.

They are now being detained while a judge considers the evidence. Evidence of what? Why couldn't the evidence be considered before they were arrested?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25318 on: September 02, 2014, 08:40:31 AM »

I can't really think of the term I'm thinking of, but endangering their child's life? Hindering his treatment? Also, and I'm guessing here, is there an insurance danger here? With regards to travelling to other countries.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25319 on: September 02, 2014, 08:41:18 AM »

I don't understand both sides of it.

The parents have been arrested, but, as far as I can tell, without any charges being brought. I haven't heard or seen a reference to a crime of any description.

They are now being detained while a judge considers the evidence. Evidence of what? Why couldn't the evidence be considered before they were arrested?

As I understand it, they have been arrested in connection with extradition proceedings. For extradition, charges do NOT need to have been made, only evidence that they COULD be laid, & that good evidence of malpractice exists.

That may all be nonsense, it's what I gathered from the new Media, but it matters not, the lad remains isolated from his parents, unable to speak, &, perhaps, dying.

Its a heart breaking tale. If the parents have acted outside of the law, the matter can be addressed further down the line. Imagine if the lad passes away while Mum & Dad are locked up? Does not bear thinking about. 

Pages: 1 ... 1684 1685 1686 1687 [1688] 1689 1690 1691 1692 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: