blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:00:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1872 1873 1874 1875 [1876] 1877 1878 1879 1880 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3606133 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28125 on: May 25, 2016, 12:57:40 PM »

Mrs Red allows you to go "dahn sarf" all by yourself ?

Does she not worry about the cockney bints succumbing to the charms of an International lover and world wide playboy ?

Lol.

Seriously though, we've never gone in for the 'She allows me to do this and I allow her to do that' malarkey.

We're both grown-ups, we do what we like and we trust each other to do the right thing.

I can't understand why people grow up, learn to stand on their own two feet, fly the nest, and then accept being treated like a child again when they get married.

"Where have you been?" "Do you know what time it is?" "How much did you spend?" "You want to do what?"? etc... That's the sort of thing that kills relationships. (IMHO of course)

Mrs Red and I have been married for 40 years in October, which is not bad for a femme fatale and an international lover/world wide playboy.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28126 on: May 25, 2016, 01:33:09 PM »

Is it me?

I'm trying to research wet (canned) dog food at Costco. I know they sell it, I've seen it but I can't find any info on-line apart from third party analysis sites wit agendas.

I want to know what's currently available, what the ingredients are and what it costs. That's not too much to ask... or is it?

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #28127 on: May 25, 2016, 02:08:11 PM »

They don't list everything they sell on the website, might be because a significant element of their offering is one-off purchases (kayaks, hot tubs, bowler hat with sleeves, that kind of thing) so it's too much of a ball ache to keep it 100% updated.

We go every four weeks or so, happy to check it out next time if you want Tom. They also allow guest visits, in case you're in the area soon.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28128 on: May 25, 2016, 03:13:17 PM »

They don't list everything they sell on the website, might be because a significant element of their offering is one-off purchases (kayaks, hot tubs, bowler hat with sleeves, that kind of thing) so it's too much of a ball ache to keep it 100% updated.

We go every four weeks or so, happy to check it out next time if you want Tom. They also allow guest visits, in case you're in the area soon.

Thanks Mr Long Jeans, but we're going ourselves tomoz. I just wanted to do my reserch first so that I don't have to stand in the aisle reading labels.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #28129 on: May 25, 2016, 05:16:20 PM »

Does she not worry about the cockney bints succumbing to the charms of an International lover and world wide playboy ?

Lol.

Seriously though, we've never gone in for the 'She allows me to do this and I allow her to do that' malarkey.

We're both grown-ups, we do what we like and we trust each other to do the right thing.

I can't understand why people grow up, learn to stand on their own two feet, fly the nest, and then accept being treated like a child again when they get married.

"Where have you been?" "Do you know what time it is?" "How much did you spend?" "You want to do what?"? etc... That's the sort of thing that kills relationships. (IMHO of course)

Mrs Red and I have been married for 40 years in October, which is not bad for a femme fatale and an international lover/world wide playboy.

So true lover boy, I elect to inform, occasionally I'll ask what she thinks but in the end I decide and I know she does the same in terms of what she wants to do

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28130 on: May 25, 2016, 05:53:25 PM »

Lol.

So true lover boy, I elect to inform, occasionally I'll ask what she thinks but in the end I decide and I know she does the same in terms of what she wants to do

"I elect to inform".

What a lovely term of phrase you have Mr H. You're like Tal but with sharper corners.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #28131 on: May 25, 2016, 06:26:59 PM »

Yeah I kinda agree with you fellas. I've been successfully engaged for like 22 years (no need to rush these decisions) and we still roll along like we met yesterday. Think some of our reluctance to get married is expectations changing, becoming complacent in the relationship. However rofl at "I elect to inform" and "We do what we like" attitude from geezer blokes like us in the absence of the other half. Cos any guy in a long-term relationship knows full well that keeping a woman happy is a seriously complex business. It's things you want to do that you know she wont like which is messy. Personally I would like to go to Bangkok for a week with the boys, go nuts, get smashed....so do I just bowl up to the mrs and elect to inform her I'm going? No I do not. I simply erase thoughts of Bangkok from my brain because a swift kick in the bollox is not something I relish.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28132 on: May 25, 2016, 07:05:56 PM »

Yeah I kinda agree with you fellas. I've been successfully engaged for like 22 years (no need to rush these decisions) and we still roll along like we met yesterday. Think some of our reluctance to get married is expectations changing, becoming complacent in the relationship. However rofl at "I elect to inform" and "We do what we like" attitude from geezer blokes like us in the absence of the other half. Cos any guy in a long-term relationship knows full well that keeping a woman happy is a seriously complex business. It's things you want to do that you know she wont like which is messy. Personally I would like to go to Bangkok for a week with the boys, go nuts, get smashed....so do I just bowl up to the mrs and elect to inform her I'm going? No I do not. I simply erase thoughts of Bangkok from my brain because a swift kick in the bollox is not something I relish.

Haha. It doesn't work the way you describe it. If she was dead against me doing something I wouldn't do it, but it's a situation that rarely if ever arises. Mostly we just try to let each other get on with it.

That doesn't mean we have a "you went out last night so I'm going out tonight" or "You spent £500 so I can spend £500" type of relationship.

Most couples I see seem to have "I object to you doing that" as a default setting.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #28133 on: May 25, 2016, 07:15:10 PM »

lol, it's true that "I elect to inform" probably translates to I always let her know what I'm doing and I do it knowing that it will be fine and I'm not even close to getting out of line. Not true of my whole life, regrettably, but certainly true today and for the rest of it.

sola virtus nobilitat
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #28134 on: May 25, 2016, 09:38:23 PM »

lol, it's true that "I elect to inform" probably translates to I always let her know what I'm doing and I do it knowing that it will be fine and I'm not even close to getting out of line. Not true of my whole life, regrettably, but certainly true today and for the rest of it.

Wisdom of the ages in two simple posts. I've been married for just shy of 40yrs and someone asked me recently what our secret was. The response 'I have a very forgiving wife' wasn't quite what they expected. That last sentence really hit the nail on the head for me.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28135 on: May 25, 2016, 09:57:18 PM »

Wisdom of the ages in two simple posts. I've been married for just shy of 40yrs and someone asked me recently what our secret was. The response 'I have a very forgiving wife' wasn't quite what they expected. That last sentence really hit the nail on the head for me.

40 years Dave, where the blazes did it go?

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #28136 on: May 25, 2016, 11:38:08 PM »

40 years Dave, where the blazes did it go?

It's actually three weeks short of 39 years to be honest. I was exaggerating for comic effect.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #28137 on: May 26, 2016, 08:57:44 AM »

Wife just informed me that we have been married 34 years tomorrow

We work together from a office in our home so its pretty 24/7 stuff

What makes it a succeess for me is 

We won't buy each other an anniversary card or present
We don't buy each other a birthday card or present
we don't buy each other a xmas card or present
Don't see the point

Oh and i don't ask  permission to go anywhere or do anything

Simple really 
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #28138 on: May 26, 2016, 09:21:34 AM »

Don't see the point

Simple really 

Who says romance is dead?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28139 on: May 26, 2016, 09:59:56 AM »

Don't see the point

Simple really 

Who says romance is dead?

I lolled.

Pages: 1 ... 1872 1873 1874 1875 [1876] 1877 1878 1879 1880 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: