blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:39:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
nirvana and 7 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1876 1877 1878 1879 [1880] 1881 1882 1883 1884 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587303 times)
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #28185 on: May 28, 2016, 01:02:52 PM »

Outside. Can't give you any logical reason though.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #28186 on: May 28, 2016, 01:17:23 PM »

Outside for me too, it's closer for me and the puppy to grab.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28187 on: May 28, 2016, 01:29:44 PM »

Great lyrics? Don't get me started...

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28188 on: May 28, 2016, 01:38:24 PM »

While we're on the subject of women being illogical, I have one pair of shoes, which I leave in that hall. Mrs Red says they are in the way. Meanwhile, she has 96 pairs of shoes strewn about the bedroom. Apparently, they are not in the way.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28189 on: May 28, 2016, 01:49:12 PM »

Women aren't daft though.

Mrs R and I have a loose arrangement. The first one to wake up make a cup of tea.

The trouble is, Mrs R is always asleep when I wake up, but is miraculously awake when I return with the tea, no matter how quiet I am.

The other night I sneaked a teaspoon and a cup into the bedroom and in the morning I tinkled it gently. She sat bolt upright immediately so I said, "Great, you're awake, make some tea". but she just lay down again and said, "I'm not awake, I'm just turning over".

I've tried out waiting her but I hate being in bed when I'm awake and she can stay there for hours.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #28190 on: May 28, 2016, 01:50:58 PM »

Mrs R and I have a loose arrangement. The first one to wake up make a cup of tea.

The trouble is, Mrs R is always asleep when I wake up, but is miraculously awake when I return with the tea, no matter how quiet I am.

The other night I sneaked a teaspoon and a cup into the bedroom and in the morning I tinkled it gently. She sat bolt upright immediately so I said, "Great, you're awake, make some tea". but she just lay down again and said, "I'm not awake, I'm just turning over".

I've tried out waiting her but I hate being in bed when I'm awake and she can stay there for hours.

Thermos under the bed?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28191 on: May 28, 2016, 01:53:09 PM »

Thermos under the bed?

I wish I liked thermos tea but frankly, it's horrible. The tea stews and the milk goes funny.

Anyway, there's a principle at stake here.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #28192 on: May 28, 2016, 01:55:49 PM »

While we're on the subject of women being illogical, I have one pair of shoes, which I leave in that hall. Mrs Red says they are in the way. Meanwhile, she has 96 pairs of shoes strewn about the bedroom. Apparently, they are not in the way.

This is the story of my entire house.  I often find my only pair of shoes several feet from where I left them.   There are other shoes that have sat where they are for months.   You can pretty much extend this to books, papers, clothes  ...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28193 on: May 28, 2016, 02:04:39 PM »

I'm currently working on a design for a toilet roll holder that pivots through 180 degrees so that the user can have a choice. The trouble with this solution is that I would be expected to leave it in her preferred position after use, a la the loo seat.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #28194 on: May 28, 2016, 02:25:26 PM »

Thermos under the bed?

I wish I liked thermos tea but frankly, it's horrible. The tea stews and the milk goes funny.

Are you able to stay awake for an entire 24hrs and not go to bed one night?

Next day when you wake up you're actually the last one to get up yesterday and Mrs R gets to make the tea forever unless she can also stay awake for 24hrs. Women obviously can't do this so shouldn't be an issue.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28195 on: May 28, 2016, 02:31:51 PM »

Thermos under the bed?

Are you able to stay awake for an entire 24hrs and not go to bed one night?

Next day when you wake up you're actually the last one to get up yesterday and Mrs R gets to make the tea forever unless she can also stay awake for 24hrs. Women obviously can't do this so shouldn't be an issue.

Yes Matt, I see where you are coming from, but the next day when I wake up, she will be 'asleep'.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28196 on: May 28, 2016, 02:36:52 PM »

I wonder if I could make a toilet roll holder that is connected to, and works in conjunction with the loo seat so that when one is in the correct position, the other is too.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28197 on: May 28, 2016, 11:43:10 PM »

I'll tell you what I don't understand. If a couple want to get divorced why is it a palaver? Why can't they just go to a registry office and pay a fee and it's done instantly?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #28198 on: May 29, 2016, 12:26:01 AM »

I'll tell you what I don't understand. If a couple want to get divorced why is it a palaver? Why can't they just go to a registry office and pay a fee and it's done instantly?

It kind of makes sense. Marriage is pretty important so it shouldn't be easy to switch it on and off at will. It would make it all pointless.

What I don't understand is why it's so easy to get married in the first place? It should be a similar palaver to get married then maybe there wouldn't be quite so many in the queue for your 5 minute divorces.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #28199 on: May 29, 2016, 12:32:03 AM »

Help please.

On the face of it, this is a simple question but we have a difference of opinion at Chez Red. (Me V everyone else)

Should the toilet roll hang with the loose end on the inside, near the wall, or on the outside away from the wall?

Answers accompanied by logical reasons appreciated.

Note, to give you an idea of the scope of this argument, "loose end outside makes it easier for a Labrador puppy to grab" has been muted as a logical reason.

When the loo was in the back yard the walls would often be damp through condensation and having the loose end against the wall meant soggy loo paper. Not a good thing.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 ... 1876 1877 1878 1879 [1880] 1881 1882 1883 1884 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: