blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:13:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2057 2058 2059 2060 [2061] 2062 2063 2064 2065 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587811 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30900 on: August 15, 2019, 12:53:27 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30901 on: August 16, 2019, 11:02:13 AM »

Things that broke today.

(well not actually today but this week)

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30902 on: August 16, 2019, 11:16:44 AM »

I enjoy mending things, but I also enjoy moaning about doing it. I suppose it's a bit like poker players and bad beat stories.

Still, I wouldn't dream of boring you to death with the minutiae of my mend and make do existance... Unless of course someone were to choose a specific picture and ask for more information, then it would be my public duty.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30903 on: August 16, 2019, 11:37:41 AM »

How come so many countries have unsuitable, unstable leaders?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-49365771

engy

View Profile
« Reply #30904 on: August 16, 2019, 11:38:04 AM »

The bike?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30905 on: August 16, 2019, 11:49:32 AM »

I enjoy mending things, but I also enjoy moaning about doing it. I suppose it's a bit like poker players and bad beat stories.

Still, I wouldn't dream of boring you to death with the minutiae of my mend and make do existance... Unless of course someone were to choose a specific picture and ask for more information, then it would be my public duty.

The bottom photo please. It's a red something - either a lawn mower or a coffee machine at a guess.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30906 on: August 16, 2019, 12:30:46 PM »

The bike?

Hey Mr Eng.

I salvaged the bike from a skip about 15/16 years ago and rode it regularly for a few years , then, in 2010, on the first father's day after my dad died I decided it would be nice to ride to his grave and put some flowers on. It was a round trip of ~140 miles so along with a couple of mates I went into training, we started off doing about 5 miles and worked our way up.

The fathers day ride became a regular thing for the next five or six years.

After that I sort of became attached to the bike, even to the extent of refusing the offer of a much better model that someone was getting rid of. I didn't ride it much any more, but I wouldn't part with it.

Moving on...

For the last couple of years I've been jogging a couple of miles about 3 times a week, nothing earth-shattering, just a steady plod really, but it's been good for me and I sort of look forward to it in a masochistic kind of way.

Then, about two months ago I developed a foot ligament problem called plantar fasciitis which stopped me from jogging. I'd had it before and it eventually went away but it took well over a year.

I didn't want to give up my little exercise regime so I got the bike out again.

After a couple of months of use, the chain started jumping off the sprockets. (Not a pleasant experience when you're going up hill and standing on the pedal)

I have to hold my hands up here, I've been riding this bike for almost two decades and all I've done transmission-wise is add a spot of oil now and then.

When I had a proper look, everything was absolutely shot. It's a miracle it worked for as long as it did.

So I treated it to a brand, new chain and a set of sprockets back and front. (£70, I couldn't get my breath)

I'm expecting at least another 20 years out of it now.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 12:33:55 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #30907 on: August 16, 2019, 12:34:28 PM »

I'd like to see just how much gun gum and baked bean cans the exhaust would take.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30908 on: August 16, 2019, 12:37:23 PM »

The bottom photo please. It's a red something - either a lawn mower or a coffee machine at a guess.

It's a lawnmower. It's nothing but trouble and I hold you entirely responsible.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30909 on: August 16, 2019, 12:43:13 PM »

You should never have got rid of Old Faithful.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30910 on: August 16, 2019, 12:47:13 PM »

I'd like to see just how much gun gum and baked bean cans the exhaust would take.

Alas those days are gone Mr L.

I remember with fondness the time when exhaust systems were substantial enough to withstand the ministrations of a welder, unfortunately today's offerings are about a tough as wet tissue paper.

I'm just thankful that mine doesn't have a cat, and if it wasn't illegal I would remove the particulate filter and have the system re mapped. cough.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30911 on: August 16, 2019, 12:52:56 PM »

So you admit it?

This is Old Faithful Mark ll. Apart from being red it is identical to Old Faithful Mark l and it is just as cantankerous and unreliable.

I only bought it because your endless nagging guilt-tripped me into it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30912 on: August 16, 2019, 01:02:06 PM »

So you admit it?

This is Old Faithful Mark ll. Apart from being red it is identical to Old Faithful Mark l and it is just as cantankerous and unreliable.

Give my regards to the moles.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30913 on: August 16, 2019, 01:10:32 PM »

Alas those days are gone Mr L.

I remember with fondness the time when exhaust systems were substantial enough to withstand the ministrations of a welder, unfortunately today's offerings are about a tough as wet tissue paper.

I'm just thankful that mine doesn't have a cat, and if it wasn't illegal I would remove the particulate filter and have the system re mapped. cough.

I'm sure someone with a better memory than I have will correct me, but not sure that we've ever seen the word ministrations previously used here in what is now blonde's 16th year. If we have, I've forgotten it. To be fair, I don't read some threads. (Official Movie & TV Show threads for example).

You get a Bonus Point for that.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30914 on: August 16, 2019, 01:11:35 PM »

So you admit it?

Give my regards to the moles.

Because of you the moles now think I am a soft touch. Gangs of them stroll around my lawn in broad daylight shaking piles of soil from their trouser legs.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 01:15:32 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 2057 2058 2059 2060 [2061] 2062 2063 2064 2065 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: