blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:55:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272594 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2126 2127 2128 2129 [2130] 2131 2132 2133 2134 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3606607 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31935 on: November 18, 2019, 10:06:04 AM »

Do you ever feel like you've spent big chunks of your life waiting for the next stage?

I do.

Well perhaps not exactly waiting for the next stage, but a feeling of, "I just need to get X sorted and then I'm free to do Y.

The trouble being, there is always another X and I'm not sure what Y is.

Does that make any sense at all?

The older I get, the better I was.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #31936 on: November 18, 2019, 12:28:38 PM »

Do you ever feel like you've spent big chunks of your life waiting for the next stage?

I do.

Well perhaps not exactly waiting for the next stage, but a feeling of, "I just need to get X sorted and then I'm free to do Y.

It makes a lot of sense if you accept that in this instance, Y = X where X has no specific value.
It’s New Math

https://youtu.be/W6OaYPVueW4

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #31937 on: November 19, 2019, 09:17:03 AM »

I do.

A common (related) problem is the XY Problem where you ask about your attempted solution to a problem, instead of asking how to solve your actual problem. (Asking about X, when you should really ask about Y)

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #31938 on: November 19, 2019, 10:36:18 AM »

I do.

A common (related) problem is the XY Problem where you ask about your attempted solution to a problem, instead of asking how to solve your actual problem. (Asking about X, when you should really ask about Y)

As a salesman I came up against this a lot. Part of my process was to take the client through the steps of describing and defining Y and then showing him that Z was the best solution. Unless I only had Xs to sell obviously.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31939 on: November 19, 2019, 11:52:51 AM »

I do.

As a salesman I came up against this a lot. Part of my process was to take the client through the steps of describing and defining Y and then showing him that Z was the best solution. Unless I only had Xs to sell obviously.

I just wanted someone to say "Oh yeah, me too, I know that feeling" etc.

Now my head hurts.

You were a salesman eh Dave? What did you sell?

Any more pics of the camper? Have you done much since the previous ones?

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #31940 on: November 19, 2019, 12:24:03 PM »

I do.

Now my head hurts.

For most of my career I sold finance solutions to companies. Hire Purchase, Leasing etc for anything from photocopiers to 6 colour printing presses, cars to multi-wheel low loaders, excavators, mining gear, I even financed £100,000 worth of beer kegs once.

The pics I posted earlier were from Feb 2017. A lot has been done since then, it will never be finished, but it is fully functional and I got DVLA to agree that it is a Motor Caravan well before they got arsey about stuff earlier this year.

We added a bit of extra sleeping space...

I say we, but this was one job I knew I had to pay for.

The floor had to be ripped out and replaced, horse pee is horrible stuff.

Then we added some windows. Seitz are so expensive and look so wrong in a body like ours so I bought these wooden frames in kit form and got toughened glass sealed units, which all came in for less than one seitz.

Insulated it

and lined it out with OSB

Will post more when I can. Feel free to comment on what an outstanding job I did Smiley

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31941 on: November 19, 2019, 12:38:11 PM »

I do.

Now my head hurts.

For most of my career I sold finance solutions to companies. Hire Purchase, Leasing etc for anything from photocopiers to 6 colour printing presses, cars to multi-wheel low loaders, excavators, mining gear, I even financed £100,000 worth of beer kegs once.

The pics I posted earlier were from Feb 2017. A lot has been done since then, it will never be finished, but it is fully functional and I got DVLA to agree that it is a Motor Caravan well before they got arsey about stuff earlier this year.

Then we added some windows. Seitz are so expensive and look so wrong in a body like ours so I bought these wooden frames in kit form and got toughened glass sealed units, which all came in for less than one seitz.

Insulated it

Will post more when I can. Feel free to comment on what an outstanding job I did Smiley

That looks like an excellent job to me Dave. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing more detail.

I like the "it will never be finished" comment. Ongoing projects are great, people tend to take their time rather than rush to get it done.

Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #31942 on: November 19, 2019, 01:17:27 PM »

I do.

Now my head hurts.

Insulated it

That looks like an excellent job to me Dave. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing more detail.

I like the "it will never be finished" comment. Ongoing projects are great, people tend to take their time rather than rush to get it done.

Sometimes the journey is more important than the destination.

Nailed it.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31943 on: November 19, 2019, 02:40:51 PM »

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31944 on: November 20, 2019, 06:20:25 PM »

Will he still get paid?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50496539

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #31945 on: November 20, 2019, 07:26:40 PM »

Are alloy wheels worth anything as scrap Red? I've ended up with two buckled wheels,  one 18" one 17", both BMW originals if it makes a difference. If not I'll add them to the next trip to the tip pile.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #31946 on: November 20, 2019, 07:45:11 PM »

I saw an American red-top's witty headline immediately post-interview - "His Royal Dryness"

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31947 on: November 20, 2019, 08:12:28 PM »

Are alloy wheels worth anything as scrap Red? I've ended up with two buckled wheels,  one 18" one 17", both BMW originals if it makes a difference. If not I'll add them to the next trip to the tip pile.

Perhaps £4 or £5 each so unless you have some other stuff to accompany them it won't be worth your while taking them.

Just take the to the tip and make sure one of the employees sees you unloading them for brownie point value or leave them outside your gate overnight if you can't be arsed.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #31948 on: November 20, 2019, 08:24:42 PM »

Thanks Red.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #31949 on: November 20, 2019, 10:51:45 PM »

How about Lead Acid batteries? I have 6 or 7 currently. {insert punchline here}

Pages: 1 ... 2126 2127 2128 2129 [2130] 2131 2132 2133 2134 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: