blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:06:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2153 2154 2155 2156 [2157] 2158 2159 2160 2161 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587205 times)
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #32340 on: January 10, 2020, 10:03:09 AM »

Currently looking at DIY Bangkok - Finding somewhere nice to use as a base and spending 7/8 days exploring, then maybe a river cruise. (Did one before on the Nile and loved it) Mekong river looks good, would mean flying into Siem Reap and then either home or back to Bangkok from Ho Chi Minh City.

Tom are you passing through Siem Reap or stopping off for a few days? I suggest you stop and do a guided tour of the Angkor Wat, it's incredible. Siem Reap incidentally translates to defeat Siam.

Yes Kev.

Rough plan is to fly into Bangkok, book an inexpensive hotel with a pool to use as a base while we spend about 5/6 days exploring, then fly to Seam Reep for the Angkor Wat tour and then on a river boat for 10 days finishing in Ho Chi Minh City with an excursion per day built in. Then a couple of days in HCMC, fly back to Bangkok and home from there.

Only about 18 passengers on the boat so should be quite nice. Apparently the cabins are a bit small but obv that wont bother us and I hear the food is fantastic.
Haven't got it all sussed yet though so not counting my chickens.

Sounds awesome Tom. Will one of your stops be Phnom Penh ? S21 in the city and the killing fields about 18 miles out, harrowing but a must if you have the time. Hard to think these atrocities happened in our lifetime.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32341 on: January 10, 2020, 11:39:05 AM »

Currently looking at DIY Bangkok - Finding somewhere nice to use as a base and spending 7/8 days exploring, then maybe a river cruise. (Did one before on the Nile and loved it) Mekong river looks good, would mean flying into Siem Reap and then either home or back to Bangkok from Ho Chi Minh City.

Tom are you passing through Siem Reap or stopping off for a few days? I suggest you stop and do a guided tour of the Angkor Wat, it's incredible. Siem Reap incidentally translates to defeat Siam.

Yes Kev.

Rough plan is to fly into Bangkok, book an inexpensive hotel with a pool to use as a base while we spend about 5/6 days exploring, then fly to Seam Reep for the Angkor Wat tour and then on a river boat for 10 days finishing in Ho Chi Minh City with an excursion per day built in. Then a couple of days in HCMC, fly back to Bangkok and home from there.

Only about 18 passengers on the boat so should be quite nice. Apparently the cabins are a bit small but obv that wont bother us and I hear the food is fantastic.

Sounds awesome Tom. Will one of your stops be Phnom Penh ? S21 in the city and the killing fields about 18 miles out, harrowing but a must if you have the time. Hard to think these atrocities happened in our lifetime.

Yes, I think we have 2 days in Phnom Penh if all goes well.

The older I get, the better I was.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32342 on: January 10, 2020, 12:19:48 PM »

The first series of Travels With My Father on Netflix might be of interest to you, Tom, as it includes a few of these countries, including Cambodia.

It's a funny watch anyway, assuming you don't mind Jack Whitehall, but it might provide some insight for your trip.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32343 on: January 10, 2020, 12:44:22 PM »

The first series of Travels With My Father on Netflix might be of interest to you, Tom, as it includes a few of these countries, including Cambodia.

It's a funny watch anyway, assuming you don't mind Jack Whitehall, but it might provide some insight for your trip.

Cheers Curtis.

I can live with Jack Whitehall. (Not literally obv)

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #32344 on: January 10, 2020, 04:43:27 PM »

Cheers Curtis.

I can live with Jack Whitehall. (Not literally obv)

His Dad is the real star of the series, along with Winston.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #32345 on: January 10, 2020, 06:52:23 PM »

Yes Kev.

This boat trip sounds just right.   I went through the Mekong Delta by bus, and did a boat trip there.  A boat trip the whole way sounds great, and I wouldn't fancy some big boat as you wouldn't get close to stuff.   I have never been to Ankor Wat, but if I had a bucket list, it would be there.  Shame you can't go all the way from Laos, but I read the river goes North from there, so.ig just isn't possible.  Maybe it needs two trips.

The whole trip sounds good, just try and avoid the really wet season in Bangkok, as the flooding can get really bad.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32346 on: January 10, 2020, 06:55:01 PM »

Yes Kev.

This boat trip sounds just right.   I went through the Mekong Delta by bus, and did a boat trip there.  A boat trip the whole way sounds great, and I wouldn't fancy some big boat as you wouldn't get close to stuff.   I have never been to Ankor Wat, but if I had a bucket list, it would be there.  Shame you can't go all the way from Laos, but I read the river goes North from there, so.ig just isn't possible.  Maybe it needs two trips.

The whole trip sounds good, just try and avoid the really wet season in Bangkok, as the flooding can get really bad.

Thanks Doobs. If we do go it's likely to be in March.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32347 on: January 10, 2020, 08:19:03 PM »

Yes Kev.

Thanks Doobs. If we do go it's likely to be in March.

Beware the Ides.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32348 on: January 10, 2020, 08:29:28 PM »

Beware the Ides.

Et to Boote?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32349 on: January 10, 2020, 09:44:49 PM »

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32350 on: January 10, 2020, 10:10:58 PM »

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32351 on: January 10, 2020, 10:40:23 PM »

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32352 on: January 10, 2020, 10:54:24 PM »

Fair play David, it was excellent.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32353 on: January 11, 2020, 12:42:11 AM »

^^^^

See the "Things that piss you off" Thread to make sense of the last 4 Posts.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32354 on: January 11, 2020, 06:47:29 AM »

Sigh...

It's a good job I'm not in charge of anything important.

Pages: 1 ... 2153 2154 2155 2156 [2157] 2158 2159 2160 2161 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: