blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:37:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2195 2196 2197 2198 [2199] 2200 2201 2202 2203 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587791 times)
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #32970 on: February 02, 2021, 12:40:07 PM »

All well here Tom, thanks.

Lockdown doesn’t effect me much, since retiring and moving more rural my days consist mostly of walking and exercising a very demanding Border Collie

Due to our location we have all the space and choice of routes we need although we do miss our trips up the hills as that would entail a drive up to the Pentlands risking the wrath of the Edinburgh polis who are more visual than they ever were.

QuIte annoying that someone reporting their neighbour for COVID infractions will get a quicker response than someone reporting a burglary as a friend recently found out.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32971 on: February 03, 2021, 09:09:09 AM »

Yesterday was quite sunny with a nice gentle breeze and I said, "What a beautiful drying day".

I need some male comany.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32972 on: February 03, 2021, 09:26:11 AM »

Also, my brain is exhausted.

During lockdown I seem to be perpetually connected to something that bombards me with information. The telly is always on, usually a news or documentary channel, and if not that it's something fascinating on the radio. I'm always checking my phone, emails, WhatsApps, laptop, Google, Wikipedia. I have some wireless headphones so when I go out on my bike I can listen to a podcast....

I'm over stimulated. I need to veg out.

I need to stare vacantly into space, mouth open, drooling a little while absent-mindedly scratching my knackers.

Ah... Where has that sweet boy gone?

Covid has a lot to answer for.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #32973 on: February 03, 2021, 10:06:51 AM »

t's crazy Tom, before this last year i was out and about working, back and forwards to Germany on a weekly basis, at least 3 in every 5 weeks. If in the UK i'd be working in Derby, Washington, Bristol plus a few other locations. I was due to go and work in Hungary, flights booked etc. then Covid struck followed by lock down. Since then i've been working from home and luckily as busy as ever but it's driving me mad.

The strange thing is that on Monday i had to go to Derby for a briefing but it felt so weird. Not scary, just not normal. It got me thinking about how we should be as free beings but the simple things like shaking someone's hand, watching the formation of words from someone's lips, the smile on their faces, all but gone.

Sorry for the depressing turn Smiley

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32974 on: February 03, 2021, 10:13:00 AM »

I find it difficult to hear what people are saying because I can't see their mouth.

I can't start conversations with a smile so people are often defensive.

From the nose up I look like an axe murderer.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32975 on: February 03, 2021, 10:16:09 AM »

I took Mrs Red to the dentist in the car the other day and it was like an adventure.

PS- The dentist wasn't actually in the car.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #32976 on: February 03, 2021, 12:23:32 PM »

During lockdown I seem to be perpetually connected to something that bombards me with information. The telly is always on, usually a news or documentary channel, and if not that it's something fascinating on the radio. I'm always checking my phone, emails, WhatsApps, laptop, Google, Wikipedia. I have some wireless headphones so when I go out on my bike I can listen to a podcast....

I need to stare vacantly into space, mouth open, drooling a little while absent-mindedly scratching my knackers.

Totally get the background impact this has. Im not depressed in any clinical sense of the word but im way off my gamenfor want of a better expression.

Worse part for me is how many things i miss that i never did anyway.

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32977 on: February 03, 2021, 12:28:01 PM »

Totally get the background impact this has. Im not depressed in any clinical sense of the word but im way off my gamenfor want of a better expression.

That's it precisely Glen. I would probably never have bought you dinner but now I'm pissed off because I can't.

Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32978 on: February 03, 2021, 12:42:46 PM »

Yesterday was quite sunny with a nice gentle breeze and I said, "What a beautiful drying day".

I need some male comany.

Well, there's nothing macho about having dirty clothes I suppose.

You make a good point about the internet. Too much of it isn't good for you.  Regardless, very much enjoying your musings on here.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32979 on: February 03, 2021, 12:47:11 PM »

I need some male comany.

Well, there's nothing macho about having dirty clothes I suppose.

You make a good point about the internet. Too much of it isn't good for you.  Regardless, very much enjoying your musings on here.

Skippy!

Every time you pop up I think of little Johnny down that well.

How is lockdown affecting your life and what do you miss most?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32980 on: February 03, 2021, 12:58:15 PM »

I was looking at the documentary section of a TV app and there was a choice of 647 documentaries. I couldn't choose one.

When I was young we used to turn the telly on and watch whatever was on, one programme after another. Very rarely did we actually change channels, especially since you had to get up and walk to the telly to do it and there was only one other channel anyway.

If you went to the pictures you would often walk in half way through, watch the end and then watch the start of the second showing walking out at the point you came in.

Also, the film only changed once a week so if you liked it and you could afford it you went and saw it again.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32981 on: February 03, 2021, 01:54:13 PM »

I saw a fallen tree with moss that was almost luminous today.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32982 on: February 03, 2021, 04:58:10 PM »

I've just been watching a news item about a car crash victim who had a hands and face transplant. Part of the story warned that he would need anti-rejection drugs for the rest of his life.

Now I know that the human body constantly renews it's cells, so why wouldn't the spare parts eventually become his?

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #32983 on: February 03, 2021, 06:56:08 PM »

That's it precisely Glen. I would probably never have bought you dinner but now I'm pissed off because I can't.

Haha, will try to remind you of this at a better time

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #32984 on: February 04, 2021, 09:28:33 AM »

Are you still running Tom.  Just worked out I haven't been running for 7 weeks.  The country park where I normally run has been flooded on and off since Christmas, but that is likely just an excuse.
I have still been getting out on the bike, but even that has been limited at times by the floods.   

I have definitely slowed down too much over lockdown and need to start getting out and getting more stuff done.  The kids are still getting looked after, but things beyond that have definitely suffered a bit the last few weeeks. 

Right going for a run in a bit.  Reduced circuit given I don't have a kayak.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 2195 2196 2197 2198 [2199] 2200 2201 2202 2203 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: