blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:37:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2212 2213 2214 2215 [2216] 2217 2218 2219 2220 ... 2342 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3606535 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33225 on: February 15, 2021, 12:32:05 PM »

Dear diary,

Today I will be mostly shaving my head.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33226 on: February 15, 2021, 12:49:51 PM »

Is it a sugar sandwich?

Correct.

Ever had one and if so have you ever make your own?

The danger with kids making their own sugar butties they use too much sugar and they are prone to getting it into the butter. (A dead give away if you wanted to deny all knowledge).

As a young kid, when left indoors alone I made many a sugar sandwich, as unlike, say, biscuits, nobody would notice a bit of missing sugar. The problem, as you say, was tell-tale granules of sugar in the butter, which was impossible to explain away. I tried though, but never successfully.

My naivete as a child was astonishing. I recall going into our little toilet & smoking a cigarette thinking nobody would ever know. I sure got away with that.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 01:18:06 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #33227 on: February 15, 2021, 12:56:15 PM »

never had a sugar sandwich; am I missing much? 

We had plenty of banana sandwiches when I was younger, but have never felt the need to revisit as an adult.

We do have eggy bread fairly often though. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #33228 on: February 15, 2021, 01:05:25 PM »

May naivete as a child was astonishing. I recall going into our little toilet & smoking a cigarette thinking nobody would ever know. I sure got away with that.

you should have stuck your head out of the window, you mug.

(I sure got away with that)
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33229 on: February 15, 2021, 01:12:06 PM »

never had a sugar sandwich; am I missing much?  

We had plenty of banana sandwiches when I was younger, but have never felt the need to revisit as an adult.

We do have eggy bread fairly often though.  

I have to occasional banana sandwich but Mrs Red has one at least twice a week.

Sugar sandwiches were the nuts for a boy with a sweet tooth, an insatiable appetite and limited access to sweets.

It's the fat and sugar mix that's irresistible, apparently were hard-wired to crave it. (I'm sure there was a study done about the addictive qualities of eating fat and sugar together, perhaps Science Wife can confirm?)

If you haven't had one you need one round of white sliced bread thickly spread with proper butter, scatter on a good heaped teaspoon of sugar making sure to get all the way to the edges and top with another white slice, this time a dry one.

Cutting is optional, not cutting makes less mess.

Be prepared for a gritty texture, a la beach sarnies.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33230 on: February 15, 2021, 01:22:41 PM »

thickly spread with proper butter

In those days there was no such thing as "proper butter". There was Marg, or there was "best butter". (Usually Anchor or Summer County).

Margarine brands were Stork, Echo & Blue Band. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33231 on: February 15, 2021, 01:26:20 PM »

I chanced upon a website called "Do You Remember?", mainly reminiscing about the 70's, 80's & 90's.

If Tom goes there we'll never see him again.

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33232 on: February 15, 2021, 01:30:08 PM »

Is it a sugar sandwich?

Correct.

The danger with kids making their own sugar butties they use too much sugar and they are prone to getting it into the butter. (A dead give away if you wanted to deny all knowledge).

As a young kid, when left indoors alone I made many a sugar sandwich, as unlike, say, biscuits, nobody would notice a bit of missing sugar. The problem, as you say, was tell-tale granules of sugar in the butter, which was impossible to explain away. I tried though, but never successfully.

My naivete as a child was astonishing. I recall going into our little toilet & smoking a cigarette thinking nobody would ever know. I sure got away with that.

When you're a kid consequences are not what you think about before the deed.

Once, when I was about 6 we were stopping at our then regular winter quarters in a small yard next to the railway embankment at Ollerton.

We had access to a small shed which my dad used as a workshop come garage. At one end of the shed was a bench with a big vice.

One day while out playing I came across what appeared to be a large dog turd so naturally I went and found a brick to throw at it.

The brick was duly thrown but amazingly had no effect of the turd, so I went to find a stick.

Beating the turd with a stick was equally ineffective, so I manned up and did what had to be done, I jumped on it.

This was obviously some kind of super turd put there just to test me, well cometh the hour, cometh the man, I picked the turd up with an old Fab wrapper and conveyed it to the vice.

The vice squashed the turd with consummate ease, flattening the whole thing to about the width of a penny. I wagged my finger at it before turning away and striding off in triumph.

The next day I heard my dad's angry voice shouting, "Who's squashed a turd in the vice?"

Only then did I begin to think about consequences.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #33233 on: February 15, 2021, 02:03:24 PM »

Is it a sugar sandwich?

Correct.

When you're a kid consequences are not what you think about before the deed.

Once, when I was about 6 we were stopping at our then regular winter quarters in a small yard next to the railway embankment at Ollerton.

We had access to a small shed which my dad used as a workshop come garage. At one end of the shed was a bench with a big vice.

One day while out playing I came across what appeared to be a large dog turd so naturally I went and found a brick to throw at it.

The brick was duly thrown but amazingly had no effect of the turd, so I went to find a stick.

Beating the turd with a stick was equally ineffective, so I manned up and did what had to be done, I jumped on it.

This was obviously some kind of super turd put there just to test me, well cometh the hour, cometh the man, I picked the turd up with an old Fab wrapper and conveyed it to the vice.

The vice squashed the turd with consummate ease, flattening the whole thing to about the width of a penny. I wagged my finger at it before turning away and striding off in triumph.

The next day I heard my dad's angry voice shouting, "Who's squashed a turd in the vice?"

Only then did I begin to think about consequences.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33234 on: February 16, 2021, 08:39:22 AM »

Don't mind sugar sandwiches but prefer toast with soft brown sugar on it.Or salt.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33235 on: February 16, 2021, 10:29:16 AM »

Don't mind sugar sandwiches but prefer toast with soft brown sugar on it.Or salt.

I always have a scatter of salt on buttered toast. Delicious.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33236 on: February 16, 2021, 10:41:52 AM »

My post box is at the end of the lane. Every day it has junk mail in it and three times in the last fortnight there has been a survey questionnaire with 100s of nosey questions, it weighs about 2lb. 

It even chides me for not completing previous ones and advises me, "You could be eligible for a £5 voucher".

My question is, once junk mail has been put into my letterbox, does it then become my responsibility to carry home and store and dispose of?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33237 on: February 16, 2021, 10:45:03 AM »

I've two minds to write them a letter on some broken paving slabs and tip it on to their drive.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33238 on: February 16, 2021, 11:13:57 AM »

I've coped with lockdown well until now but today I feel like Ives.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #33239 on: February 16, 2021, 03:48:22 PM »

Every year at a poker fest somewhere often at Malta 🇲🇹
I meet a friend from Merthyr,  matt aka Rippett on Ladbrokes we drink hug chat n swear undying love for each other ,promise to visit each other
Then part ways till next year
He was telling me about his ferrets one year 2-3 trips ago ,with the aid of a video
I got home announced to Denise “ we’re getting a ferret or two “
Dream on paddy was her reply they stink ,she was right ,and they can be vicious little buggers too ,memories of getting bit by another friendsferret  when I was a kid
Made me rethink
The idea never went any further
Until xmas 2 years ago
She had found a cuddly toy type of ferret that now perches on the cat scratcher in the hall way !
Pages: 1 ... 2212 2213 2214 2215 [2216] 2217 2218 2219 2220 ... 2342 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: