blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:37:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2287 2288 2289 2290 [2291] 2292 2293 2294 2295 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3587166 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34350 on: April 12, 2022, 05:21:07 PM »

I went to the New Forrest on Sunday for the first time, although i knew about the wild horses I was quite surprised to see any. To be honest the didn't look very wild just mildly pissed off that i was there.

They are wild, they're just used to seeing people Andy. A bit like the lions in Kenya or the pigeons in... everywhere.

I bet you can't get hold of one.

When my bro and I were 10 and 12 we came up with a plan to catch a wild horse. He lured it under a tree with a trail of bread and I slipped gently from the branch where I was hiding onto its back.

The thing was it heard me coming and moved out of the way like lightning so I didn't actually land on its back, l landed on my arse on the ground and was very lucky not to be beheaded by the hoof that flashed past my ear-hole as the horse lashed out.

Moral of the story, approach all horses, wild or otherwise, boldly and openly. If you behave like a predator, they will behave like prey.

The older I get, the better I was.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34351 on: April 12, 2022, 06:04:11 PM »

Lions don't bother about people in cars, as they have no instinctive response to something that has only existed for decades, but they do react to humans on foot and will generally run away in daytime, but view them as prey at night.  Here's a safari guide demonstrating the daytime reaction:

https://www.earthtouchnews.com/in-the-field/in-the-field/watch-safari-guide-almost-walks-straight-into-a-pride-of-lions/
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #34352 on: April 12, 2022, 06:06:30 PM »

I went to the New Forrest on Sunday for the first time, although i knew about the wild horses I was quite surprised to see any. To be honest the didn't look very wild just mildly pissed off that i was there.

Not really 'wild' in the forest, just been there long before the tourists. Very used to people.
Same for all the shaggy bulls roaming Brockenhurst.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34353 on: April 12, 2022, 08:35:32 PM »

Look at this prize-winning wild mustang pic. What a fabulous shot.

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34354 on: April 12, 2022, 09:12:00 PM »

I just stumbled across this poem, as I do every now and then.

My dad used to recite it and I tear up whenever I read it. I don't think I could read it out loud for a million pounds.

Tim, An Irish Terrier.

It's wonderful dogs they're breeding now:
Small as a flea or large as a cow;
But my old lad Tim he'll never be bet
By any dog that he  ever met,
Come on 'says he'for I'm not kilt yet!

No matter the size of the dog he'll meet,
Tim trails his coat the length o'the street.
D'ye mind his scar an'his ragged ear,
The like of a Dublin Fusilier?
He's a massacree dog that knows no fear.

But he'd stick to me till his lastest breath;
An'he'd go with me to the gates of death.
He'd wait a thousand years,maybe,
Scratching the door an'whining for me
If myself were inside in Purgatory.

So I laugh when I hear them make it plain
That dogs and men never meet again.
For all their talk who'd listen to them
With the soul in the shining eyes of him?
Would God be wasting a dog like Tim?

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #34355 on: April 14, 2022, 09:23:03 AM »

They are wild, they're just used to seeing people Andy. A bit like the lions in Kenya or the pigeons in... everywhere.

When my bro and I were 10 and 12 we came up with a plan to catch a wild horse. He lured it under a tree with a trail of bread and I slipped gently from the branch where I was hiding onto its back.

The thing was it heard me coming and moved out of the way like lightning so I didn't actually land on its back, l landed on my arse on the ground and was very lucky not to be beheaded by the hoof that flashed past my ear-hole as the horse lashed out.

Moral of the story, approach all horses, wild or otherwise, boldly and openly. If you behave like a predator, they will behave like prey.

Ha ha, do you think you could have tamed it if you managed to capture it?

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34356 on: April 14, 2022, 09:32:53 AM »

It was just one of the many occasions when we tried to kill ourselves and failed.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #34357 on: April 14, 2022, 09:48:42 AM »

It was just one of the many occasions when we tried to kill ourselves and failed.

and that's exactly what's wrong with the world today, the youth of today are to wrapped up in cotton wool getting offended by everything instead of living and learning.

Ah! The element of surprise
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34358 on: April 19, 2022, 06:45:19 AM »

Mrs Red says I have two faults.
I don't listen, and something else.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34359 on: April 20, 2022, 05:04:22 PM »

I'm in bed with the flue.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34360 on: April 20, 2022, 06:39:15 PM »

Groan

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34361 on: April 23, 2022, 02:55:21 PM »

Apparently hi viz on a 10ft wide public footpath in broad daylight is de rigueur.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34362 on: April 23, 2022, 07:06:55 PM »

Apparently hi viz on a 10ft wide public footpath in broad daylight is de rigueur.

Near me there is a special needs centre, and they kit the kids out in high vis to go round the country park.   It is clearly a pretty safe place to be (barring the murder), but sure you can let them wander a lot further through the trees if they are wearing high vis?   Presumably they don't really need high vis here, but it is safer if they do.   Better than letting them out in camo gear anyway.

FWIW Pretty easy to lose sight of my kids from experience.
 Fortunately they have always made it back so far.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34363 on: April 27, 2022, 04:57:01 PM »

I thought this was interesting.

https://www.onlinebetting.org.uk/betting-guides/private-bets.html

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34364 on: April 27, 2022, 07:47:18 PM »

Professor X: What is your super power?

Me: Hindsight.

Professor X: That's not going to help us.

Me: I see that now.

Pages: 1 ... 2287 2288 2289 2290 [2291] 2292 2293 2294 2295 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: