blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:59:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 2299 2300 2301 2302 [2303] 2304 2305 2306 2307 ... 2340 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3600728 times)
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34530 on: August 04, 2022, 11:25:11 AM »

Looks like my golf practice the other day was worth it
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34531 on: August 04, 2022, 02:20:25 PM »

Very impressive.

Details of the app please Dave.

My golfing adventure started a few weeks ago. You know when you try something for the first time and everything  just sort of clicks into place and it just feels right? It wasn't like that.

The good thing is I don't have to decide between PGA & LIV.

The older I get, the better I was.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34532 on: August 04, 2022, 03:15:04 PM »

https://www.trackman.com/

The golf range has to be enabled with sensors (unless you want to spend thousands to set it up anywhere on your own).  My goal is to get the same ball speed as an average lady professional and I'm about 5mph short at the moment. (go ahead and pysl)

https://golf.com/instruction/driving/this-is-how-far-pga-and-lpga-tour-players-hit-it-with-every-club/
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34533 on: August 04, 2022, 03:58:47 PM »

https://www.trackman.com/

The golf range has to be enabled with sensors (unless you want to spend thousands to set it up anywhere on your own).  My goal is to get the same ball speed as an average lady professional and I'm about 5mph short at the moment. (go ahead and pysl)

https://golf.com/instruction/driving/this-is-how-far-pga-and-lpga-tour-players-hit-it-with-every-club/

Do they have stats for the average 10 year old who has been playing golf for a couple of months?  Asking for a friend.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34534 on: August 04, 2022, 04:42:59 PM »

Back in the day when clubheads were the size of a gentleman's tobacco pipe bowl, youngsters were taught to swing slowly to ensure a centre of the club hit. Nowadays I think they are taught to hit as hard as the can and keep doing that until the ball goes in the desired direction.  The ball speed thing on the app is just a measure of improvement, so the 10yo would note the ball speed with various clubs and see how much more speed they were getting as their technique and strength increases.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #34535 on: August 04, 2022, 05:48:17 PM »

Just checking one of them with the url link taken out

The url was just directly the website - that's why that's all it did

It doesn't link to anything without that - is it visible?
(that's a check to see if your settings were blocking displaying it because it thought the link was dodgy)

Thanks John, will try next time there are some pics I want to see but can't. I see everyone else's photos so I quite like just cursing Tom for the way he posts them here

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #34536 on: August 04, 2022, 06:10:46 PM »

Didn't realize men's handicaps went above 18 Wink

My dear departed old mate singer/songwriter John Martyn's real name was pronounced(by him) "McGekky" - any relation?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34537 on: August 04, 2022, 07:11:00 PM »

Not that I know, Ralph.  If his ancestors were miners there's a fair chance he's a distant relative, as that's all I could see from when records began on the paternal grandfather's line. 

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34538 on: August 04, 2022, 08:13:36 PM »

That family line was from 1820

miner
miner
miner
miner
miner -> pools win -> newsagent
                                university lecturer
                                doctor, teacher, me (pensions bod)

Which says a lot about the opportunities that must have been missed by many due to a lack of education.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34539 on: August 05, 2022, 10:41:03 AM »

signs of getting old example 2,593

Go downstairs to get a drink
Notice pile of recycling that needs taking out
Take recycling out
Notice the big pile of dead leaves by back door is getting worse, so am just going to bring some in on my shoes (again)
Get brush to quickly sweep up some of the leaves
Dust and crap blows everywhere, including through the back door I left open
Vaccuum up all the leaves and crap from the utility room.
Go back upstairs and sit down.
Realise I didn't get a drink

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34540 on: August 05, 2022, 11:25:30 AM »

Haha. I love these^^^^

Perhaps we might get some more examples.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #34541 on: August 05, 2022, 11:28:32 AM »

That family line was from 1820

miner
miner
miner
miner
miner -> pools win -> newsagent
                                university lecturer
                                doctor, teacher, me (pensions bod)

Which says a lot about the opportunities that must have been missed by many due to a lack of education.

My wife's family history is very different to mine

Mine has strands of Ag lab -> ag lab -> ag lab; and fishermen -> fishermen -> fishermen and sailor -> sailor -> domestic servant ->sailor

But hers is much more teacher -> teacher -> lawyer -> teacher -> university professor

Which I think somewhat reinforces your point

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34542 on: August 05, 2022, 03:49:35 PM »

Haha. I love these^^^^

I'm at the stage where I just don't remember the first thing - unconscious incompetence

btw Tom I imagine like everyone else starting golf you see the swing of good players and try to imitate it.  You probably aren't doing what it feels you are doing.

I think that beginners should start by feeling that they are lifting their left hand right up in the air towards their right ear while rotating the shoulders. When you do this you will feel your wrists cock naturally towards the end of the movement.  When you feel this wrist cock completing, simply turn your right hip towards the target You will probably hit a huge slice or massive pull hook (depending on your grip), but you will hit the ball. 
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34543 on: August 05, 2022, 04:47:38 PM »

Haha. I love these^^^^

I'm at the stage where I just don't remember the first thing - unconscious incompetence

btw Tom I imagine like everyone else starting golf you see the swing of good players and try to imitate it.  You probably aren't doing what it feels you are doing.

I think that beginners should start by feeling that they are lifting their left hand right up in the air towards their right ear while rotating the shoulders. When you do this you will feel your wrists cock naturally towards the end of the movement.  When you feel this wrist cock completing, simply turn your right hip towards the target You will probably hit a huge slice or massive pull hook (depending on your grip), but you will hit the ball. 

More things to remember. Thanks Dave  Roll Eyes

Seriously though, all advice appreciated.

A bloke at the driving range said. "You've got a great swing there.... Unfortunately not for golf".

Anyone need a tree felling?

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #34544 on: August 05, 2022, 05:01:55 PM »

That is really simple - only three things, you can go outside with a driver and try it without a ball. If look down at the imaginary ball you should see the clubhead moving across the area where the ball is, and brushing the grass.
Pages: 1 ... 2299 2300 2301 2302 [2303] 2304 2305 2306 2307 ... 2340 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: