blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:34:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 ... 2343 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3610739 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4395 on: October 23, 2008, 09:29:01 AM »

Tom, try the 2pm at the Wynn,$100 + 1 re-buy,4000 + 4000. I've just finished 3rd for $1600. 41 runners,40 re-buys,so a decent prize pool and plenty of chips in play. A decent standard as well,no idiots that think A6 is the nuts. I had planned to play the 12pm at The Venetian but overslept.Glad i did,The Wynn is a much better tournament.

Yeah, must be terrible having those sorts of players in a tournament.

Looky here - http://www.pokertournamentformula.com/las_vegas_poker_tournaments.htm

The value you probably want is Patience Factor - the higher it is the slower the structure.

But that noon tourney at The Venetian has the highest Patience Factor/Skill Level of all the LV daily tourneys.

After seven hours (coincidentally the next tourney is at 7pm.) the blinds and especially the running antes go ballistic.

Another thing is that they have a ten minute break after every three thirty minute levels, but even after seven+ hours there is no longer break for dinner before the final which might have been more player-friendly.

A cynic might be tempted to think that they were trying to get it over as fast as possible and concentrate on the next one.

You're not going to get super-slow structures in LV daily tournaments - if you want deep-stack stuff just play cash.

And you can order food at the table if you're hungry - I don't think you're going to get a dinner break in an LV daily tournament.
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: October 23, 2008, 12:48:47 PM »

Tom, try the 2pm at the Wynn,$100 + 1 re-buy,4000 + 4000. I've just finished 3rd for $1600. 41 runners,40 re-buys,so a decent prize pool and plenty of chips in play. A decent standard as well,no idiots that think A6 is the nuts. I had planned to play the 12pm at The Venetian but overslept.Glad i did,The Wynn is a much better tournament.

Yeah, must be terrible having those sorts of players in a tournament.

It is when they hit their ace against your kings.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4397 on: October 23, 2008, 02:53:54 PM »

You're not going to get super-slow structures in LV daily tournaments - if you want deep-stack stuff just play cash.

I'm not talking about super slow, I'm just talking about reasonable. 3k/6k with a 1k running ante isn't even reasonable.

We asked about next month's advertised "Deep stack" at the Venetian, the structure is the same,

The older I get, the better I was.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: October 23, 2008, 03:42:38 PM »

The structure is indeed the same for the deep stacks and there's a very formulaic way of playing them imo. Push for a stack early and then stay aggressive if you get it.
Otherwise, just hold on to enough chips to be able to play the double-up game when the blinds hit 800-1600. At this stage all ins for up to 30000 with A8 UTG and that kind of garbage are commonplace.
The midday at Caesars is your best bet for now I reckon.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: October 23, 2008, 05:08:35 PM »

The structure is indeed the same for the deep stacks and there's a very formulaic way of playing them imo. Push for a stack early and then stay aggressive if you get it.
Otherwise, just hold on to enough chips to be able to play the double-up game when the blinds hit 800-1600. At this stage all ins for up to 30000 with A8 UTG and that kind of garbage are commonplace.
The midday at Caesars is your best bet for now I reckon.

The midday at Caesers used to be 7500 chips 40 minute clock,it's now 5000 with a 30 minute clock.They have changed the structure for all their tournaments.I haven't played there since the first day i was here.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: October 23, 2008, 06:42:28 PM »

Looky here - http://www.pokertournamentformula.com/las_vegas_poker_tournaments.htm

The value you probably want is Patience Factor - the higher it is the slower the structure.
[/quote]

But that noon tourney at The Venetian has the highest Patience Factor/Skill Level of all the LV daily tourneys.

After seven hours (coincidentally the next tourney is at 7pm.) the blinds and especially the running antes go ballistic.

Another thing is that they have a ten minute break after every three thirty minute levels, but even after seven+ hours there is no longer break for dinner before the final which might have been more player-friendly.

A cynic might be tempted to think that they were trying to get it over as fast as possible and concentrate on the next one.
[/quote]

And you can order food at the table if you're hungry - I don't think you're going to get a dinner break in an LV daily tournament.
[/quote]

Binions, in these "Open" events does, they have a forty-five minute break for dinner, but they do seem to be the only ones who don't speed up the structure towards the business end of tournies.

There's a nice $500 NLH starting at noon tomorrow at Binions that Tom and I are most probably going to play.

I must just add that Tom is the most fantastic company here, it's been a laugh a minute, and by far my most enjoyable Vegas trip, I could easily stay another few weeks.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4401 on: October 24, 2008, 05:28:02 PM »

How to win at $1/2 NLH in Vegas.

Ralph and I have been grinding away at $1/2 for days. We have thoroughly enjoyed ourself and turned a small profit.

Yesterday Woodsey arrived, sat down with a grand, and within half an hour he had picked up aces twice and been paid off by kings. Half an hour after that, he went to bed about $1200 up.

It's easy to win in Vegas.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4402 on: October 24, 2008, 05:58:20 PM »

I shared a table with an old black man yesterday. He was 74 years old. "I bet you have seen a few changes" I said, and (as is often the case with old people if you are prepaired to listen) he launched into a fascinating story all about illegal gambling and running white lightning. (Moonshine)

As we were talking, I raised to $12 with AK. He continued with his story, and smooth called.

The flop came K Q 5 rainbow, he checked, I bet $25. He continued with his story, and smooth called.

The turn was a nothing card, he checked, I checked. He continued with his story.

The river was a 9. He checked, I bet $50. He re raised me another $60 and continued with his story.

I counted out the money to call. "Just A minute" I said, "Did you trap me?"

"Ah cayn't tell ya son" he replied, "Y'all ain't done got in the trap yet"

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: October 24, 2008, 07:46:30 PM »

A lovely story, beautifully told, Tom. I wish I had your penchant for penning tales.

Y'all ain't done got in the trap yet

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4404 on: October 24, 2008, 08:05:17 PM »

I shared a table with an old black man yesterday. He was 74 years old. "I bet you have seen a few changes" I said, and (as is often the case with old people if you are prepaired to listen) he launched into a fascinating story all about illegal gambling and running white lightning. (Moonshine)

As we were talking, I raised to $12 with AK. He continued with his story, and smooth called.

The flop came K Q 5 rainbow, he checked, I bet $25. He continued with his story, and smooth called.

The turn was a nothing card, he checked, I checked. He continued with his story.

The river was a 9. He checked, I bet $50. He re raised me another $60 and continued with his story.

I counted out the money to call. "Just A minute" I said, "Did you trap me?"

"Ah cayn't tell ya son" he replied, "Y'all ain't done got in the trap yet"

beeeeeeeeeeeutiful -- love vegas (and you bringing it alive)

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: October 25, 2008, 05:00:14 PM »

Birmingham 3, (THREE), Sheffield Wednesday, 1. (ONE).

Oh, & tell Raif that Hull City are top of the Premiership!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4406 on: October 25, 2008, 06:25:49 PM »

Birmingham 3, (THREE), Sheffield Wednesday, 1. (ONE).

Oh, & tell Raif that Hull City are top of the Premiership!

Raif's reaction....

Click to see full-size image.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4407 on: October 25, 2008, 06:30:29 PM »

I tried to take a photograph of Raif's huge breakfast, but I wasn't quick enough.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4408 on: October 25, 2008, 06:33:21 PM »

Name that jauntily angled foot.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: October 25, 2008, 06:35:34 PM »

please tell me that isnt maple syrup on his plate .. if he has gone all American, i will be most upset !!

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 ... 2343 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: