blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:34:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Julian Thew: "in the well"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Julian Thew: "in the well"  (Read 87900 times)
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 02:03:23 PM »

I believe you have used some of the training sites resources.

What sites do you use and what benefits have they given to your game?

Thanks in advance 
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 02:10:02 PM »

It has to be done;

What is your favourite pie filling?

now to think of some poker ones.

this is too easy....rhubarb of course

nice!

OK...Now a hypothetical scenario for you.

Say you are a recreational poker player who would definetly not mind giving being a pro a whack. But you have no bankroll to speak off and reckon you'd want 100k$ before you turn pro.

Say you win 20k$ by winning 2 WSOP ME packages on stars (so you get the cash)

Would you;

A; Play the Main Event with half of your winnings?

B; Play a smaller tourney (1500$ PLO) just for fun, and because you think you have an edge in that game, and go over to Vegas to take advantage of the cash action there during the WSOP? (assume you are a half decent cash player who'd expect to make a profit out of doing that)

C; Use your bankroll management skills and use the 20k to build it up online where you won't have the expenses that going to Vegas would bring with it and maybe just play a GUKPT touney if you wanted to play one.

i'm not sure what your situation is boldie, but i didn't rush into going full time & even when i got the william hill deal i carried on part time at work for another year.
up until i was sponsored i never had a big bankroll, 15k max i'd say, but the live scene 3 or 4 years ago was very different to how it is now & there wasn't that pressure to qualify for ept's & all the tv crapshoots etc etc.
c) is probably the most sensible choice.
but i'd prob keep the job & take a shot in vegas, book 3 weeks off, cash in the 2nd seat & use half in the cash games, the other half at the ventetian where they run a deepstack festival during the wsop & def. play the wsop main event because the field is so weak & if it's your day you really could have a life changing run.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 02:11:52 PM »

Hi Julian thanks for doing this.

I think it is fair to say you are a popular amongst your colleagues on the UK and European circuit. Do you think your personality helps you at the poker table? For example do people in sub conscious way not mind losing a hand to you or not play back you as much etc..

cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 02:12:56 PM »

can you ask williamhill why they have killed the super seies games! they were the best value games on the net , noone else i can think of added money to a prizepool , now they have more than halfed the added cash and the numbers playing have halfed also, shouldnt really complain about added money i suppose but still!lol

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »

I only play poker when I am in the mood, and it might seem strange but when I want to really win.

What do you do if your not in the mood to play poker? or your mind is not 100% right to play your best?

Also if your sponsor wants you to play in an event and you really are not in the mood to play poker? (Yes I know its your job)

barring vegas, i tend not to overplay myself theses days & am usually fired up for it when i sit down.
william hill are very good, it's pretty much up to me where & when i play
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 02:14:50 PM »

Hi Julian - If you were a new player entering the world of poker (knowing what you know now) would you concentrate on holdem or omaha (cash or tourney) as the best way of making a profit?

Thanks.
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 02:15:16 PM »

Hey Julian,

A few questions for you....

Who would u say is the toughest player u have come up against at the tables?

Is there any big name pro that u played against and thought he was overrated?

Do u try to grind out a weekly wage in the cash games online or live(stakes) when ure at home?

Cheers
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 02:16:28 PM »

What annoys/upsets you most in poker?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 02:20:06 PM »

hi Julie...............have you ever been tempted to follow in the footsteps of Paddy Ashdown and Sir Ranulph Fiennes and compete in The Devizes to Westminster International Canoe Marathon ?

booger,
no, the thought of 125 miles of flatwater paddling has about as much appeal as a homecooked dinner invitation from tikay....myself & andy black toyed with the idea of the liffey descent in an open canadian, i was drinking, he wasn't...watch this space lol
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008, 02:24:54 PM »

What is the biggest animal you could kill with your bare hands?

and

What is the biggest animal you could kill with a plank of wood with a nail through it?
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008, 02:31:50 PM »

Did you, at any point this weekend, steal my big blind with filth?  police

Also, do you play much of any of the non-Hold'em games?

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2008, 02:41:45 PM »

It has to be done;

nice!

Say you are a recreational poker player who would definetly not mind giving being a pro a whack. But you have no bankroll to speak off and reckon you'd want 100k$ before you turn pro.

Would you;

B; Play a smaller tourney (1500$ PLO) just for fun, and because you think you have an edge in that game, and go over to Vegas to take advantage of the cash action there during the WSOP? (assume you are a half decent cash player who'd expect to make a profit out of doing that)

C; Use your bankroll management skills and use the 20k to build it up online where you won't have the expenses that going to Vegas would bring with it and maybe just play a GUKPT touney if you wanted to play one.

i'm not sure what your situation is boldie, but i didn't rush into going full time & even when i got the William Hill deal i carried on part time at work for another year.
up until i was sponsored i never had a big bankroll, 15k max i'd say, but the live scene 3 or 4 years ago was very different to how it is now & there wasn't that pressure to qualify for ept's & all the tv crapshoots etc etc.
but i'd prob keep the job & take a shot in vegas, book 3 weeks off, cash in the 2nd seat & use half in the cash games, the other half at the ventetian where they run a deepstack festival during the wsop & def. play the wsop main event because the field is so weak & if it's your day you really could have a life changing run.

Unexpected answer and given me something to think about.

Thanks Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 02:43:25 PM »

It has to be done;

nice!

Would you;

i'm not sure what your situation is boldie, but i didn't rush into going full time & even when i got the William Hill deal i carried on part time at work for another year.

Unexpected answer and given me something to think about.

Thanks Smiley

Remember one thing though boldie when thinking about his answer.  He can play poker.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 02:44:19 PM »

Hi Julian,

Is it dark down there?

How much water is there?

Is there a bucket?

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 02:45:50 PM »

Do you "gamble" in general ?

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: