blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:03:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Paddypower.com Irish Open - Day One Interactive
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paddypower.com Irish Open - Day One Interactive  (Read 43284 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2008, 02:39:20 AM »

and welcome to Day One of the Irish open!

The City West Hotel should prove a fitting locale for this prestigious tournament. With the grandiose forecourt, plush decor and no less than FOUR helicopters parked in close proximity, even the glamorous characters of poker such as Doyle Brunson in attendance will feel at home here in Ireland.

Doyle was predictably a big draw for the players last night as they flocked round the poker luminary like moths to a light, all hoping to meet their idol and pick up signed copies of Supersystem 2 (something tells me e-bay may be a tad busier than usual tomorrow!)

Other players of note who will be playing in the main event include Roland De Wolfe, Ran Vaswani and many other regulars of the UK circuit such as the inform Jen Mason, Mickey Wernick, Ian Woodley, Steve Jelinek and Jeff Kimber. Let's not forget the goldenboy himself, William Hill sponsored Julian Thew, who will be a danger man as always.

With such a star studded field, there will be undoubted fireworks even without the unpredictable local Irish talent aiming to shoot down the big names. A field of 750+ runners is expected and an epic five day's poker is the tantalising prospect in store for us all. I don't know about you but I'm salivating already!

One final word before the start of proceedings. One more star name will be gracing us with his presence. Initially pencilled in as an updater,  this titan of the poker world picked up a last minute seat to the main event by crushing the assembled media, leaving his colleagues (including myself and Dana) trailing in his wake. He will soon be appearing to tell you of his achievement but for now, let's all pay homage to the man with no equal.  I give you...

HOMER!

What a guy...

Join us at 2:00 pm for the start of the first day. It should be a cracker!

« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 02:41:18 AM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 02:54:40 AM »

Go my assorted percentages, and Trond!

I worked out how to make the internet work from Jen's room. 

Muchos congratulationes to El Senor Floppy, and good luck to all, particularly those still drinking in the bar when we left, eek. Should be a fantastic tournament. I'm afraid we won't have any of this new-fangled GUKPT/EPT namby-pamby player card nonsense, so welcome back Mr Mateyboy, and please get in your shout-outs/boks now for anyone you know for sure is playing, so that Junglecat and I have something to distract us from our mission to find breakfast...

I'm off to sleep fro a bit now. See you at 2pm!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 03:21:56 AM »

Yeah, so errr...I'm playing, well, at least the first hand anyway. The media comp has become a bit of a blur, we turned up late because our food was late, I managed to double through Mick McCloskey three times (TT vs AJ, 99 vs 88, then A8 vs TT - the latter did not leave him impressed). I started the final second in chips though not really enough to do much (was very crapshooty by now). James from AWOP was playing very well and I pushed over his button raise with Sevens for a nice pot, and then got much more aggressive and built up a decent stack. Finally, I button raised with to 8k (blinds 1.5k/3k) and James shoved for 14k more, making it roughly 14k to win 32k, I had 27k behind if I lost, he showed A-K but I turned a pukeifying 8. Soon after, Derek Kelly (Owner of Gutshot) knocked out the other player and I had about 70k or so to his 40k. We agreed a deal that I would play and he'd get a % of anything I won, I probably lose out on a little equity in the deal according to Rod, but it's ok because it's just better to play because the variance HU would be pretty bad and also Derek was more than happy that I play, plus to finish 2nd would really suck.

I'll probably do some updating on Friday anyway, and also Rod and Dana have a % of me, so hopefully I can give them something back for managing without me.

Oops, look at the time, better sleep!

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 03:36:42 AM »

Zomg WD. Good Luck.

I might stick a Deep Sea Diver on you on Paddy Power. Should get at least 500s imo.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 04:38:45 AM »

Please could you pass on my good luck wishes to Jen, Floppy and Doyle.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 05:08:40 AM »

Good luck floppy.

Good luck blondes.

Good luck random Irish tournamentdonks

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 08:08:22 AM »

Well done Floppy ya luckbox!!

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 08:32:53 AM »

Well done Floppy and best of luck!!!  Good luck to Jen and all the other Blondes too.  Wish I was there to rail ye from the start, but get to the final table and we might make the trip up.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
jambo22

Me and my boys in Vegas for the 2007 main event

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 09:25:03 AM »

Morning,
Any chance of a list of last nights super sat qualifiers ?

Good luck with the updates

Watch out for Davy Gallagher playing day 1b, if he gets chips early on there will be fireworks

Cheers

littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 09:25:32 AM »

shib it to pete linton...good luck bud

good luck to julian and jen to
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 09:39:57 AM »

Good luck floppy.

Good luck blondes.

Good luck random Irish tournamentdonks

What he said.
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 10:02:48 AM »

GL Flops! Well done on winning the seat. gogogo.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 10:11:11 AM »

Well done Floppy. Jen, Floppy and random Irish bloke for the win.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
KevIRL

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 10:55:21 AM »

Good luck to all the boards.ie players Wink

And to Jen who is one of a collection of people Ive lumped a few € on to win.
Shooter78

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 10:58:26 AM »

Well done Homer and goodluck. Same to Jen and Julian.

Updaters, I know it's a hard slog ahead but keep up the good work. Personally I'm happy to have a week off.

Dana - not too much stalking of Trond!

Marc
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: