blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:03:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  PaddyPower.com Irish Open: Day 2 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PaddyPower.com Irish Open: Day 2 - At A Glance  (Read 34174 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »

A round of applause ripples around the room. Last year's winner Marty Smyth is OUT. 6-6 vs A-5.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 03:59:48 PM »

Julian Thew button raises and LuckyLloyd moves all-in from the big. Eventually Julian calls for his stack, (both have around 17k). Lloyd taps the table and says, "Good call," showing . Julian shows

Board:

"Great call, I don't know how you make it." Lloyd says.

Lloyd is left with about 800 chips and to compound his misery, he's all in blind vs a midposition raise only to discover he has A-K vs A-9, his water bottle goes flying six feet in the air in frustration, and then makes the nut straight to prolong the agony. The table is then broken, Lloyd is still in, but only just. Julian has 35k.

Dave Colclough is out, he said Mick McCool fancied a gamble with 7-5 against Dave's K-5.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 04:03:47 PM »

Julian is a little frustrated with Sorel, who has been busier than a workaholic ant in a sweat shop working overtime.

"He's been raising loads...first time i repop him from 2k to 6k, he shoves over the top. SIGHHHH!!"

Come on Julian, don't let Sorel mess you around!

Maz gives me the thumbs up as I approach his table indicating he is happy with proceedings. I miss the thumbs up with my camera but capture him in the midst of saying " I liiike..." Borat-styleee. Allegedly.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 04:07:15 PM »

Yes indeed, poor old Blondie is gone. Most of the damage was done earlier by Dan Bolton - Bolton made it 3k, and Colclough shoved. After some dwellage and removal of headphones, Dan called.

Dave C -

Dan B -

Board -

...and Colclough was a hair's breadth away from the felt.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 04:09:49 PM »

Smurph is down to 20k or so after her Queens failed to hold up against Anders Knudsen's K-J.

Cheery New Zealander James Honeybone is on an around-average 33k.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 04:16:38 PM »

Double up for Ken Tyrell, running his A-K into Sorel Mizzi's Q-Q and hitting a required A on the flop to double him up. Julian's hair tried to take the glory but in reality it was just an incidental bystander.

Derya Apuhan has been eliminated. Holding A-K, he was happy to see his shove had been called by A-J but a J high flop ("NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" + 15 more Os was the predictable and heartfelt lament from Derya as the Jack hit) and no kings consigned him to the rail.

You can see his executioner grinning to himself in the bottom corner...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 04:23:37 PM »

A bad beat for Mr Kevin Daly, related to me by him from the consoling warmth of the rail:

He raised to 3.5k with Aces and the big blind called. The flop came down Ten-high, all clubs. Kevin was feeling pretty confident, what with one of his Aces being the and everything, and imagine his delight when the BB pushed for 20k or so with T-J, to just cover Kevin, and imagine his dismay when Mr BB spiked a Jack. Unlucky, Mr Daly.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2008, 04:44:21 PM »

Mick McCool is OUT.

James Honeybone said he was caught bluffing when another player bet 8k on the river with the 2nd nut flush and Mick moved in for 14k more with Ace high.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2008, 05:06:32 PM »

We think Enda is OUT. He didn't start with too many today. Ditto Jonathon Paul. We lost 81 players in the first two hours so it's very hard to keep track of most of them.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2008, 05:07:29 PM »

WSOP bracelet winner Ciaran O'Leary has just been spotted walking to the rail.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2008, 05:20:29 PM »

Yes indeed, a few circuits failed to produce any tangible evidence of Jonathan Paul, so until proven wrong, we're assuming he's OUT.

Still IN, though only just, is Jason Tompkins, on around 10k and scowling a bit last I saw. Can you see the Doyle Brunson I snuck into this photo? (Clue - he's the one on the right, in the big hat.)

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2008, 05:21:11 PM »

Maria Maceiras just shoved over the top of an UTG raise to 3.5k from I beleive Samuel Lethanon. Another 8050 more to call, he was getting roughly 2-1 but after some head scratching he passed.

Here's Maria having added a nice chunk to her stack.

Incidentally, apart from being a talented poker player, Maria is also a pretty lady, which is hard to see under her hermetic seal of baseball cap, sunglasses and high collar.

here's a better picture for you...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2008, 05:25:06 PM »

Knut Rysstad is on Table Channing, lookin' fiiiine and going strong on Absolutely Loads (=110 or 120k).

Click to see full-size image.

Meanwhile a flop was being seen, and indeed betted - the flop was , and Greig Crawford was the bettor; the amount was 2k. Channing promptly made it 7.5k, and Crawford passed. Channing: "At least you tried. I would have tried."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2008, 05:27:45 PM »

Time for another Thewy...blah...blah...golden...etc...story. Cheesy

Thewy raises it up and get's one caller. They see a 7-8-9 flop, Jules bets small and the guy calls, before it all goes in on the King turn. The other player has K-Q, Julian has 6-5 and flopped the straight. He has 55k now.

Soren Kongsgaard is OUT, he raised with Tens and Dave Masters flat-called with Queens and it all went in on an 8-high board. Here's a very smiley Mr Masters. Soren is already eyeing up the PLO cash games.

Any word on how Adam fallon is gettin on?

Gary Clarke just told me Adam Fallon was short and went out with against A-T.

Pete Linton, "I just lost my biggest pot of the tournament. With Nine Deuce." He'd raised with 9-2 and was c/raised all-in on a J-9-7 board, he thought the other guy was at it, turned out, he had K-J. Pete still has 25k ish left.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2008, 05:29:58 PM »

Roland De Wolfe is OUT. He was all-in on the feature table on a T-6-2 board with A-K against J-T, but the board came 8 and then another Ten to send last year's runner-up to the rail.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: