blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:52:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  PaddyPower.com Irish Open: Day 2 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PaddyPower.com Irish Open: Day 2 - At A Glance  (Read 34187 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2008, 05:31:51 PM »

Next up here is mega-balla Todd Brunson, all leathered up looking mean. Would you mess?

Young scandinavian Cecelia Borg has been a shortstack for quite a while now but she just doubled through. Holding J-Q versus the pocket fours of Robert Willis in a preflop confrontation.

Willis thought he could knockout Borg but she showed resistance was futile as  a decisive flop of A-K-T was met with "ooooohs" from the table and Borg assimilated Willis' chips into her stack. Go cute robotic scandinavian chicks!

Click to see full-size image.

(tenuous excuse to post picture of 7 of 9)

Maz Nawab has had a "steady day" and is sitting pretty on 80k at the moment.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2008, 05:34:21 PM »

Mr Reyaaz Mulla is gone too, his A-Q not standing a terribly good chance from the start against Graham Clarkson's Q-Q.

--------------

Alack! Trond is no more. Sad  Junglecat was meant to post that a little while ago, but failed in his duties. He will be punished. Meanwhile let's all enjoy a photo of him once again, this one with a gentleman's hand in a place where no gentleman's hand should be:

Also gone a little while ago, our T-Shirt Of The (Yester)Day, Mr Paul Gourlay.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2008, 05:56:23 PM »

Hi, any updates on phil starrs please. thanks

Sure, he just c/raised all-in on a board to win a fair amount of chips.

Maz Nawab button raises to about 3.6k, Knut Rysstad re-raises to 16k from the big blind. Maz then adds another 20k on top of that, with about 55k back. After a long think, Knut folds Ace King face up...

« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 05:58:03 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2008, 06:06:25 PM »

Graham Clarkson is extremely pleased with himself. He bounded up to me during the colour-up break to say that one Mate E. Boy had raised to 2.7k. Graham looked down and found Kings, so he made it 8.4k. Mr Boy then made it 22k, and Graham thought about it and passed Kings for what he tells me is the first time ever in a big comp. Mateyboy showed him those inducers of foldy smugness, the Pocket Rockets.

He says hi to his blonde railers, by the way.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2008, 06:08:02 PM »

Beardwatch.

I particularly like this guy's little goatee.

James Honeybone.

"I must be the unluckiest player in the world...KK v AJ, two jacks on the flop...arrrghhh!"

I join him a short while later though to find he has recovered to 43k or so. Good work.

Sadly, shortly afterwards he is knocked back down to 25-30, losing a flip with A-J against the 9-9 of thsi relieved fellow.

He can't stay still for 2 minutes that boy!

Todd "balla" Brunson is OUT! Allegedly he lost out in a coin flip scenario. Adios Todd and your shiny leather jacket.

Before going though, he showed he's not too big a star to take some time out to pose for photos with some star-struck fans...

« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 06:23:56 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2008, 06:18:47 PM »

I can't seem to find Javed Abrahams, so I think he might be out.

Micky Finn has just knocked Vladmir Botto with Tens vs Eights. Whilst Pete Linton has just doubled up with Tens vs 9-8 to 40k.

Roberto may be out, but Nicky Romanello is still in. (And a definite Dave Penly look-a-like)

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2008, 06:31:29 PM »

Damien Glavin and Kyle Johnston just played out a big pot on the feature table...

Kyle moved allin and Damien called!

Cards on their backs and a coldeck situation of QQ for Damien and KK for Kyle was the result...

The flop was a sensational, yet changing nothing,

TURN:

RIVER: !

SO Damien Glavin falls victim to Kyle's mighty quads, his full house NO GOOD and we have yet another casualty!!

Good game sir...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2008, 06:33:14 PM »

Mr James McKnight is OUT, T-T against William Haughey's A-T all in at some point between preflop and the river (sorry, missed that bit; I'm guessing the likeliest is the all-in-preflop-and-ugly-outdraw scenario) on an A-8-Q-K-9 board.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2008, 06:37:31 PM »

Mr Giganto-Fan George Geary has doubled up with the old Aces v Kings. The unfortunate Kings-er was Kieran Small, the board three diamonds.

Mr Small's stack is now, well, not very big.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2008, 06:41:11 PM »

James Honeybone -- 45k

Thomas Fourgeron has a little Gallic smile on his face after being all-in with A-Q vs A-K and hitting a A-x-x-Q-Q board to double up.

Surprisingly we think despite 'only' having just over 100k+, Dave Masters might still be chip leader, it seems very finally balanced over here.

William Martin just busted Paul Baird, with a huge pound of delight onto the table when he hit a third Seven with his 7-7 vs Baird's 9-9.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2008, 06:47:29 PM »

Mr James McKnight is OUT, T-T against William Haughey's A-T all in at some point between preflop and the river (sorry, missed that bit; I'm guessing the likeliest is the all-in-preflop-and-ugly-outdraw scenario) on an A-8-Q-K-9 board.

Chip count for Willie Haughey please?  Ohh and Texas Dolly

Doyle Brunson just went OUT. Classic Glasgow... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Abel Meijberg raised to 4,800 and Doyle called as did the small blind.

two spades

Abel bet out 9k, Doyle raised to 30k and Abel moved in with Queens, Doyle, who was covered, called with , but the turn was the two hearts to counterfeit the two pair whilst the river was a no help . A hearty round of applause greeted the big man as he left the room but now we're starting to run short on legends... Sad

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2008, 06:57:07 PM »

hey people. is there any more info on conor hes me dad and i was wondering how hes holding up?
cheers sean

Mr Conor Tate, aka Dad - I reckon around 90k.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2008, 06:58:17 PM »

SICKO POT OF THE DAY ALERT!

Pete Linton raised preflop and the BB called.

The flop came .

BB Check, Pete Linton (who had him covered) sets him in...

CALL says the BB. Pete doesn't look too happy as he gingerly turns over... two spades.

"Please tell me I'm ahead!" he says optimistically but the BB confidently tables for top 2. Not much hope for Pete but using my I spy a couple of backdoor draws out there...

TURN:  - oooohhhhh.

RIVER: As !

OMG. The unfortunate recipient of this sick beat immediately throws up and hits the table so hard all the chipson the table jump into the air.

He grabs his Brunson-esque leather jacket and departs the table, whilst Pete can't resist a cheeky little smile! SOOOOOO SICK but NH sir!

Bye bye leather-jacketed Mateyboy...(bad time for cow-skin clothing imo)

I'm such a naughty, run good lagtard!

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2008, 07:01:09 PM »

While I was counting Mr Tate's chips, Padraig Parkinson announced all in pre. So did Mr Shaun Craig. Everyone else got out of the way...

Padraig - 
Shaun - 

Board - a very unfortunate

I think I may have captured the exact moment when Mr Craig's heart breaks. Double up for Padraig!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 07:02:44 PM by danafish » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2008, 07:05:11 PM »

board.

Julian Thew has checked and seat 4 has set him all-in. Thewy has about 30k left and there's 30k in pot. Eventually Julian calls for his tournament life with , Seat 4 taps the table and shows .

Julian up to 100k as he's congratulated by Dave Gregory and Maria Maceiras for making a big call.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: