blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:22:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  PaddyPower.com Irish Open: Day 2 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PaddyPower.com Irish Open: Day 2 - At A Glance  (Read 34171 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2008, 09:47:57 PM »

Boom!

Next into the chip leader running, is John 'Rock Star' Conroy. He just called the all-in of the button player with and was up against . A three diamonds board later and he's on an estimated 180k. Another big stack in the making.

Donal Norton -- Another big stack

Finally, this guy on Julian Thew's table, has knocked out Maria Maceiras with Aces vs Jacks.

Tim Blake has doubled through Padraig Parkinson on the feature table with A-K vs A-T.

Julian Thew has knocked out Dave Gregory with vs .
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:49:40 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2008, 10:20:02 PM »

Mick McCloskey loses most of his stack with Ace King to William 'Doesn't GIQ' Martin.

Neil Channing has knocked out Liam Flood with A-J vs T-7 on a fun-filled 9-8-2-2-Q board.

Pete Linton now has over 200k and is most likely the chip leader.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2008, 10:20:48 PM »

Channing and Liam Flood, though they appear to be conspiring against me, are in fact trying to capture each other's similarly-sized, similarly shortish stacks. Mr Flood raises and Mr Channing goes all in. Mr Flood folds. After that - Channing 50k-ish, Flood 35k-ish. [EDIT - this was obviously before the one knocked the other out. Damn you, Floppy!  ]

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 10:22:43 PM by danafish » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2008, 10:22:03 PM »

Tim Blake, over on the TV table now has 136k having doubled up through Padraig Parkinson earlier and then knocked out Craig Burgess' short-stack with Ace Queen vs Ace King. Queen on the river.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2008, 10:26:58 PM »

James Honeybone - 45k
Thomas Fougeron - 35k
Knut Rysstad - over 100k still
Eric Larcheveque down to less than 35k now
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2008, 10:56:33 PM »

By the way just before the break, Frederic Levy knocked out Andreas Krause with against Krause's .

Board - two hearts and Krause walked off before the river was even dealt, without looking back...
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2008, 11:08:23 PM »

Completely bonkers Soren Jensen is OUT, racing his Nines against Ace King. As the board came out, Soren was gesturing and shouting in his usually barmy way, this time it came out, "Come long come long, sue me sue me!!!"

Here's his conqueror.

Sorrel Mizzi re-raises an 11k raise to 27.2k, and then somehow manages not to get paid having bet 11k on the board.

Christer Johansson is OUT. Sevens vs Ace King in a blind on blind battle.

Javed Abrahams has busted a short stack with his A-6 hitting vs A-K

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2008, 11:18:07 PM »

By the way our clock which I believe Floppy copied off the the official website currently says that the blinds are 3k/6k/600 when they are actually 2k/4k/300, not sure what's going on there. Sorry. We'll sort it out...
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2008, 11:18:25 PM »

Surinder calls a shortstack's push holding 3-3. Shortstacked mateyboy was caught with his fingers in the till but glad to be racing with his .

No 4's or 6's appeared though and Surinder consigns another to the rail, and has done well to work his little stack into something more respectable, holding close to 40k now...

Another shortstack mateyboy (who may well have been Robert Cazali ) piles his chips into the middle for 20k, only to find a bigger stacked, but similarly mateyboy-like (although possibly called Tyler Reiman) player shove behind for 70k. All pass leaving the battle of th matey's heads up.

Matey one shows A-J - not bad
Matey two shows Q-Q - much better.

FLOP:

"Ooohhhh" cry the assembled flock of railbirds.

TURN:

"OOOOOHOOHHOOHOHOOHOHO" cry the gathering of rail-tastic supporters even louder!

RIVER:.......

"hmhmhmmmyumbesthandwonintheendhmjunglecatpwnsmhmhm" mumble the rail seemingly somewhat disappointed at the anticlimactic rivercard.

WHATEVER! Matey one, probably Cazali departs from the tourney, agonisingly close to the bubble!

78 left now and counting...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2008, 11:33:17 PM »

Pete Linton has lost a few chips...

Holding A-Q he saw an As flop.

"I check called an 11k bet..."

Turn was the .

I checked again, checked behind.

RIVER:

"I bet out 20k and he raised anohter 30k. You've got haven't you?

I called. He showed . Annoyed with myself i knew what he had but couldn't pass...!"

He's still doing well at 100k + though...

Graham Clarkson is OUT, recipient of a sick beat vs John Kabbaj.

John held Q-Q, Graham A-A. Nothing till the river....then Q!

Poor Graham...

Tim Blake has just augmented his stack whilst simultaneously knocking out a mateyboy his 5-5 holding vs matey's 3-3.

Go go Tim!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2008, 11:36:48 PM »

George Geary went out earlier. Nicky Romanello and Mick McCloskey are also out.

Abel Meijberg (spelling) and Donal Norton have created a 250k pot, holding 8-2 and A-Q of spades respectively.

The board was K-8-2 with two spades and it all ended up in the pot. A Queen appeared on the turn for extra outs, but a spade on the river nailed it for Norton. Abel is forced to nurse his remaining 30k.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2008, 11:38:12 PM »

73 left means...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2008, 11:44:34 PM »

xuantien Nguyen was just allin on the bubble!

Holding A-A he found some action from Rumit for his 43k stack, rumit holding Q-Q.

An Ace on the flop all but sealed Nguyen's double up (fistpump..."YES!", you know what I'm talking about) meaning we are still on the bubble threshold folks...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2008, 11:45:09 PM »

I have photos of that Tim Blake hand, but there is absolute craziness here!

Young Gentleman In Stripy Top A shoves with , and both Padraig Parkinson and Young Gentleman In Stripy Top B find Aces! There's a crowd about 15 deep and actually it looks like they're stacked two or three high as well (photos to follow).

Board - (WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! says the crowd) (dealer pauses for unnecessarily long time)

And Young Gentleman In Stripy Top A (to be identified shortly) is OUT and we have hit the bubble proper...
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2008, 11:51:00 PM »

Danilo Paulsen just went allin on a T high flop versus Dave Masters who called with K-T.

Danilo had him mraginally but crucially outkicked however, holding A-T and once again the shortstack's hand holds meaning the bubble is STILL in effect...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: