blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:22:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  PokerStars EPT Monte Carlo: Day 1B - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PokerStars EPT Monte Carlo: Day 1B - Interactive  (Read 88549 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 12:59:14 PM »

Play has begun, and although I struggled to spot early action other than you might expect with a 10k stack, 90 min clock and 25/50 blinds, Dana says she's seen some odd play already, chips are flying on at least one table.

I saw one flop:  it involved Kevin O'Connell raising preflop to 200, getting three callers and a two spades flop.  Checks all round, and then Kevin called a 600 bet on the turn only to fold on the river to a 1,600 bet.  His chip count, therefore: 14,200. 

Meanwhile the floor was called as a becowboy-hatted latecomer sat down in a seat 9, but didn't give the dealer his seat ticket.  "Didn't they give you a card when you bought in?" asked the dealer.  "No," replied the jovial American, "I gave them €10k, they didn't give me anything at all."  Oops. 

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 01:06:54 PM »

Good Lord, craziness here already. I just saw a gentleman call off about half his stack with A-Q on a King-high board. The gentleman who raised him obviously had fourth pair. Amazing.

Meanwhile I have found Mr Michael Martin, who says "Hi mom!" for when Ms TheReader appears. He says he's tired, but appears most cheerful. He's right at the back of the room, next to the window, and as I was chatting to him the curtains opened and oh my God the sunshine! I could live here forever and I swear I'd never get used to it. Will most surely get some photos of the awesome, awesome view, as soon as Snoopy lets me have the camera.  Angry

My first circuit of the cardroom in numbers:
Cowboy hats = 4
Pink/fuchsia shirts = 5
Times Steve Frezer pulled my hair = 1
Extra green chips that Maz Nawab has somehow added to his stack = approximately 10
Miniature salamis/woodland animal poos I have consumed = 8 urrrrr  Lips Sealed
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008, 01:08:44 PM »

Hello mullacott - no interesting Channing news, as yet.  He looks cheery (as one would if sitting in front of the newly-opened curtains with a fantastic view of cliffs/bay etc. (few places don't have that kind of view here in Monaco, actually)) but had no interesting stories.  This was corroborated by the dealer Smiley  .  He added a tantalising detail all the same:  "I chopped one pot with this man next to me.  I give me 7/10 and him 8/10 for how we played the hand."  Fascinating, no?

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008, 01:12:04 PM »

Sadly, I missed the visual treat that prefaced kick-off yesterday, but joy of joys, they staged the same presentation today. The lights went dark, the music played and the stars of the show were revealed. As the PokerStars team waited patiently at the final table, the stage began to move, slowly thrusting them towards the bustling crowd. I couldn't wait to see what these masters of performance had up their sleeve - fireworks, a choreographed dance, trapeze artists?. The table continued budging forward, then a bit more, and then... well, that was it, the players just got out of their seats and walked to their respective tables. I can confirm that the Cirque Soleil will remain in business.

Moments later, the Big TK himself, Sir Thomas Kremser, grabbed the mike to say a few words. At first, I thought he was going to bang out a tune or serenade the room with his lucid vocal chords, but instead he thanked everyone for coming and went through a few of the rules. At one point, he even gave a shout out to his homeys at blondepoker. Word up to that man.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:55:24 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2008, 01:17:01 PM »

As the players took their seats, I managed to dash outside for a few picturesque landscape pics that would put some of the world's greatest photographers to shame. Well, okay, just Jen and Dana.

Gold star for anyone who can name the long haired lover from Germany in the bottom photograph.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2008, 01:19:43 PM »

A crowd has formed around a table, and it is because Daniel Negreanu, Paul Testud, a Mateygent sat in what must not be the funnest place to be today in that he is directly to Daniel Negreanu's right, and a Canadian gentleman called Benoit Gariepy (omg I love it when people have their names on their shirts) are seeing a flop. Said flop is . They unspectacularly check it.

Turn - and now Mateygent bets 300. Negreanu and Benoit call, Paul Testud passes.

River - and Mateygent bets 700. To which Negreanu makes it 2k. Benoit passes, and Mateygent dwells up, grinning. He seems very pleased with himself. I think it's because Daniel Negreanu's just raised him. The crowd around the table is now unreasonably large for a smallish pot in Level 1. Eventually he folds. How happy he looks to be losing to Daniel Negreanu! Or something.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 01:22:24 PM by danafish » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2008, 01:21:00 PM »

We spotted former GUKPT winner 'Naughty' Maz Nawab on the Easy Jet flight over, so thought he may have been running bad, but we were jumping to conclusions as the Sheffieldian was simply economising and had actually bought in for the event. Good luck to that man!

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2008, 01:22:47 PM »

I genuinely didn't think we'd ever see Lebanon's Joseph Mouawad again, but then Jen reminded me that he won qualification into this event for his victory in the London EPT. Okay, after this, then we'll never see him again.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 01:25:48 PM »

Two players that were requested yesterday included Tero Laurila and Terje Augdal. We couldn't spot them yesterday, but there was a good reason for that, as they're both playing today. See below for photographic evidence.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2008, 01:27:33 PM »

One of the many PokerStars players playing, Joe Hachem, pictured here in "I wasn't listening to Rick Astley, honest" mode.

moveras1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2008, 01:27:46 PM »

Hi!  

I have an quite unusual request for you guys today.
Any chance you could take some kind of closeup pic of some chips?   would like to know how close those replica sets are to the real thing:)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2008, 01:29:18 PM »

Joey Lovelady, somewhat reminsicent of Rodin's The Thinker. 

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2008, 01:30:59 PM »

Expecting heavy support from the blonde forum is cheeky New Zealander James Honeybonester, pictured here during his latest ad campaign.

(c) Dana and Snoopy photoshop productions
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2008, 01:32:25 PM »

Early slice of norkage pie for the NAS enthusiasts out there... Miss Vanessa Rousso.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2008, 01:33:13 PM »

Hi! 

I have an quite unusual request for you guys today.
Any chance you could take some kind of closeup pic of some chips?   would like to know how close those replica sets are to the real thing:)

Ok, shall do, although a curious thing - yesterday the 5k chips were white, and today they are a sort of beigey brown colour. Either somebody spilled their coffee on them, or, more likely, they are today using for the tournament the chips that they were yesterday using in the sit n gos. So bear in mind that there may indeed be more than one design of Official Pokerstars EPT Tournament Chips, if that's what you have...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: