blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:16:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blondes: We need you for a Added value Forum Championship
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blondes: We need you for a Added value Forum Championship  (Read 91737 times)
Paullie_D
APAT Travel Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: May 23, 2008, 07:42:48 AM »

20 teams 10 players in team

10 x 20 man comps

running 5 comps at a time

give 5 hours of play for  a 20 man comp gives lots of play

points awarded for places knocked out (ends team play on day 1)
team prize awarded

winners of table all get £100
winners and runners up all come back for days 2 (no points for team)

20 player comp nice slow structure and game on 6-8 hours of play on day 2

I'm increasingly thinking this is the way to go and finalising the team element on day one is an interesting new twist. 

There will be an added GUKPT seat for the individual tournament winner; in addition to prize money, while the winning Forum will win £1,000, the Forum Championship Cup and the right to call themselves the premier poker playing forum.

All this assumes that each forum puts in ONE 10 person team each. If this is an inter-forum challenge then the playing field must be level. If a forum can submit more than one team that gives that forum an unfair advantage in the 'best forum' stakes.

Oh, and while I can see some validity to each 20 person comp winner getting £100...(which is, I assume, the £1000) it's not the same as 'advertsied' above.

To avoid any chip passing, surely 20 x 10 man comps with 1 person per team in each would be better? It also means that there is no table balancing to do (10 x 2 tables...ugh) making things run smoother.

So to sum up....much the same but with some minor alterations.

DAY 1

20 x 10 man STTs all running at the same time to the same clock
Structure the blind levels to give ample play, say 6 hours.
Points awarded for places knocked out (ends team play on day 1)
FORUM prize of £1000 awarded to FORUM with best points.

DAY 2
STT Winnners and runners up all come back
40 player MTT nice slow structure and game on 6-8 hours of play on Day 2 to award individual cash prizes from buy-ins (20 paid, I assume) & GUKPT seat etc.

Wait...What!?
DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: May 23, 2008, 08:08:39 AM »

I would see this working as the number of teams x 10 person matchplay STTs on day 1 with points being allocated in ascending order of exit (1pt to 10pts).  The table winners will return to play on day 2 in MTT format and play down to a final table, where points will again be allocated in ascending order of exit - essentially deciding the Team Championship. 

The winner of the day 2 MTT will win the GUKPT seat plus Gold Medal, with the prize money split evenly amongst all ten team members. The winning forum itself would take the additional prize plus the Cup.  Top three forums get paid. 

Just my thoughts, but will consult and clarify over the weekend.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 09:18:32 AM by DesD » Logged
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2008, 08:51:58 AM »

blonde polos ftw

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: May 23, 2008, 09:43:22 AM »

UPDATE      UPDATE       UPDATE     UPDATE         UPDATE      UPDATE     UPDATE      UPDATE        UPDATE       UPDATE
CONFIRMED MEMBERS IN BOLD:

Snatiramas
The_Nun
Mondatoo
flea
bigfella
RHM
Gatso
Kinboshi
Sheriff
Andrew T
littlemissc
Claw
Donk
Newport Lad
RookieITB
Skrikera
Poppet7
Matt674
Digger
SnipeR
Ironside

We have 21 now.

All unconfirmed.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 09:57:33 AM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2008, 09:58:31 AM »

Now I have a new problem.  Until someone drops out I can't do the draw for the teams...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »

Now I have a new problem.  Until someone drops out I can't do the draw for the teams...

Someone WILL drop out, FACT. Put me down as first reserve and dr\w, I will step into the missing persons spot. In the unlikely event that no one drops out I will be seen riding donkeys (there's a first) with a face full of candy floss.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: May 23, 2008, 10:28:16 AM »

Someone WILL drop out, FACT. Put me down as first reserve and dr\w, I will step into the missing persons spot. In the unlikely event that no one drops out I will be seen riding donkeys (there's a first) with a face full of candy floss.

If we're going to have a team name, I suggest 'Donkeys and Candy Floss'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2008, 10:43:54 AM »

I would see this working as the number of teams x 10 person matchplay STTs on day 1 with points being allocated in ascending order of exit (1pt to 10pts).  The table winners will return to play on day 2 in MTT format and play down to a final table, where points will again be allocated in ascending order of exit - essentially deciding the Team Championship. 

The winner of the day 2 MTT will win the GUKPT seat plus Gold Medal, with the prize money split evenly amongst all ten team members. The winning forum itself would take the additional prize plus the Cup.  Top three forums get paid. 

don't know if time will allow, but would be good if the top two players from each STT could play on day two...

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2008, 11:27:24 AM »

unless I'm misreading it I hate the format. can I clarify? so people travel from all over the country to play 1 STT and unless they win it that's all they play over 2 days, is that right?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2008, 11:33:12 AM »

also you'd have several forums with no involvement at all on day 2

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2008, 11:34:45 AM »

so my alternative to the one I hate.

if you want to go the STT route which seems like the way to avoid collusion there's no reason why you can't fit in 3 rounds of STTs on day 1 with each structured to last 2 1/2 to 3 hours, points scored for finishing positions.

play a 4th round on the sunday afternoon and then the top points scorer from each forum goes forward to play in a 20 player MTT with maybe double points for finishing positions.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2008, 12:28:51 PM »

unless I'm misreading it I hate the format. can I clarify? so people travel from all over the country to play 1 STT and unless they win it that's all they play over 2 days, is that right?

Very good point Dan.  Some thinking needs to be done on this, let's go round again.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2008, 12:31:13 PM »

let's go round again.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 23, 2008, 12:37:48 PM »

Can we not just have a normal tournament with points awarded for the place you get knocked out in?  Team with the lowest score wins.

How did DTD do their team event?

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 23, 2008, 12:51:24 PM »

Can we not just have a normal tournament with points awarded for the place you get knocked out in?  Team with the lowest score wins.

How did DTD do their team event?

that's what I'd actually prefer too.

my suggestion this morning was based on people being worried about collusion/chip dumping between team members on the same table

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: