blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:49:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Okay society you win- Diary of a fat boy
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Okay society you win- Diary of a fat boy  (Read 73518 times)
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: December 17, 2008, 09:36:18 AM »

Thank you doesn't accurately convey my feelings now that your diary has ended snat, so I'm going to say what I feel...

Bugger!

This ^^^

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Compo

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 17, 2008, 03:09:28 PM »

Thankyou for sharing the journey Phil. I hope we still get the odd postcsrd as you continue your travels.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 18, 2008, 05:32:09 PM »

Thankyou for sharing the journey Phil. I hope we still get the odd postcsrd as you continue your travels.

Exactamundo.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Xpressman

NEW ADVENTURE..... WITH THE GILLS !!

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 25, 2008, 12:03:03 AM »

Phil, i saw you at Poker tonight , and tighty told me about this Diary you had posted on Blonde, having been dispatched early in the comp tonight, i came home and logged onto blonde and read your wonderful posts of the Barmitzvah of your son Adam, mazeltov by the way !!

I got to be honest , the way you explained the whole process of the barmitzvah together with the explanations to what seems to others such a complicated religion was outstanding, you can be more than proud of yourself in the way you explained it to everyone who reads post on here as you made it so easy to understand, you are a credit to Family as well as yourself.

To be honest i read most of it and it brought back so many memories when i had my barmitzvah a long time ago and i got to be honest i did shed a tear thinking back to how much pleasure it gave my Family and parents at the time, My Late father (may he Rest in Peace) was a very proud man that day and my mother still talks about it as a wonderful occasion even now 34 years later, so i realise that your Wife and your Goodself found the whole ceromony and function a wonderful and memorable occasion, as did the rest of your family.

Phil you have Written one of the nicest posts on here of your Fantastic Weekend together with the pictures for all to see, you are a true gentleman in every aspect and i am pleased that i read this Wonderful Barmitzvah story on here, it was a lovely read. Thank You- Ian (Xpressman)   
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 12:04:57 AM by Xpressman » Logged

Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 25, 2008, 10:48:45 AM »

Phil, i saw you at Poker tonight , and tighty told me about this Diary you had posted on Blonde, having been dispatched early in the comp tonight, i came home and logged onto blonde and read your wonderful posts of the Barmitzvah of your son Adam, mazeltov by the way !!

I got to be honest , the way you explained the whole process of the barmitzvah together with the explanations to what seems to others such a complicated religion was outstanding, you can be more than proud of yourself in the way you explained it to everyone who reads post on here as you made it so easy to understand, you are a credit to Family as well as yourself.

To be honest i read most of it and it brought back so many memories when i had my barmitzvah a long time ago and i got to be honest i did shed a tear thinking back to how much pleasure it gave my Family and parents at the time, My Late father (may he Rest in Peace) was a very proud man that day and my mother still talks about it as a wonderful occasion even now 34 years later, so i realise that your Wife and your Goodself found the whole ceromony and function a wonderful and memorable occasion, as did the rest of your family.

Phil you have Written one of the nicest posts on here of your Fantastic Weekend together with the pictures for all to see, you are a true gentleman in every aspect and i am pleased that i read this Wonderful Barmitzvah story on here, it was a lovely read. Thank You- Ian (Xpressman)   

................Ian it was good to see you again last night and thank you for the kind words...........typical Xmas day here today. Playing kalooki with Rachel, Adam has a mate round and we will all go on a bike ride a bit later before the outlaws come for tea. Oh and in true fashion I have been to shul already for morning prayers..........special mention offered up for two special blonde children. Seasons greetings to all and I wish you all a Happy and healthy New Year. oh and in my last tourney of this year I pushed chompy off a pair of nines. He thought I was stronger than  three clubs......anyone can be a shove monkey

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 25, 2008, 05:11:39 PM »

................Ian it was good to see you again last night and thank you for the kind words...........typical Xmas day here today. Playing kalooki with Rachel, Adam has a mate round and we will all go on a bike ride a bit later before the outlaws come for tea. Oh and in true fashion I have been to shul already for morning prayers..........special mention offered up for two special blonde children. Seasons greetings to all and I wish you all a Happy and healthy New Year. oh and in my last tourney of this year I pushed chompy off a pair of nines. He thought I was stronger than  three clubs......anyone can be a shove monkey

Happy christmas Phil & Family. Well done done on getting chompy donk to lay down 99, sadly he still went on to chop it 3 ways.

Don't suppose he ever mentioned the time i got him to lay AK down pre flop when i 4bet him with 63 sooooooted?Huh? He is so tight weak its unbelievable. But i would never mention on Blonde as i agreed not to, so keep it yourself!!

Have a good one.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Xpressman

NEW ADVENTURE..... WITH THE GILLS !!

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 25, 2008, 07:53:01 PM »

Cheers matey, Happy Hanukah,

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 25, 2008, 09:44:19 PM »

Aaaaaah fffffsssss imo.
Snatty has got me to lay down aces face up before. Now he's making out he knocked me off 99 with 73 (really QQ obv).
QQ seems to a very lay-downable hand at Luton imo, especially against  Blonde Tom Myland's AJ...
Everyone has their one bogey player. Shocking as it may sound but Snat is mine. For some reason I've got him pegged as a decent player. Just goes to show...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 10:11:41 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 25, 2008, 11:06:41 PM »

Aaaaaah fffffsssss imo.
Snatty has got me to lay down aces face up before. Now he's making out he knocked me off 99 with 73 (really QQ obv).
QQ seems to a very lay-downable hand at Luton imo, especially against  Blonde Tom Myland's AJ...
Everyone has their one bogey player. Shocking as it may sound but Snat is mine. For some reason I've got him pegged as a decent player. Just goes to show...
[/qua

and tom Myland is mine.....mind you Mr Lynchs chips seem to gravitate to my fish like behaviour for some reason......but total nemesis is Paul alterman who always catches against me.....

Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 01, 2009, 10:47:21 AM »

New Years Eve is a particularly harrowing time for me as it involves three of the most potent weapons known to man. They are of course Time, Beer and Women. Now time in itself is harmless, it meanders around with no thought or harm. Moving in its own steady way, always forwards, not a care in the world and totally oblivious to what it might be doing to those around it.
Enter stage right.....man. Now man says you have to be at certain places at certain times. You have to be at the station in time to catch the train. You have to be at the airport to catch the plane and getting to somewhere for two minutes past twelve on New Year’s Eve is a bit like be a spare part at a wedding if you get my drift.
I have had so many disasters around New Years Eve it is hard to know where to start or which one to pick. The one where, as a teenager, my then girlfriend whilst I am kissing her as the clock strikes twelve, disengages to be violently sick on my parents carpet would have to be right up there. Or the whole night that I spent making up words from Armitage Shanks, three letters or better, after having had a dodgy burger at lunchtime. That was a great way to bring in the New Year.
And then there is the alcoholic element. Now in my youth I had the propensity to drink quite a lot. A skill that I have slowly allowed to become extinct. Now some people get abusive when drunk, some people get exceptionally aggressive and I get supremely stupid. I mean world class brilliant stupid. Another curse I have when drunk is that I remember everything. Absolutely everything, so not only do I do stupid things I have to relive them in the morning and often for months or years afterwards.
Stupid moments have included sliding off the seat in a pub in Jersey and passing out under the table. Getting off with numerous young ladies, which of course was a very long time ago. Walking down Welford Road, in the road with a traffic cone on my head. Stealing the tomato ketchup bottles from a burger van and ambushing people. Swinging from the top of a twenty-five foot Christmas tree. Need I go on?
Women hmm I think I have covered off quite a lot about women in previous threads and posts or maybe I haven’t. I can’t remember but then I am sober. As I have got older I have become slightly less awkward around women. I still manage to say exactly the wrong thing at exactly the wrong moment but at the ripe old age of forty five I have learned not to worry about it. The best example of saying the wrong thing was as a young man I had gone round to my then girlfriends digs in Leicester. She shared a house and we had the TV on loud to cover our own noise. Now it happened to be sports personality of the year that was on in the background and I can’t help my nature but I was listening to it with some small part of my brain. Anyway the boxing review of the year came on and they were talking about the Honeygan versus Waca fight and without thinking quick as a flash the immortal words “I was at that fight “ trip forward from my mouth. Well that was the end of that.
So what story can possibly tie all of these things in together. Well whilst I was on the management training scheme with Burtons I met a young lady who for the purposes of this story we will call Elsie. Well I would like to tell you that she was a real looker but in all honesty she was not and yet for some reason I was absolutely fascinated by her. As always with those things I strive for, Elsie remained well out of arms reach. She wasn’t interested and made it absolutely clear to me that hell would have to freeze over before she would go out with me. Go out with me. Go out with me. I don’t want you to go out with me, I want you to go to bed with me. That will be out of the question then.
Anyway out of the blue on December 27th 1986 she phones me and says why don’t  I come down to London to spend New Year’s Eve with her. Cracked it, thank you Lord. So on New Year’s eve I get in the motor and toddle off to London. I park in the west end and take the short stroll to Oxford Circus and stand outside the Top Shop in Oxford Circus. Oooh the anticipation of it all. We are to meet at eight. No sign at eight. Eight thirty. Nine. Nine thirty. It is New Years Eve and I am standing like a lemon in the centre of London waiting for a woman who is obviously not going to show. I decide to wait until ten and then go and find something else to do.
I wait until ten and there is no change in my situation so I decide to leave. I can’t go drinking though because of the car. Bugger. Can’t leave the car it will get towed. Okay it is only ten. I can get back to Gloucester for before midnight and still be in my local in time to bring in the New Year. It seems like a plan. Off we go. Definitely going to make as I shoot down the M4 and then it stops moving. I sit in the car we go nowhere. An hour later and still nobody is moving. Five to twelve and we get out the cars and there in the middle of the M4 west bound we sing Auld Lang whatever it is, to bring in the New Year . A load of strangers coming together in adversity. No woman, no booze and completely out of time.
And so my friends with that thought embedded in your brain I wish you and your families and friends, a happy and healthy New Year.

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 01, 2009, 01:59:05 PM »

Lol you must have been some kisser to make her throw up..

Happy new year..
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: March 06, 2019, 10:31:15 PM »

Bump. (This is definitely worth a re-read)

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: