blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:09:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  Favourite BB6 memories
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favourite BB6 memories  (Read 52514 times)
Dingdell

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2008, 02:37:26 AM »

For those of you who are already missing those friends old and new made and met at BB6 why not post your favourite moments here for posterity.

Some of my favourite bits were;

I have never laughed so much in one evening or met up with so many blondes before.

Jens acceptance speech on winning the BB6 tourney was heartwarming - her mother will be so touched that Jen has dedicated her trophy to her - if she ever remembers that she said she would....

Everyone was so friendly, and the dealers were really up for a bit of fun too. The blind cash game late in the day was a scream.

Laxie for inventing the first responders team dance which we did everytime we won a match.

Flushy for offering to buy part of me and making me feel special, and then admitting he had bought half the field already...

Simon Trumper and his team worked so hard to make it a great weekend and succeded - thank you to them for all their hard work.

Trig for wearing those shorts.

And last but not least all the blonde peeps who organised and ran the event. Really sorry that Tighty couldn't make the whole thing but delighted he got there for the Sunday evening to see the sucess of his labours. Ginger and RobertHM worked so hard with the heads up. Thanks to you all - I had a really great time despite not one drop of alcohol passing my lips.
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 08:17:13 AM »

So many good things this weekend........
Finally meeting TheNun
Beating Laxie heads up
Never getting over 11000 chips in the bash and still grinding out to 16th (Tighty I made you look LAG)
Beating Laxie heads up
A heads up match against a fellow Blonde bash winner even though I tried massively to avoid it (I know when I am the dog) Oh by the way 4,9 is a legitimate calling hand.
Beating Laxie heads up.
Having time to sit and chat in the bar area and meet lots of Blondes I had not spoken to before.
A special thank you to Spurs for finishing below West Ham
Beating Laxie Heads up
But the stand out moment was in the Omaha when Bainn shows his hand thinking Compo is all in with one card to come.....Compo is drawing dead so keeps his remaining 75 chips.........

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 08:27:03 AM »

Favorite memories?

Thats easy :

1) Winning the Omaha comp
2) Having a "menage au trois" with Charmaine and her sister Joy - TWICE
3) Winning the Omaha comp
4) Seeing LeKnave refused at the bar for being too drunk
5) Winning the Omaha comp
6) Getting a free bottle of wine at Pizza Hut - obviously too dificult to add up 3 pizza's, one starter and one bottle of wine Smiley
7) ALMOST getting a Taxi from Park Plaza to Chambers (it was accross the street!)
Cool Winning the Omaha comp
9) Seeing the delight on Kev's face when I let him win the heads up Wink
10) Winning the Omaha comp
11) Having Georgetoloose shouting "give me an ace" when all in against 2 others - they both had AAxx lol
12) Winning the Omaha comp

Probably forgotten so much, due to lack of sleep!

Oh, did I mention I won the Omaha comp? Smiley
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 08:34:33 AM »

I heard M3boy won the omaha cup........very well done.....Smiley lol

Patience is a virtue.

thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 10:36:01 AM »

For those of you who are already missing those friends old and new made and met at BB6 why not post your favourite moments here for posterity.

I have never laughed so much in one evening or met up with so many blondes before.

Jens acceptance speech on winning the BB6 tourney was heartwarming - her mother will be so touched that Jen has dedicated her trophy to her - if she ever remembers that she said she would....

Everyone was so friendly, and the dealers were really up for a bit of fun too. The blind cash game late in the day was a scream.

Laxie for inventing the first responders team dance which we did everytime we won a match.

Flushy for offering to buy part of me and making me feel special, and then admitting he had bought half the field already...

Simon Trumper and his team worked so hard to make it a great weekend and succeded - thank you to them for all their hard work.

And last but not least all the blonde peeps who organised and ran the event. Really sorry that Tighty couldn't make the whole thing but delighted he got there for the Sunday evening to see the sucess of his labours. Ginger and RobertHM worked so hard with the heads up. Thanks to you all - I had a really great time despite not one drop of alcohol passing my lips.

No mention of sharing a table with Paul Gascoigne 

Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 10:47:10 AM »

are you sure it wasn't a boxer

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 11:03:07 AM »

are you sure it wasn't a boxer

Or Steve Davies

jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 11:27:56 AM »

11) Having Georgetoloose shouting "give me an ace" when all in against 2 others - they both had AAxx lol

That made me  so much, me and floppy with AA each, I dont have a clue never played omaha before, but I know there aint no other Ace in the deck..

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
Solver

I don't like to fold!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 11:36:14 AM »

Got to agree the friendliness of all the blondes and DTD staff I met really made the weekend for me.

That saturday evening (or technically sunday morning) on the cash table was ace fun and I do regret leaving early before the blind betting and other sillyness.  In hindsight saving winnings for the Sunday comps wasn't such a wise move.

The thoughts running through my head when asked "Are you in a hand?, just go in to the toilets and listen"

The quiz on Sunday was excellent, special thanks to Ironside for hosting and for inadvertently causing most the laughs.

Dealing a few of the earlier heads up games, sorry for any suckouts dealt.

The Sunday evening "winddown" which I think I may have technically gatecrashed but thanks for the excellent company and the laughs.

Stu

Shogun112

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 11:42:31 AM »

LOL

- Coming 4th in the Friday night main tournament.
- The Duke wearing ladies unerwear for the football comp. (I have a photo on my phone, will have to get it off)
- Felt bad for Rosie and Jim (not the kids prog) for the HUGE suck-outs by Jen.
- 350z playing cash tables very drunk..!!! (lots of happy customers)
- The Duke not being able to walk properly after the football.
- Some DTD regular guy called Richard who could / would not shut up.!!  Nor would he stay sat down in his seat instead kept walking around to chat to anyone important at DTD...!!
- coming 2nd in a STT 7 min blinds, LOL, level 2 not played a hand, but less than 10x BB remaining after not playing a hand..
- Jooles coming over to the final table to distract the rest of the table with her breasts...  Dealer shit himself LOL...  "Move back away from the table please.!!!"... The table was pissin themselves...
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 11:45:58 AM »

The taxi journey.  Let's go round again.

Grin

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 11:52:08 AM »

Ironside and the magician!

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 11:54:06 AM »

The taxi journey.  Let's go round again.

Grin

That was so funny -- the taxi driver so bemused 

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 12:16:59 PM »

jon mw asking to share my taxi

saying i was going to walk because i can

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 12:20:47 PM »

saturday night karoke in dtd new beer garden