blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:59:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  Favourite BB6 memories
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favourite BB6 memories  (Read 52741 times)
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2008, 12:06:28 PM »

ref: police/fire/ambulance sirens
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2008, 12:10:26 PM »

another one that's just come back to me.  Late Sunday sitting drinking in the hotel lobby.  There aren't many seats, and somehow the blokes end up with them all while the girls are sitting on the floor.  I decide enough is enough and I'm going to make Kin give me his seat by sitting on his lap and squashing him until he gives in. 

me: am i squashing you?
kin: no
me: (putting as much weight on to one of his thighs as possible) are you not getting a dead leg?
At this point Rod Paradise comes and sits onmy lap
Rod: am i squashing you?
Me and Kin in unision: yeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss!!!!!!!

And I didn't even lean back Wink

Too many memories to write down, but I'll put down a few:
Tim (Laxie's hubby) midway through a Laxie rant "You say 'Fk your life'? FK MY LIFE".
The Ironside rubdowns.
Laxie getting a call from the kids "Mum, what's it mean when the computer screen goes blue & it starts up in safe mode?" (possibly connected to rant above)  
Getting Chilli to autograph her pic on the front page of a poker mag, carrying it with me for the rest of the day, then some toerag nicking it in the Holday Inn. (This may have been me leaving it when drunk though).
Bongo & Gatso deciding the standard raise for every level - then booing anyone who didn't use it.
Jen standing on a £50 note she'd dropped and finally having to lift her off it to give it back to her - she was that wasted Grin.
Meeting some new faces off the board, Taximan, Solver (who I KNOW I've met before), and a special mention for Tonji, a real gent.
The "You'll never Wonk Alone" when giving Wonky Donk some support in the final - not sure it helped him any though  
Silo's expression when he was told the Roshambo Trophy is the best one of them all.
RED & Mrs RED turning up straight from assisting the Mayor to open an Allotment Shed Smiley

Every bB you worry it won't be as good as the next, every one is & generates another batch of memories to make you laugh weeks later.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 12:13:29 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2008, 12:13:49 PM »

another one that's just come back to me.  Late Sunday sitting drinking in the hotel lobby.  There aren't many seats, and somehow the blokes end up with them all while the girls are sitting on the floor.  I decide enough is enough and I'm going to make Kin give me his seat by sitting on his lap and squashing him until he gives in. 

me: am i squashing you?
me: (putting as much weight on to one of his thighs as possible) are you not getting a dead leg?
At this point Rod Paradise comes and sits onmy lap
Rod: am i squashing you?
Me and Kin in unision: yeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss!!!!!!!

And I didn't even lean back Wink

Too many memories to write down, but I'll put down a few:
Tim (Laxie's hubby) midway through a Laxie rant "You say 'Fk your life'? FK MY LIFE".
The Ironside rubdowns.
Laxie getting a call from the kids "Mum, what's it mean when the computer screen goes blue & it starts up in safe mode?" (possibly connected to rant above)  
Getting Chilli to autograph her pic on the front page of a poker mag, carrying it with me for the rest of the day, then some toerag nicking it in the Holday Inn. (This may have been me leaving it when drunk though).
Jen standing on a £50 note she'd dropped and finally having to lift her off it to give it back to her - she was that wasted Grin.
Meeting some new faces off the board, Taximan, Solver (who I KNOW I've met before), and a special mention for Tonji, a real gent.
The "You'll never Wonk Alone" when giving Wonky Donk some support in the final - not sure it helped him any though  
Silo's expression when he was told the Roshambo Trophy is the best one of them all.
RED & Mrs RED turning up straight from assisting the Mayor to open an Allotment Shed Smiley

Every bB you worry it won't be as good as the next, every one is & generates another batch of memories to make you laugh weeks later.

What?? Me knocking you out first hand in the heads up comp doesn't feature here??? 
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2008, 12:17:24 PM »

What?? Me knocking you out first hand in the heads up comp doesn't feature here??? 

I thought I'd let you have the pleasure, that's what gentlemen do you know Wink

Yes - I was that Donk.

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2008, 01:39:42 PM »

The announcement that < 200 blondes had out drunk > 500 Scandis Wink

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2008, 01:40:23 PM »

The announcement that < 20 blondes had out drunk > 500 Scandis Wink

fyp

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2008, 01:40:55 PM »

No cider left by 2pm Sunday.  FFS...we run soooooo bad.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2008, 02:00:09 PM »

No cider left by 2pm Sunday.  FFS...we run soooooo bad.

Rudders told me that Run So Bad = I Am Shite. He then proceeded to tell me how bad I ran - fk my life.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2008, 04:06:35 PM »

We've landed in Cork safe and sound...well, safe anyway.  There's a wee debate regarding my sanity, but alas...she takes no notice.   

Computer just returned from the repair shop.  Thanks kids.   

Timothy - Red Rebel, Mr. Laxie, the Irish bloke...seems there was some confusion over what to call him, but everyone agrees on one thing - he deserves a medal.  Sigh.  He had a brilliant time and says thanks to everyone for making him feel so welcome at his second bash.

As expected, we both had a brilliant time and will need a week to recover!  Woke Friday morning at 6am, drove the hour and a bit to the airport and were on our way.  By the time we arrived at the Holiday Inn, it was time to drop the bags and head to the bar...obv.  At the hotel, everyone seemed to gel straight away.  There never seemed to be any moment of awkward 'get to know you' like some might expect.  Number of times I was told I look nothing like avatar pic?  Lost count.  lol  What a night we had!!!  Friday night will be talked about for a long time.  Karaoke at Chambers.  Priceless!!!  Kinboshi - ooooops!      

The 'follow up' entertainment?  Well, you can imagine the looks we've been getting when we mention Ironside's kind 'gift' that night.  Said to one of the 'entertainers', 'Hey, where do you think yer going now?  Oi!!!  What the heck are ya doing down there?!'  lmao  Speaking of, there was a photo taken out the back smoking area with a bunch of us.  Mind is a bit blurry, so don't remember who has it, but send me a pm with it PLEASE!!!  (Not sure it's safe for posting.)  Tantrum...yer a nutter!!!

McDonald's drive through will never be looked at the same again.  Next time, we need to plan our 7 seater a bit better.   

Saturday - The drive to the venue was hysterical!  Had no idea so many cars were following the Monkey.  lolololol  The football.  What a fix.  We can't even cheat properly.  Thank you Bongo...you tried.  Thanks to Duke for being in goals...for as long as ya were able.  Hope you're feeling better.  And thanks to the other ladies who jumped in when it was obvious the Duchess had had enough.  Poor Sunday.  Didn't mean to get yer unders as well as yer shorts...lol.  Just glad they served cider at the place or it would have been a long morning of getting our backsides kicked.  GG, WP, FML...obv.

The comp.  I was at starting stack for most of the day.  Suddenly I found some chips and managed to build up to 13k.  Then some bright spark (me) decided to try a wee move when blinds were at 600/1,200 and average stack was 12k.  Was hoping to steal the blinds/antes, but walked smack into a brick wall of AA...as ya would do.  Ah well.  Was fun while it lasted and meant I could join the madness out on deck with Philip (Ironside, Einstein, call him what you will) and Co.  Walked in later to fin Jen pished at the final table, showing me how to play real poker...with 10 4 os.  lololololololol  Well done Chicka!  Great play, great speech and WAKE UP!!!  lol  Nothing like 'making due' with shots at 4am.  'Did I win?'        

Sunday - Tried to sleep in a bit, but couldn't manage to settle until around 10:30am...missing the start of the quiz.  No worries, off to the bar.  Order first cider of the day.  Walk around saying hi to various people while they try to answer quiz questions.  Everyone's busy trying to be smart.  Leave em at it and head to the bar.  Order second cider of the day.  'Sorry, we've run out.'  'You've WHAT?!'     Ah well, we're flexible.  Saturday night 'shots' proved that.  lol

Heads up comp was great...until I was faced with Snat.  Sigh.  But never mind.  Had such a laugh with Dingdell, Dunk, and the lads.  Reckon we should keep that team together for the next bash.  We nearly had em.  Highlights?  Victory dances with Dingdell and her quick coaching session re Claw which helped me to relax before I faced her.  Sit down with Claw.  First hand, she raises pre.  I call.  Had to.  Had 56.  Premium, ya know.  Flop...7 8 ? (dunno, but it was small).  I check, she bets 500, I call.  Turn...the magic 4.  SHIIIIIP!!!  Bring on the victory dance!  First time all week-end I tried to keep a straight face, but still failed.  I check.  She bets, I re-raise all in and she calls with A7.  I know I got dog lucky, just happy it happened in the first hand as I was trying to play the Omaha comp too. 

ROSHAMBO - Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Where you sleeping in 2 weeks time Duke?  That trophy WILL be MINE, but not this time.     Beating LeKnave while some of the boy band watched on in horror was deffo one of the highlights of the Roshambo.     

Omaha - I reckon I'll be pretty good at that game... some day.  Just wasn't going to happen this Sunday.  Apologies to all at my table for  being 'wired fer sound'.  I entertain me, if nobody else.   

Sunday Night at the pub - Himself has been on best behaviour since...the fecker!  Seriously though, we had such a laugh talking pure rubbish and exchanging jokes.  Was delighted to see Tighty finally land too.  Fair play.  After running around all day with the kids, you must have been wrecked. 

Monday - We were up at 6am and managed to get the correct bus to the airport.  Even managed to get on the correct flight.  I run sooooooo much better when Himself travels with me.  Home for noon, coffee at the neighbour's, inspected the house for signs of any teen parties.  Results of inspection - Computer flat lined, house dirty but not trashed, and over powering smell of Mr. Sheen furniture polish, despite every flat surface being dusty.  Interrogation followed, got the truth out of the lil darling and he spent the rest of the evening as my 'house work slave'. 

Ending - Kids are alive, house is clean...ish,  computer working again and we're already looking forward to the next Bash!!!

Was great to meet so many of you for the first time and delighted to reunite with the rest.  Thanks to all the staff on Blonde and at DTD for organising a great week-end.  Thanks to everyone for the laughs and hugs to the lot of ye!!!

xx

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 04:21:39 PM by Laxie » Logged

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2008, 04:39:47 PM »

I already have my lovely nephew joe arranged for babysitting in september  Grin cant wait !!

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2008, 06:16:05 PM »

An extra big thank you to Matt 'monkeyboy' for giving Timothy and I lifts from A to B...and yer willingness to stop and ask for directions when the location of B wasn't so obvious. 

You were an absolute star looking after us and it was nice to get to know you better this time around.  Now I see why yerself and Claw are so perfect for each other!!!  If ye ever get to Cork, will be our pleasure to return the favour and show ye around.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2008, 12:34:17 AM »

Ok heres mine

~ Seeing everyone again cos I missed you all!
~ I managed to be a little bit more daring and bluffed...was so happy when it worked!
~ Sitting outside with Laxie, RobertHM, Suzanne, Ironside, Claw, Gatso and Bongo etc with most of them singing... Claw and Ironside should duet on the X Factor!
~ Playing the 0.50/1 cash game with my Dad and Delboy on the table and constantly getting into pots with the guy at the other end of the table... we did have a good laugh. Then Del very kindly embarrassing me!
~ Standing by the sinks in the Ladies loo whilst the quiz answers were being announced and hearing Claire shout "YES!!" from one of the cubicles...I take it she got that question right.
~ Last hand of my heads up game. Gatso was dealing for us and had accidently dealt the cards the wrong way so swapped them before we had a chance to look, I get pocket aces, the other guy (whose name I fail to remember) gets pocket kings and we both slow play them - obv I win Cheesy and I'm so glad Gatso realised his dealing error before it was too late!
~ Playing a small game with Gatso and Laxies Husband (gosh I'm bad with names!) we had such a giggle, Gatso learnt that trying to beat me when I'm holding 35 SUITED (twice!) is just asking for trouble, and also trying to play a J-8-x flop without looking at your cards, then to realise you're actually holding J8 still isn't going to win when the turn is a K and the river is a 9... and I'm holding K9 Cheesy Sorry gatso but you shouldn't be such a fish! Smiley

Had a really good time, thanks to everyone that organised it, was very impressed by how organised the heads up was! Was good to see you all again! See you in September xxx

That was me- live heads up poker is so rigged!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2008, 12:06:48 PM »

The 'follow up' entertainment?  Well, you can imagine the looks we've been getting when we mention Ironside's kind 'gift' that night.  Said to one of the 'entertainers', 'Hey, where do you think yer going now?  Oi!!!  What the heck are ya doing down there?!'  lmao  Speaking of, there was a photo taken out the back smoking area with a bunch of us.  Mind is a bit blurry, so don't remember who has it, but send me a pm with it PLEASE!!!  (Not sure it's safe for posting.)  Tantrum...yer a nutter!!!

This pic? What a night!!!

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2008, 12:35:44 PM »

THAT'S the one!!!  TYVM   Grin  Not as bad as I thought it might be.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2008, 02:06:03 PM »

Sorry the pic is a bit blurred, my other hand was shaking Cheesy

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: