blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:07:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  what I did this weekend, a story
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what I did this weekend, a story  (Read 61802 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2008, 11:54:25 PM »

I started to make a list of memories from the weekend but it got so long that I realised I’d need a whole thread so here we are.

Friday, Noon. The drinking starts at St. Pancras station as I meet Claw and CIA for a little pre-train drink. If you’re gonna do the weekend properly you might as well start early.

Friday, 4 p.m. I arrive at the Holiday Inn to find the party already in full swing, the world’s smallest bar is already packed out with blondes and not a single soft drink in sight. As myself and Shogun are checking in the receptionist starts quizzing us, it seems they’re very worried as they have poker players in pretty much every room and their cleaners come in early to start work. They can’t work out when they’re going to get to clean the rooms with us all in bed ‘til late so we put her mind at rest by lying and tell her we’ll all be out by 10.

Over the next few hours the blonde contingent led by Laxie and the Duke proceed to drink the hotel bar  dry until it’s time to head into town; both the kids and the grown ups are starting the night in Chambers karaoke bar, all we have to do is get into town, a simple task you’d imagine. For normal people maybe, for pissed up fools no.

It all seemed so easy at first, a hotel employee told us our taxi was ready which was pretty sweet seeing as we hadn’t ordered one so myself, Kingpoker, the Duke and Kinboshi strolled out to get it. Kin tells me to get in the front and tell them where we’re going but there’s a problem, the door’s locked and there’s no driver. What do you do in this situation? Easy, you tell KP who’d not noticed that he should get in the front and then laugh at him when the door doesn’t open. Once we’d finished laughing at him weren’t sure what to do next, the favourite option was to call the taxi firm and explain to them that when we asked for a cab we’d assumed they’d send a driver too but our slurred thought processes were interrupted by the arrival of taxi no. 2. We tried to get in this one but the driver insisted we had to tell him which room it was ordered for. ’27, 8, 312, 200’ we tried all the numbers we knew but didn’t hit on the right one, in the middle of this a lady walks out of reception and asks ‘are you room 114?’. ‘Yes’ we reply in Unison’. ‘I’ve been waiting inside for 10 minutes’ she says and walks towards the locked car. We finally have wheels; the real occupants of room 114 can walk.

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 12:08:14 AM »

It all seemed so easy at first, a hotel employee told us our taxi was ready which was pretty sweet seeing as we hadn’t ordered one so myself, Kingpoker, the Duke and Kinboshi strolled out to get it. Kin tells me to get in the front and tell them where we’re going but there’s a problem, the door’s locked and there’s no driver. What do you do in this situation? Easy, you tell KP who’d not noticed that he should get in the front and then laugh at him when the door doesn’t open. Once we’d finished laughing at him weren’t sure what to do next, the favourite option was to call the taxi firm and explain to them that when we asked for a cab we’d assumed they’d send a driver too but our slurred thought processes were interrupted by the arrival of taxi no. 2. We tried to get in this one but the driver insisted we had to tell him which room it was ordered for. ’27, 8, 312, 200’ we tried all the numbers we knew but didn’t hit on the right one, in the middle of this a lady walks out of reception and asks ‘are you room 114?’. ‘Yes’ we reply in Unison’. ‘I’ve been waiting inside for 10 minutes’ she says and walks towards the locked car. We finally have wheels; the real occupants of room 114 can walk.

.  that was our second taxi you son of a bitch, room 114 and all.  Brent, DUNK, floppy and Sunday were like 25mins behind us but supposed to be 5mins!
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 12:09:16 AM »

KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 12:12:53 AM »

.  that was our second taxi you son of a bitch, room 114 and all.  Brent, DUNK, floppy and Sunday were like 25mins behind us but supposed to be 5mins!

PMSL, It was pure comedy the way we all replied "Yes" in unison to the "Are you from room 114?" question!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 12:13:41 AM »

lolz. shib the taxi

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 12:15:43 AM »

lolz. shib the taxi

fyq

you fail.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 12:22:38 AM »

you fail.

yeah, I saw that but cba to fix it, thanks

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 12:23:10 AM »

Lisa is the best taxi driver you could hope for unless you actually want to go somewhere specific. The early conversation went something like this-

Us- Chambers please
Lisa- Where’s that
Us-Don’t know, you’re the taxi driver
L-Only for 5 weeks though, I don’t know where anything is
Us-Quick, can you run that bloke over
Lisa now veers towards monkey Matt who’s walking through the car park, she misses but stops close enough for us to ask if he knows where the club is. He does have the postcode but as Lisa has no satnav we’re still kinda stuck so we go to the radio.

Lisa- Can you tell me where Chambers is?
Radio-Opposite the Park Plaza hotel
Lisa-Where’s the Park Plaza hotel?
Us-Opposite Chambers

It’s obvious we’re not getting anywhere so we decide to just go to Maid Marion way and find our own way from there. The journey consisted of pure drunken comedy with invites to Lisa’s house (these may or may not have come from Lisa herself), Duke hanging out the window shouting at anyone within earshot, photos being taken of random strangers is passing cars. We parked up on Maid Marion way with KP giggling as he’d just seen a shop called ‘coming’ while at the same time fuming as (story going non PC from here warning) a dwarf had just gone past on an electric bike and he hadn’t got a photo. I can’t remember who said it first but the cry went up, ‘let’s go round again’, At first Lisa wasn’t sure we were serious but when she realised no-one was getting out we set off on a tour of the city centre with 2 objectives 1) to photograph a dwarf and 2) to see the ‘coming’ shop.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 01:00:57 AM »

I wish I'd got in the 2nd taxi - our driver knew the way Sad 

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 01:07:17 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5dX2g0vdLk ?

1) to photograph a dwarf and 2) to see the ‘coming’ 

never have I wanted to click on a link less.

think I'll save that for the morning

Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 01:11:53 AM »

This is making me laugh already... carry on!

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 02:31:55 AM »

This is making me laugh already... carry on!

Yep, very comedy so far.

googo

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 09:06:48 AM »

Carlsberg don't do taxis, but if they did....

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 10:10:01 AM »

i appologise  we was calling leknave every name under the sun for that thought he had ordered just one and stitched us up
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 10:40:09 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: