blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:31:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  prop bets,,im maD MASSIVE UPDATE
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: prop bets,,im maD MASSIVE UPDATE  (Read 27342 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2008, 12:46:03 PM »

Erm sofa......

Are you aware that those gloves will actually make it harder for you?

The fins are good but the gloves will just cause resistance. They are actually a training aid used by swimmers to make them faster when they take them off.

How are you planning to swim this? I assume because of the life jacket that you are planning to be on your back kicking your legs like some kind of crazy person??

If you're doing any kind kind of face down stroke then you really need to lose the life jacket. It's just another drag factor against you and you've got your support team if you sink  Smiley

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2008, 01:01:19 PM »

If anyone is planning on watching this i would make sure you get there for the start as i can't see this going past the 26 hour mark.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2008, 01:14:06 PM »

If anyone is planning on watching this i would make sure you get there for the start as i can't see this going past the 26 minute mark.

FYP

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »

This thread is a Grim.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2008, 01:44:42 PM »

If anyone is planning on watching this i would make sure you get there for the start take some beer money as i can't see this going past the 26 hour  getting off the mark.

FYP again

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2008, 02:08:33 PM »

if I read it right, Sofa is putting up $200,000 at 2/1 with a max of $1000 per punter that he can do it.

My Dad's hobby is genealogy. He's traced our family back 11 generations (you need to be nobilty to get back any further - Joe Public didn't have their births, deaths or marriages recorded before then) and his tree includes about 1800 names. He's found loads of distant cousins all over the world including one, who funnily enough, works in Limassol market.

Anyway, if I register 200 of the living ones on blonde would you reserve the rest of the book for the Longines clan please Sofa?  Wink
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2008, 02:14:34 PM »

This thread is a Grim.

lol no shizzle dizzle, awaiting huge angleshot.

SofaKing will be swimming round a photo of the island of something.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »

This thread is a Grim.

lol no shizzle dizzle, awaiting huge angleshot.

SofaKing will be swimming round a photo of the island of something.
no angle i will be in seawater of cyprus not swimming around a pic lol.,.,.,aprox 400 miles.,.,it would have to be a big picture lol.,.,.,

as to my gloves i have been using these for the last 8 weeks and they do help to go faster belive me.,.,.,
as to life jacket its very similar to this ,Body Guard Men's Aqua-Thin Neoprene Life Jacket pic added

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2008, 09:10:10 AM »

as to my gloves i have been using these for the last 8 weeks and they do help to go faster belive me.,.,.,

I'm sure they make you go faster but don't you have to put in a proportionally increased amount of effort in as well?

I'm really looking forward to this starting mate and will be wishing you the very best. Me and my mate Stu are seriously thinking about coming over to watch for 4 days then get pissed for 3. We could act as adjudicators for a small fee  Wink

How's the training coming along?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2008, 09:12:55 AM »

What brand of lard are you using on your skin?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2008, 01:22:20 PM »

One deeply suspects that yer support boat has a pool in which you will swim lengths as it circumnavigates the island.....
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2008, 11:56:41 PM »

One deeply suspects that yer support boat has a pool in which you will swim lengths as it circumnavigates the island.....

well thats fucked that up now.,..,you were close.,.,but not close enough,who told you?Huh??
only 2 people knew.,.,.,.,.,.on this forum,,,
this thread did start out for real in my honest heart i really did think about it,but then it just ecalated and i got in to deep to get out,4 days to swim 400 miles.,.,be serious..,the top marathon runners in the world could not jog 4 x 25 mile marathons a day for 4 consecutive days.,.,.,get real prop betters,,,,,i was going to then swim in my friends 120 foot long boat with 28 foot pool filled with cyprus sea water for 4 days unaided, while he cruised around the island for 4 days,
now here comes the good part out of this.,.,.,.,..,i was gonna run this up until the start date and then offer all the people who had put money on this to either cough up there money which i wouldnt have done.,.
 or DONATE $10 dollars each for there greed in not spotting the angle it really could have cost them a few quid,check all my posts on this and i have not lied once,,,questions were asked and i answered them honestley,apart from my practice days,which was a load of bollox,,,,
 i have promised someone on here that every person i get to bet on this ridiculous task that i would give $4 for everyone that put there name down to bet,,,,i was expecting 100  or so punters.,.,.i think i had about 20 or so interested but im sure i would have had a few more,,,,,
SO HERE IT IS IN BLACK AND WHITE just think you big punters who was gonna whack on £500,£1000 at 2-1 and i can assure you all you would have lost if i would have and could have carried this through,.,.,of which i wouldnt have done..,i say to you would you rather throw a $10 into a pot for a very,very good cause where it could have cost you a lot more,.,., for every $10 that gets put in i will put $4 with it,, i will only say it once ,REECE,MO.
put your names on here .,.,.,.,.
to be honest i only had good intentions from the start and i knew that someone nice will benefit from this giant task,,,i had no intentions of doing the trip in or out of the boat,i just wanted to see who was mad enough to think that i COULDNT do this and to bet on it.,.,.,.,it was a bit of a teach yall a lesson about prop betting and to make sure you know the full rules when  you bet.
i hope i havent upset anyone by this and if i had im sorry,but get your $10 out and make me pay.,.,.,.,
                                                                           regards THE MAN FROM ATLANTIS

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2008, 12:05:59 AM »

It was a hoax? A wind-Up? We'd never have guessed...../////,,,,,,

You are some lovely man James, especially for a Walshman.

Stick my name down, I'll cough up.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2008, 12:09:17 AM »

I don't mind coughing up for a good cause James, and the thread amused me even though I wouldn't pledge as I knew something had to be up

but, next time be more subtle and realistic in your wind up, you'll catch more people!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2008, 12:10:11 AM »

It was a hoax? A wind-Up? We'd never have guessed...../////,,,,,,

You are some lovely man James, especially for a Walshman.

Stick my name down, I'll cough up.
good boy..,.,.,you know it makes sence.,.,.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: