blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:35:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  "In the Well" with Lucky_Scrote (Dan Carter)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "In the Well" with Lucky_Scrote (Dan Carter)  (Read 49716 times)
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2013, 11:28:43 PM »

stance looks quite wide. is it?

hard to tell from behind, went for my first lesson since i was 14 (22 now) the other week because im literally stuck around 18 handicap. Every year ill play to around 12/14 sometimes but more often 20/22. He recorded my swing and now ive been doing it a lot more at the driving range and its helping a lot. Your swing seems fast mine is to the guy who gave me a lesson said i swing as quick as the top pros but this is not great for me at the minute because i dont hit the ball like them.

I have a big problem with a "cricket swing" things that are good for my cricket are horrendous for my golf and its really hard to get that fixed. Was amazing first video he did of me my head was so still right over the ball but literally did not move a muscle. In cricket great, in golf not so much far to ridged. I was thinking in cricket your trying to hit a moving ball so keeping as many things still as possible is great but in golf obviously with the ball being still there is not as much need for it.

I have a lot of flaws, where to begin..

You are correct with my wide stance, I play on a course that is 1000ft up in the cotswolds and it's very windy there. A lot of people from my golf club naturally have a wide stance. I also have a slightly shut setup, you will notice my feet pointing at the ride side of the fairway. I also have a grossly strong grip and I often sway a little too much.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2013, 11:30:59 PM »

yeh i have strong grip problems as well. Will try and upload a video of my swing from the other day for people to critic meant to do it on facebook the other day but never got around to it lots of my mates have gone on to be pretty good so would be good to hear their opinions.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2013, 11:34:09 PM »

Sigh at the days of me playing on pacific. Was making 14ptbb/100 at 10/20nl over 45k hands. That's 28bb/100. I sure can even beat 2/4 online now.

Playing off 6.5 atm, I play less and less golf every year although this year I played most of my golf with the same 3 guys, 2 of whom play off 2 and +2. For those of you who don't know what +2 means, it means they are shit hot!!!! Has probably helped my game considerably.

Guy I went to school with was +2 at 18 years old, wanted to go pro, never made the cut.

What also makes me chuckle is when I post a video of my swing or tell someone my handicap they say "WOWWWWW that's amazing!!!" and I just nod yet don't agree with them. I started golf at 13 and made a lot of friends through it, most of them surpassed me in ability yet we all played similar amounts. I see myself as just an average good golfer if that makes sense. I'll never win a club championship or break a course record. I've played over 1000 rounds in my life and shot under par once.

Here is my swing for the craic anyway:

You sound like a posh Gloucester lad  Cheesy Am I far off the mark?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2013, 11:34:38 PM »

pingggggg

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2013, 11:48:12 PM »

Sigh at the days of me playing on pacific. Was making 14ptbb/100 at 10/20nl over 45k hands. That's 28bb/100. I sure can even beat 2/4 online now.

Playing off 6.5 atm, I play less and less golf every year although this year I played most of my golf with the same 3 guys, 2 of whom play off 2 and +2. For those of you who don't know what +2 means, it means they are shit hot!!!! Has probably helped my game considerably.

Guy I went to school with was +2 at 18 years old, wanted to go pro, never made the cut.

What also makes me chuckle is when I post a video of my swing or tell someone my handicap they say "WOWWWWW that's amazing!!!" and I just nod yet don't agree with them. I started golf at 13 and made a lot of friends through it, most of them surpassed me in ability yet we all played similar amounts. I see myself as just an average good golfer if that makes sense. I'll never win a club championship or break a course record. I've played over 1000 rounds in my life and shot under par once.

Here is my swing for the craic anyway:

You sound like a posh Gloucester lad  Cheesy Am I far off the mark?

Spot on, I'm from Cheltenham. Although mentioning Gloucester to a Cheltonian is like asking a Dutchman if he is German.

<3 ENSUING
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2013, 12:54:21 AM »

Really interesting read, had no idea you had been on the scene for so long.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2013, 01:06:18 AM »

Really interesting read, had no idea you had been on the scene for so long.

Quite sick, but this is my 9th year as a pro and 10 years playing.

<3 ENSUING
Flash92

onesickhunt.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2014, 12:53:09 AM »

Great read!

You lost me on those few golf pages though!

Dan, I know you mentioned game selection, but in terms of game-play, what single quality do you think separates a break-even/losing player from a winning player?

How much analysis do you do off the felt? What advise would you give to me to help me analyse my own play?

How important has community and poker friends been in your success?

Thanks,
Ash
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2014, 01:10:52 AM »

I found game selection important years ago because the games were so good, you could not be great at poker but make a great living out of it by choosing the right games. Look at Andrew Feldman.

Nowadays you just need to be really good Tongue

I don't study as much as I should do, I probably do 1 big hand review a week and a small one thrown in too. I am always checking PHA and offer my support which I think helps. I think the best way for you to improve is to keep doing what you're doing. You post in PHA a lot and ask a lot of questions which is good. You're asking a lot of good questions too IMO, I still don't really know if you're beating the games yet but it's all about learning and you're on the right tracks.

Having friends that are good or better at the game than you are helps of course. A lot of people that I have shared a lot of poker info with in the past don't grind as much as they used to, however, in the past 18 months I've spent a lot of time analysing poker stuff with MC. He has taught me most of what I needed to know about turbos and I can vouch for him and say he really is one of the best turbo players around. I can't believe how bad I used to be with 20bb or less before he helped me get on the right tracks  Cheesy.

Finally, coaching really helps. I offer coaching now and although this is the first time it's being announced, I'm going to be a coach with Deucescracked very soon and have already made my first video for their site.

-Dan

<3 ENSUING
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2014, 05:45:20 AM »

dan, next time yr in bristol lets play crazy golf. i have about a -50 handicap but i'm game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oQAjtXz-Vc
Flash92

onesickhunt.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2014, 06:29:51 PM »

I found game selection important years ago because the games were so good, you could not be great at poker but make a great living out of it by choosing the right games. Look at Andrew Feldman.

Nowadays you just need to be really good Tongue

I don't study as much as I should do, I probably do 1 big hand review a week and a small one thrown in too. I am always checking PHA and offer my support which I think helps. I think the best way for you to improve is to keep doing what you're doing. You post in PHA a lot and ask a lot of questions which is good. You're asking a lot of good questions too IMO, I still don't really know if you're beating the games yet but it's all about learning and you're on the right tracks.

Having friends that are good or better at the game than you are helps of course. A lot of people that I have shared a lot of poker info with in the past don't grind as much as they used to, however, in the past 18 months I've spent a lot of time analysing poker stuff with MC. He has taught me most of what I needed to know about turbos and I can vouch for him and say he really is one of the best turbo players around. I can't believe how bad I used to be with 20bb or less before he helped me get on the right tracks  Cheesy.

Finally, coaching really helps. I offer coaching now and although this is the first time it's being announced, I'm going to be a coach with Deucescracked very soon and have already made my first video for their site.

-Dan

Good answers thank you, and thank you for the feedback.

I do not put in enough volume in my MTTs to know if I am beating the games either I think, but I seem do be doing well. I think If I played more volume I'd play better too, reducing boredom/impatience and care less about bubbling/busting out early etc.

I'd be keen to add as many people from blonde on Skype as possible to chat about my game, but I haven't really been that close with anyone in the forums as yet.

I'd love to talk more about a coaching session or two if you had a moment Dan?

Best,
Ash
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: