blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 622432 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3165 on: January 19, 2016, 11:15:17 AM »

Creed is incred, 10/10 for me.

Sly just edges Rylance for Best Supporting Actor too, as good as Rylance was.

Felt like a bit of a Cosby Show reunion too, with Phylicia Rashad, and Tessa Thompson so much like Lisa Bonet.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Steveswift

View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: January 19, 2016, 11:38:01 AM »

Hi guys,

Was using unbanthenet to watch stuff but that appears to be blocked, any others I should look at?

Cheers

Steve

Bump.

Any thing you movie buffs? Think Mondo hit me up with Unbanthnet
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: January 19, 2016, 06:46:45 PM »

www.putlocker.is
Steveswift

View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: January 19, 2016, 09:19:50 PM »

TY Sir, will check it out.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: January 19, 2016, 09:54:16 PM »

Could also install Kodi

hummuspie

View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: January 19, 2016, 10:14:42 PM »

yify.tv works brilliantly for me
hummuspie

View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: January 20, 2016, 12:29:24 AM »

Just watched The Big Short with Christian Bale, Steve Carrell, Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt and others.

Would highly recommend a watch if anyone wants a better simplistic understanding of how the global financial crisis occurred
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:56:59 AM by hummuspie » Logged
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: January 22, 2016, 12:04:06 AM »

Movie related radio programme - well worth a listen if you like Tarantino:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06vp1gh

Quentin Tarantino discuss the music that has featured in his films, from Reservoir Dogs to Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill. As well as playing a few familiar favourites, he also discusses Ennio Morricone at length, who composed the score for his latest film, The Hateful Eight.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3173 on: January 22, 2016, 04:00:58 PM »

Just watched The Big Short with Christian Bale, Steve Carrell, Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt and others.

Would highly recommend a watch if anyone wants a better simplistic understanding of how the global financial crisis occurred

Watching it this weekend and relieved to hear its going to dumb down for a dummy like me.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3174 on: January 23, 2016, 10:14:02 PM »

Watching it this weekend and relieved to hear its going to dumb down for a dummy like me.

Accurate description, very enjoyable movie and perfectly takes a complex topic and makes it palatable for a mainstream audience.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: January 24, 2016, 01:30:43 PM »

the big short has moved from 10/1 to evens overnight, to win best picture at the oscars

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3176 on: January 24, 2016, 02:35:17 PM »

the big short has moved from 10/1 to evens overnight, to win best picture at the oscars

Wow I didn't realise the Oscar panel rated my reviews so highly.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: January 25, 2016, 01:30:45 AM »

Saw Tarantino's The Hateful Eight this evening.

Whilst it was a return to a degree of form in terms of the quality of the dialogue, I'm not convinced that it was a script for the big screen. More like a 4 act play, it could easily have been done on stage (without the gore).

There's still ample self-indulgence in the production, but not quite so much as before: he didn't make an acting appearance (he's so bad) - but he does the unnecessary narration. Some of the scenes are totally superfluous - like the 'chain to the out-house' scene, and others are pointlessly repeated - the nailing of the door. It could easily have been 30 minutes shorter.

However, it's clear that the cast just love delivering his dialogue. It was great to see Kurt Russell and Bruce Dern give such excellent performances, whilst Samuel Jackson just keeps doing his Jules Winnfield (Pulp Fiction) that we all love (don't we?).

Then there's also 'spot the references' game you can play with all QT's films, which adds a diversion from the fact that the plotline's a little thin. He would do well to allow himself to be influenced a little more by The Coen Brothers rather than his own filmography.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: January 25, 2016, 07:54:36 AM »

Quite a balanced review I think. I was pretty disappointed overall. Few good character performances as you'd expect - especially Goggins I thought.

Good question you ask about Samuel L - felt like I'd seen this schtick one too many times

sola virtus nobilitat
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: January 28, 2016, 12:02:13 AM »

Accurate description, very enjoyable movie and perfectly takes a complex topic and makes it palatable for a mainstream audience.

Have you seen "Too big to fail" and "Inside job"?

Both films about the same crisis and both equally as good or better than The Big Short in my opinion. Too big to fail is a pure film with no commentary, Inside job is pure documentary with ongoing commentary from Matt Damon. The Big Short is kind of a halfway house between the two I suppose.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 210 211 [212] 213 214 215 216 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: