blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:34:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272575 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Drugs in poker
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Drugs in poker  (Read 72073 times)
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2008, 02:24:43 PM »

'The way I understand it.  Plants grown using hydroponics are high in THC and low in cannabides.  Plants grown outside using good old fashion sunlight and more natural systems are lower in in THC and higher in cannabides.  These are normally seen as brown blocks rather than buds of the plant.'

You are wrong about this. You have access to the interent, therfore you have the means to gain a greater undertanding of it. It's not my job to teach you.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2008, 02:29:33 PM »

I'm not talking about scientific scribblings , I'm talking about watching otherwise sane kids beating the crap out of stuff when they're coming off the stuff because they don't know how to use it safely.

Coming of the stuff? Theres no real come down after smoking. If there beating the crap out of stuff its probably because their scum.

These kids are probably beating the crap out of stuff, have a joint and they all chill out for a few hours, then when it wears off they go back to their anti-social behaviour.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 11, 2008, 02:29:52 PM »

People say that alcohol's a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink!

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2008, 02:31:49 PM »

Care to share?

not really no.

the reason being I've learnt from experience that these convos go nowhere. people who will quite happily admit to having no actual knowledge will still argue to the death that all drugs are evil based on the fact that that's what they've been brought up to believe and the fact that they are illegal.

it's kinda like a religious debate, people generally know which side they'll end up on before it starts.

I'd happily have a conversation on the subject in person but it's too much to try and articulate written down
From my experience people who vehemently present a seemingly entrenched position are sometimes actually (if subconsciously) expressing a clear, if extreme standpoint so that an opposite position can be articulated to them and they can learn from it. We call this 'debate'. Consider the alternative. I come on the forum and say 'well, cannabis eh, might be good for you, might not, the evidence is a bit flimsy either say'. Boldie then comes on 'Well, I tend to agree, I did think it was bad for you, but the evidence neither here nor there'. Heck of a discussion right there. To combat this, as well as to amuse ourselves, we adopt extreme positions *regardless of our views* so that a debate can take place. My views may look entrenched and soapboxish, but I'm perfectly aware that science can be flawed and governments nannyish, my thoughts are presented in a rigorous fashion in order for the debate to progress.
If all we wanted was the info, we have a few million websites at our disposal...

I would agree with you on most subjects but have always found that with drugs as with religion people are so set in their views that the basis of normal debate goes out the window and people lose the ability to have a discussion based on logic. unfortunately due to the nature of the written word and it's inability to express little jokes or sarcasm properly  this far too often leads to the conversation taking a wrong turn and people upsetting each other.

I'll just sit back and watch the name calling

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2008, 02:31:50 PM »

How can any form a smoke inside your body be good for you?

Never quite understood the attraction of dope, if I want to get red eyes and tired I will play poker on my lappy all night
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2008, 02:33:03 PM »

I'm not talking about scientific scribblings , I'm talking about watching otherwise sane kids beating the crap out of stuff when they're coming off the stuff because they don't know how to use it safely.

all i have to say is......WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2008, 02:34:11 PM »

Yeah and hash brownies are cakes right ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: August 11, 2008, 02:34:27 PM »

Drugs can be helpful in poker.  Especially if you want to play on the Boss network.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 11, 2008, 02:38:14 PM »

Next time you're ill, would you rather the doctor gave you...

1. A course of medicine that he says will make you better. It has been around a while, and its effects proven by extensive clinical trials.

2. A course of medicine that he says will make you better. It's only been used once, on old  Mavis at number 45 a couple of weeks ago. She seems to be getting on allright.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
WYSINWYG

MPD sufferer. (+2 Hidden)

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2008, 02:39:19 PM »

Care to share?

not really no.

the reason being I've learnt from experience that these convos go nowhere. people who will quite happily admit to having no actual knowledge will still argue to the death that all drugs are evil based on the fact that that's what they've been brought up to believe and the fact that they are illegal.

it's kinda like a religious debate, people generally know which side they'll end up on before it starts.

I'd happily have a conversation on the subject in person but it's too much to try and articulate written down
From my experience people who vehemently present a seemingly entrenched position are sometimes actually (if subconsciously) expressing a clear, if extreme standpoint so that an opposite position can be articulated to them and they can learn from it. We call this 'debate'. Consider the alternative. I come on the forum and say 'well, cannabis eh, might be good for you, might not, the evidence is a bit flimsy either say'. Boldie then comes on 'Well, I tend to agree, I did think it was bad for you, but the evidence neither here nor there'. Heck of a discussion right there. To combat this, as well as to amuse ourselves, we adopt extreme positions *regardless of our views* so that a debate can take place. My views may look entrenched and soapboxish, but I'm perfectly aware that science can be flawed and governments nannyish, my thoughts are presented in a rigorous fashion in order for the debate to progress.
If all we wanted was the info, we have a few million websites at our disposal...

due to the nature of the written word and it's inability to express little jokes or sarcasm properly  this far too often leads to the conversation taking a wrong turn and people upsetting each other.

I'll just sit back and watch the name calling

**** you!

Just kidding

Yeah this is a valid point, I get your face to face reference now.

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2008, 02:39:42 PM »

Yeah and hash brownies are cakes right ?

Google the quote. Wink

P.S Please keep it civil guys.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 02:41:13 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 11, 2008, 02:40:01 PM »

all i have to say is......WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS

ok, my non involvement in the debate hasn't lasted long.

+1

that is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever read about cannabis use

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 11, 2008, 02:40:48 PM »

STT

2 players on crack
 2 on coke
2 on weed
2 on heroin
2 on alcohol
2 on e's

who wins?

The 2 on alcohol.

They are the only ones who don't have to miss out any hands to indulge in their drug.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
ShatnerPants

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 11, 2008, 02:41:14 PM »

'The way I understand it.  Plants grown using hydroponics are high in THC and low in cannabides.  Plants grown outside using good old fashion sunlight and more natural systems are lower in in THC and higher in cannabides.  These are normally seen as brown blocks rather than buds of the plant.'

You are wrong about this. You have access to the interent, therfore you have the means to gain a greater undertanding of it. It's not my job to teach you.

I thought the idea of having a discussion on a forum like this was to inform / help each other.

Like I've said, my knowledge isn't internet based.  It's from talking to users and exusers.  The vast majority of them don't have any problems / side affects from cannabis.  But some do.  It's these guys that have told me, from their own experience, the things I've said about the diferences between the different forms of the drug.

If you want to join in the discussion, then surely you should want to help other, less informed people ( ie me ).  If you can't be bothered to enter into a decent two way converasation, then I don't see why I should be bothered to concider your opinion.

I'll repeat.  I expect many of the terms I use are wrong.  They are picked up in day to day conversation.  I believe there is a difference in the effect various forms of the drug have.  This is, from what I've been told, and believe, due to the differing amounts of THC / cannabides present.  Some forms of the drug have different effects, and therefore different side effects to each other.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 11, 2008, 02:43:08 PM »

How do you know their problems stem from cannabis and not any other mitigating factor?

Becasue they so? Because you say so?

Either way, I'll stick with the scribblings.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: