blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:08:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Rate My Fry-up...
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 160 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rate My Fry-up...  (Read 331824 times)
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: November 14, 2008, 02:58:45 PM »

-1 mangled egg

-1 the sun

-1 haggis

-1 being scottish and that

6.5, good effort
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #751 on: November 14, 2008, 03:00:06 PM »

Right have the day off so thought i would make sure the camera was charged and submit another effort for your comments......

Flame away but i have just finished it and can tell you it was cracking, now i am off to lie in the bath before having a kip...fkn tough life this...

Click to see full-size image.

6.5 out of 10 from me.

Sausages aren't quite cooked properly, the egg does look a little rubbery, and some of the random slabs look a bit dry and possess a worrying resemblance to dog excrement. Oh, and half a mark off for the Sun being your morning reading. Apart from that, pretty solid effort.

Edit: Half a mark back for it not being the Sun. But 2.5 off for it being slightly deceptive in the photo.

6.75 out of 10.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 03:07:18 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 14, 2008, 03:00:45 PM »

-1 mangled egg

-1 the sun

-1 haggis

-1 being scottish and that

6.5, good effort

-99 to bolt for numeracy skills.

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #753 on: November 14, 2008, 03:01:55 PM »

I don't know why but it looks like Snoopy lives in a student flat. Also, the orange juice in a wine glass. Was this the only clean one left? And the salt shaker isn't the poshest I've ever seen either.

Can't disagree with any of that. Very observant.

I don't like to fuck around with appearances.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 14, 2008, 03:02:51 PM »

tank - I still need someone to explain the need for hash browns/potato based product on a fry up plate though. Next you will be wanting pancakes and telling me my eggs weren't done 'over easy' or some other random American nonsense. It's a fry up not an all American brunch thread imo.

I hate to tell you but if you flip the egg in the pan & cook both sides it is over-easy if the yolk is runny, and over-medium if it's a bit more solid. Yours looks over medium.

The Anglos seem to like theirs sunny side up.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #755 on: November 14, 2008, 03:03:49 PM »

What page is Kev's brekkie on?
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 14, 2008, 03:05:08 PM »

lol @ people still deducting points to the sun despite a) it not being the sun and b) the fact that it's already been pointed out that it's not the sun

oh and c) you can't really deduct fry up points for having a tabloid

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 14, 2008, 03:07:15 PM »

What page is Kev's brekkie on?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=37373.msg838430#msg838430

Look and learn son ... look and learn.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #758 on: November 14, 2008, 03:12:56 PM »

Looks good at first glance, although I'm tempted to take a mark off for no corn on the cob. Personal taste, but I don't like too much juice with the beans and might consider cooking the hash browns and bacon a tad more. The sausages look good, but the toast seems to have freckles, and what's happened to the place mat? Also, I think you can have too much butter on the bread. No knife and fork, so you clearly ate with your hands. Mark added for bravery. 7.5 out of 10. Nice work.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 14, 2008, 03:16:42 PM »

Looks good at first glance, although I'm tempted to take a mark off for no corn on the cob. Personal taste, but I don't like too much juice with the beans and might consider cooking the hash browns and bacon a tad more. The sausages look good, but the toast seems to have freckles, and what's happened to the place mat? Also, I think you can have too much butter on the bread. No knife and fork, so you clearly ate with your hands. Mark added for bravery. 7.5 out of 10. Nice work.

sigh ... was fried bread you plum, as for the knife and fork/placemat comment ... this is a fry up thread not fkin "homes & Gardens" ... or "Squats and bedsits" in your case Wink   

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #760 on: November 14, 2008, 03:22:14 PM »

sigh ... was fried bread you plum, as for the knife and fork/placemat comment ... this is a fry up thread not fkin "homes & Gardens" ... or "Squats and bedsits" in your case Wink   

... fk me, gave you an extra mark for that and then got insulted. As such, I'm going to take away the mark for insolence. 6.5 out of 10.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 03:27:26 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
WYSINWYG

MPD sufferer. (+2 Hidden)

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 14, 2008, 03:26:09 PM »

Great job Eck, I'd eat it. What did you do with the haggis? Slice off a bit and griddle/grill?

They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #762 on: November 14, 2008, 03:27:56 PM »

lol @ people still deducting points to the sun despite a) it not being the sun and b) the fact that it's already been pointed out that it's not the sun

My apologies to Eck. I have edited my post.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 14, 2008, 03:29:06 PM »

My apologies to Eck. I have edited my post.

good beagle

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #764 on: November 14, 2008, 03:29:49 PM »

tank - I still need someone to explain the need for hash browns/potato based product on a fry up plate though. Next you will be wanting pancakes and telling me my eggs weren't done 'over easy' or some other random American nonsense. It's a fry up not an all American brunch thread imo.

I hate to tell you but if you flip the egg in the pan & cook both sides it is over-easy if the yolk is runny, and over-medium if it's a bit more solid. Yours looks over medium.

The Anglos seem to like theirs sunny side up.

AAAAAARGGHHHHH i couldn't give a fuck if it's over easy, way too easy, or a complete slag of an egg it was a fried egg ffs not an exercise in Americanising (probably not a word but fuck off i'm having a rant) a fuckin fry up.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 160 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: