blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:53:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345769 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: August 26, 2011, 10:16:05 AM »

Some of them are absolutely insane Pads, Taylor 9/10, cmon ?? What does that make Vidic, Terry etc 40/10 ?

Marveux 8/10, what ? he's played one game against a lge 1 side and made a couple of runs, provided little, where do you get that rating from ?

And just lol at Guttierez.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:18:50 AM by mondatoo » Logged
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 26, 2011, 10:21:10 AM »

I didn't actually read the descriptions, is this a level ? Williamson makes no mistakes ? I thought you used to go to the games, so blinkered mate. Taylors even worse than him for mistakes but probably better allround.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 26, 2011, 10:25:07 AM »

I'm pretty worried tbh, where are the goals going to come from, Ben Arfa looked good the half a dozen games he played but it will be a while before he's 100% again, Marveux is unproven, we have no goals anywhere, it's early days but Ba looks terrible, is he unfit ?

Maybe I'm overly negative but we won't improve on last season and have shown no desire to. I wouldn't be suprised if we buy nobody attack minded before the window shuts and if that's the case we could easily find ourselves in trouble, AGAIN.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: August 26, 2011, 10:27:02 AM »

Congrats on signing Erik Pieters...He'll be a great signing for you...Unfortunately we need the cash Sad

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 26, 2011, 11:00:40 AM »

Saylor has been incred so far this season continuing his form at the back end of last season. Williamson is a defender that doesnt do anything flash but just wins everything in the air, hes a stopper I guess. Like against the mackems we put him inbetween Saylor and Collocini and just let him hoover everything up, it also allows us to change to 3-5-2 if we need to.

Jonas has more energy/drive/pace than almost anybody in the prem, he doesnt have a great end product, but carrying the ball and keeping pressure off away from home is super important and very undervalued. He's also great at working back, part of the reason Enrique got so much praise was down to Jonas.

Goals could be a struggle, but if we concede alot less (i think we will) we dont need to score as many as last season. Losing Nolans goals, but keeping possesion/not being overran in midfiled by athletic mdifielders is definitetly better imo.

If we end up with

Tiote Barton
      Cabay

Marveux  Ben Arga
     10m striker

infront of a very solid back 5 then I would be super happy.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 26, 2011, 11:01:13 AM »

Pleno what does 10/10 mean?
Best in prem? Best it world? Best Newcastle can hope for? Best Newcastle have ever had?
Just wondered what you're comparing to.
I really rate Newcastles team and transfer activity this Summer and it's good to see a positive football fan for once so not slating it just wondered how positive you are.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 26, 2011, 11:01:30 AM »

Congrats on signing Erik Pieters...He'll be a great signing for you...Unfortunately we need the cash Sad

cliffs on him? what hes like etc, have heard moxed re[orts.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 26, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »

We getting a really nice squad together now. We should sign 3 players before the window and have a really good chance of top 10 finish

Fancy a side bet on it?  Can't see you finishing top ten at all.

Price?

Was thinking something along the lines of Even money if you finish top 11 you win if you finish 12th it is a push and 13th and below I win.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 26, 2011, 11:03:38 AM »

/10 rates their current performance, jsut because Taylor is a 9/10 atm, sdoesnt mean he wont be a 6/10 at Christmas, players change all the time and i expect us to have lots of weeks where everybody is 5-7's. but at the moment everything looks very rosy.

We are also the only team to have not conceded a goal so far this season.

im happy to sing, 1-0 to the geordie boys every week.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 26, 2011, 11:05:43 AM »

We getting a really nice squad together now. We should sign 3 players before the window and have a really good chance of top 10 finish

Fancy a side bet on it?  Can't see you finishing top ten at all.

Price?

Was thinking something along the lines of Even money if you finish top 11 you win if you finish 12th it is a push and 13th and below I win.

top 12 i win, 13 push, 14 u win. £250? lots of people think/thought we were certaintys for relegation 10 days ago btw, and we have no left back, no striker, and arguably our best player barton is leaving and arguably out other best player ben arfa is injured, whilst enrique/nolan our 2 most important players for last 3 seasons have left. you can have optiopn to buy out for £175 at xmas.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 26, 2011, 11:08:51 AM »

Meet you in the middle.  Top twelve you win and anything below I win.  No push.  £250 is fine.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 26, 2011, 11:12:24 AM »

/10 rates their current performance, jsut because Taylor is a 9/10 atm, sdoesnt mean he wont be a 6/10 at Christmas, players change all the time and i expect us to have lots of weeks where everybody is 5-7's. but at the moment everything looks very rosy.

We are also the only team to have not conceded a goal so far this season.

im happy to sing, 1-0 to the geordie boys every week.

I thought that was how good you thought they where ability wise, phew Smiley
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #657 on: August 26, 2011, 11:13:19 AM »

cliffs on him? what hes like etc, have heard moxed re[orts.

I rate him, he'll be a full Dutch international for quite a while IMO. Good at Left back and can play Right back. He might take a while to settle into the EPL as the pace of the EPL is obv higher than the Dutch league. But he's pacy enough, has a good eye for positioning and likes to go forward. I wouldn't expect him to contribute many, or any, goals though. He has to work on some things (not the best defender when the ball is up in the air) but he'll get there and I would be surprised if he won't be worth a lot more when he's 25-26.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 26, 2011, 12:57:21 PM »

newcastle reported twice in a week for tapping up players. someone's been very naughty

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 26, 2011, 01:04:00 PM »

noone likes us, we dont care,

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: