blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:42:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345732 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: August 29, 2013, 02:06:32 PM »

Pretty clear to see that we have a lot of players who aren't anywhere near the level needed to be successful at a top level club. Of course the odd potential banana skin tie means the games aren't pretty but this is the 7th, 8th or even more time that the same second string players have played against weak opposition and showed nothing, they clearly aren't good enough.

We were really lucky tonight, and a man under as much pressure as Pardew I'm surprised he took such a big risk as we could very easily have lost tonight.

Are you pleased by the massive cup draw?

Very.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: August 29, 2013, 06:15:04 PM »

Pretty clear to see that we have a lot of players who aren't anywhere near the level needed to be successful at a top level club. Of course the odd potential banana skin tie means the games aren't pretty but this is the 7th, 8th or even more time that the same second string players have played against weak opposition and showed nothing, they clearly aren't good enough.

We were really lucky tonight, and a man under as much pressure as Pardew I'm surprised he took such a big risk as we could very easily have lost tonight.

Newcastle's strength in depth is embarrassing. Not one player who started last night who would get into anyones top 10 sides, that really was a big risk when a nice win was needed. Surely a cup like this is what a team like Newcastle should be trying to win?? Game V Leeds should be decent though, the same team as last night will get turned over easy. Looks like there are no leaders / passion each time you play (bar Taylor, Shoala).

Would be nice to see you bring in about 5 players this week but I can't see that happening?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: August 29, 2013, 06:19:37 PM »

Newcastle's strength in depth is embarrassing. Not one player who started last night who would get into anyones top 10 sides, that really was a big risk when a nice win was needed. Surely a cup like this is what a team like Newcastle should be trying to win?? Game V Leeds should be decent though, the same team as last night will get turned over easy. Looks like there are no leaders / passion each time you play (bar Taylor, Shoala).

Would be nice to see you bring in about 5 players this week but I can't see that happening?

In any team outside of the top 6 who in their reserve team would get into a top 10 starting 11?

Dummett is actually pretty promising
Yanga Mbiwa would play for most teams
Marveux giving a run of form would play in most teams or be a good squad player
Debuchy should get in a lot of teams
Vuckic is promising but has been injured alot

We just punted it up to 2 skillful strikers, its all about Pardew and his inept tactics

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: August 29, 2013, 06:21:01 PM »

also think the team was wayyyyyyy good enough to beat the opposition and was a fine team to put out.

We definietely dont want any injuries and whats the point in having squad players if you dont use them?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 30, 2013, 12:03:37 AM »

Yanga Mbiwa would play for most teams - one of the biggest donkeys ive seen
Marveux giving a run of form would play in most teams or be a good squad player - haha
Debuchy should get in a lot of teams - he is useless (so far), i thought he was good based on 1 game in the euros, but now after seeing him on tv for 5 or so games, and highlights he is a big liability (as is santon)

[/quote]

At least Ant isn't the only one with tinted glasses on when it comes to their own team! Surely you can't think marveux and mbiwa would play in most teams?

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 30, 2013, 12:21:06 AM »

Marveux giving a run of form would play in most teams or be a good squad player - haha
Debuchy should get in a lot of teams - he is useless (so far), i thought he was good based on 1 game in the euros, but now after seeing him on tv for 5 or so games, and highlights he is a big liability (as is santon)

At least Ant isn't the only one with tinted glasses on when it comes to their own team! Surely you can't think marveux and mbiwa would play in most teams?
[/quote]

Didn't you say that Will Buckley was better and was twice as prolific than Zaha last season?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 30, 2013, 12:40:50 AM »

[/quote]

Continental defenders are very similar. Colocinis first season he was similar to mbwia but was worse he grew as one of the best defenders in the prem. mbwia is very fast and a similar defender to colo. he was a captain at Montpellier and regularly in the team of the season. It will take him time to adjust to the premiership but graham Carr wouldn't pay 7m for a bad defender (we won't pay it for a striker and we didn't need a defender)

Marveaux is good. He is v good on the ball and really good technically as we'll as being quick. Like I said under pardew he will be bad because we play hoofball in teams like Norwich, Southampton and Swansea he would be very good.

Our problems is mainly our manager and the tactics he uses. Marveux is also a centre midfielder not a winger.

But going back to it mbwia, marveaux and debuchy would get in over 10 teams in the premiership.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 30, 2013, 12:42:45 AM »

Debuchy came wih huge expectations but has been catastrophic. He gets beaten way way too easy.

Colo is a hero, the best defender I've seen in black and white but looks error prone ATM.

Taylor is undoubtedly awful liability and people's perception of him being an attacking threat is a myth.

Mbwia got murdered easy tonight and will be interesting to see if he improves.

Santon is way better going forward than defensively.

Tiote is the worst defensive midfielder in the premiership on the last 12 months form, can't keep the ball and gives away needless fouls, liability.

Jonas simply woeful, should have sold 12 months ago.

Ben arfa is our best player a real threat but nobody gives him an opttion

Sissoko has a touch of a rapist, he's way above his league

Anita seems too weak although potential

Cisse worst striker in the premiership outside of the box

Tim Krul is v v good

Gouffran actually decent IMO.

Pardew clueless !!! Who makes a rash substitution when there's 5 seconds left of the half and you can go in and regorup. Absolute clown.

John carver / stone absolute amateurs.

We need to spend and we need to spend very very quick.

There will be a tonne of pressure vs west ham and the fans will be kicking off I'd be betting against us.

About having the blinkers on. You must just read posts where I'm positive. I even state there about debuchy and mbwias start to their careers (note marveaux is one of the few players I leave out)

anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: August 30, 2013, 10:01:42 AM »

Continental defenders are very similar. Colocinis first season he was similar to mbwia but was worse he grew as one of the best defenders in the prem. mbwia is very fast and a similar defender to colo. he was a captain at Montpellier and regularly in the team of the season. It will take him time to adjust to the premiership but graham Carr wouldn't pay 7m for a bad defender (we won't pay it for a striker and we didn't need a defender)

Marveaux is good. He is v good on the ball and really good technically as we'll as being quick. Like I said under pardew he will be bad because we play hoofball in teams like Norwich, Southampton and Swansea he would be very good.

Our problems is mainly our manager and the tactics he uses. Marveux is also a centre midfielder not a winger.

But going back to it mbwia, marveaux and debuchy would get in over 10 teams in the premiership.
[/quote]

Maybe they will prove me wrong but for now I don't see signs of any quality there.

The same manager and tactics worked two years ago though. I just think there is a lack of passion. Someone like joey Barton and Michael Dawson signing would put everyone in their place IMO.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: September 02, 2013, 11:09:30 PM »

Look forward to another relegation battle ahead, what a joke.

The people that run my club deserve everything they get, from the Chairman at the top to the Manager, despise the lot of them.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1660 on: September 30, 2013, 07:54:11 PM »

Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be a Newcastle fan.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:55:57 PM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1661 on: September 30, 2013, 08:11:50 PM »

Sad

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1662 on: September 30, 2013, 08:44:16 PM »

I'm glad I'm not a full-time Newcastle fan.  Would be very hard work.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: October 05, 2013, 03:56:26 PM »

I see Remy signed for the season while in Ireland.

The singularly most exciting striker I've seen at Loftus Road since Sir Les. And you lot saw how good he was.

Super fast and very quick thinking plus skilful and has a great shot on him.

Reminded me of Thierry Henry.

Did go massively off the boil once relegation was pretty much confirmed, but for the first 4 to 6 matches he was brilliant.

Hope we get promoted and he comes back.

Believe what I said about Remy yet?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: October 05, 2013, 03:59:17 PM »

I see Remy signed for the season while in Ireland.

The singularly most exciting striker I've seen at Loftus Road since Sir Les. And you lot saw how good he was.

Super fast and very quick thinking plus skilful and has a great shot on him.

Reminded me of Thierry Henry.

Did go massively off the boil once relegation was pretty much confirmed, but for the first 4 to 6 matches he was brilliant.

Hope we get promoted and he comes back.

Believe what I said about Remy yet?

Wonderful business from us that there's no agreement in place for us to be able to sign him if we wish, marv.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: