blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:06:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345857 times)
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: January 04, 2015, 07:48:32 PM »

You cannot view the message from member "Kmac84" because he/she is a mindless, boring troll.

FTFY paddy.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: January 04, 2015, 08:13:06 PM »

2 good bits of news this weekend then...

could all have been so different. Idk whether it's exclusively that he's been managed poorly (which he undeniably has..) or the lad has problems of his own (v likely), but he should have been huge for us, bangs instead of whimpers. When he was on it he was absolutely different gravy, but those days so so few and far between.

maybe he'll sort his head out at Nice.

Very unlikely he does
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: January 04, 2015, 08:46:25 PM »

The arguement about being safe so giving the cup a go is irrelevant for the Ashley 'model'. Each league place is worth £750k so the finances would always be directing towards the league as an extra place is worth nearly as much as a final appearance in the FA cup (and 7 times more than a League cup win!).

Let's get a head coach in who can motivate and develop players and has a style of play that moves the ball round nicely with a focus weighted on scoring goals.

Having been hit with JFK in recent times I would not even bother suggesting or wishing for names...

Not seen you on here for a while mate!

You'll finish mid table again. #analysis

Fwiw I rate Perez as one of the buys of the season (value for money)

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: January 04, 2015, 09:00:00 PM »

2 good bits of news this weekend then...

could all have been so different. Idk whether it's exclusively that he's been managed poorly (which he undeniably has..) or the lad has problems of his own (v likely), but he should have been huge for us, bangs instead of whimpers. When he was on it he was absolutely different gravy, but those days so so few and far between.

maybe he'll sort his head out at Nice.

Very unlikely he does

yup, agreed. but i'm an optimist and i like the lad, so... Cheesy
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: January 04, 2015, 09:16:47 PM »

his stats are still way better than any midfielder we've had over the last 5 years (cabaye included) and the fact he sometimes doesn't track back surely doesnt matter that much, without him we've been beaten by 2+ goals countless times.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: January 04, 2015, 09:35:46 PM »

If it was just on the pitch ability that counted then you would have kept him

It's not though so you didn't

You can rest assured his agent has been trying to find him a new side for a while

The fact he went to hull and now nice tells you everything.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: January 05, 2015, 12:20:30 PM »

If I was a Leicester fan I would understand the decision to field a weakened team since they seem very likely to be in a relegation battle in March-April and survival is obv more important than a cup run in a competition that is going to be very hard for them to win. Swansea's manager fielded a weakened team as he believed the side was strong enough to get the win and they did. Newcastle currently sit on 27 points with 18 games still remaining, we are very unlikely to end up in a relegation battle in March-April (look forward to someone bumping this in a few months Smiley ), the bookies have NINE teams at shorter odds then us to go down, we won't get into Europe through the league so we look very likely to finish 8/9th-15/16th. So other than the possible exception of the Sunderland game in April this game today, in many fans minds, myself included, was the biggest game left in our season and we see fit to not even attempt to win it.

John Carver now has the image of a liar after being caretaker manager for two games since I and many others find it very hard to believe that Colo/Sissoko/Colback etc wouldn't have played today if it were a league game, great start to a new era (I fully expect him to be here until the end of the season at a minimum).

Good post and I understand the argument. If I was a NUFC fan I'd be pretty hacked that there wasn't a concerted attempt to chase Cup glory.

I repeat however that weakened teams for early round FA Cup games are pretty standard albeit in your case due position in league etc it seems the standard should be ignored.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: January 05, 2015, 12:27:10 PM »

The arguement about being safe so giving the cup a go is irrelevant for the Ashley 'model'. Each league place is worth £750k so the finances would always be directing towards the league as an extra place is worth nearly as much as a final appearance in the FA cup (and 7 times more than a League cup win!).

Let's get a head coach in who can motivate and develop players and has a style of play that moves the ball round nicely with a focus weighted on scoring goals.

Having been hit with JFK in recent times I would not even bother suggesting or wishing for names...

Interesting and a plausible explanation for the Ashley model.

One correction tho - in 2013/2014 the prize per place in the Premier League was £1,236,083 which reinforces your argument. 10th place was worth 13.6 million for Newcastle and compares to about  4.9 million for 17th.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: January 05, 2015, 12:34:34 PM »

home to ipswich..

Southampton
23 Forster
16 Ward-Prowse
06 Fonte
05 Gardos
21 Bertrand
08 Davis
04 Schneiderlin Booked
12 Wanyama
11 Tadic (Isgrove - 65' )
07 Long
19 Pellè

Presumably you have posted this to refute my position that large rotation for early FA Cup matches is standard.  Why post the one exception to the norm?

Having said that it is an interesting example because you might recall Southampton fans were up in arms last season when they were knocked out of the FA Cup with a weakened team when totally secure in the League.

Looking at all Premier teams yesterday in the Cup:

Number of changes from starting 11 that played on New Years Day:

QPR 7
Sunderland 6
Villa 5
City 6
Stoke 7
United 6
Chelsea 8
Arsenal 5
Southampton 2

buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: January 05, 2015, 01:28:37 PM »

home to ipswich..

Southampton
23 Forster
16 Ward-Prowse
06 Fonte
05 Gardos
21 Bertrand
08 Davis
04 Schneiderlin Booked
12 Wanyama
07 Long
19 Pellè

Presumably you have posted this to refute my position that large rotation for early FA Cup matches is standard.  Why post the one exception to the norm?

Having said that it is an interesting example because you might recall Southampton fans were up in arms last season when they were knocked out of the FA Cup with a weakened team when totally secure in the League.

QPR 7
Sunderland 6
Villa 5
City 6
Stoke 7
United 6
Chelsea 8
Arsenal 5
Southampton 2

Sunderland made 6 changes, but ironically, i think we had a better team out in the Cup.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: January 05, 2015, 01:31:49 PM »

home to ipswich..

Southampton
23 Forster
16 Ward-Prowse
06 Fonte
05 Gardos
21 Bertrand
08 Davis
04 Schneiderlin Booked
12 Wanyama
07 Long
19 Pellè

QPR 7
Sunderland 6
Villa 5
City 6
Stoke 7
United 6
Chelsea 8
Arsenal 5
Southampton 2

How manny of hose teams with the changes were not
Favourites to win the game? Changing players against Dover, yeovil or Leeds is different to another premiereague team.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: January 05, 2015, 01:49:56 PM »

Also think United, Chelsea Man City and Chelsea will rotate due to squad size and challenging near the top.

Sunderland qpr villa all involved in possible relegation battle and playing lower league teams.

Think it's ridiculous for Newcastle not to put out their strongest team.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: January 05, 2015, 11:06:59 PM »

[/quote]

Favourites to win the game? Changing players against Dover, yeovil or Leeds is different to another premiereague team.

[/quote]

All I'm saying is it is "standard" but as I've also said if I supported Newcastle I would want them to play the strongest team.

But let's also remember you were playing the bottom team in the Premier  who have won  1 of their 9 home league games and also lost at home in the League Cup. Then they rotated heavily as well and were significantly weaker. Guess that made you favourite to win the tie even with your changes...

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: January 06, 2015, 02:09:38 AM »

All I'm saying is it is "standard" but as I've also said if I supported Newcastle I would want them to play the strongest team.

But let's also remember you were playing the bottom team in the Premier  who have won  1 of their 9 home league games and also lost at home in the League Cup. Then they rotated heavily as well and were significantly weaker. Guess that made you favourite to win the tie even with your changes...

yeah but without the guidance of pardew newcastle are going to struggle to pick up any more points

ok that was a blatant troll by me sorry if i caused any offence

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: January 06, 2015, 05:08:27 PM »

what do you think about Sissokho to PSG?

i expect you'll be frustrated about selling in January again, after Cabaye and wouldn't be expecting to replace him with similar quality

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: