blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:52:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 343552 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: May 25, 2016, 09:56:10 PM »

4/7 Newcastle 7/4 Brighton?

4/11 15/8 for me.  Happy to lay the arb or just take 4/7 Newcastle with kuk.  Not even sure i would be happy laying a £400/1100 to be honest on Newcastle the wrong side of the arb!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 10:05:09 PM by arbboy » Logged
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: May 26, 2016, 12:01:34 AM »

Such an important appointment.

Can see us absolutely walking it next year and hopefully be in a strong position for the PL the year after.

Blue text
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: May 26, 2016, 06:57:25 AM »

Such an important appointment.

Can see us absolutely walking it next year and hopefully be in a strong position for the PL the year after.

Proverbs 16:18

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: May 26, 2016, 10:14:26 AM »

Championship with Rafa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> premiership with Pardew and really not close I think.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: May 27, 2016, 08:13:14 AM »

Will you still be saying that if Newcastle get relegated again and Palace end up mid-table?

Rafa has no idea about all these Championship clubs. I do think Newcastle might start strongly but if they then trail off he will lose interest. Plus he will be getting regular offers from lots of top divisions, I'm sure.

I liked him when he managed Liverpool but didn't agree with his uber-frequent rotation policy. Someone like Crouch would get a go and score a couple on the trot then get dropped.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:14:58 AM by DropTheHammer » Logged
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: May 27, 2016, 08:47:18 AM »

Palace will struggle next season. Pardew has had long enough to make his mark now. 2 wins in the last 20 PL games or something daft.

Don't quite get anyone with the "Rafa has no championship" experience comments. It's still football at the end of the day. And besides Rafa does have experience in second tiers it hasn't all been managing CL teams.

Blue text
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: May 27, 2016, 10:09:59 AM »

Will you still be saying that if Newcastle get relegated again and Palace end up mid-table?

Rafa has no idea about all these Championship clubs. I do think Newcastle might start strongly but if they then trail off he will lose interest. Plus he will be getting regular offers from lots of top divisions, I'm sure.

I liked him when he managed Liverpool but didn't agree with his uber-frequent rotation policy. Someone like Crouch would get a go and score a couple on the trot then get dropped.

It really is a stupid view that he doesnt know the championship. Its a poorer league than what hes used to, why is that a bad thing, its cliche pundit talk. Newcastle have been there before. We went down last time as totally uncompetitive, it wasnt like this time, we threw away chance after chance to scrape out of the mess. That team pissed the championship and its no better now. Only burnley got 2 points a game (minimum winners requirement in a league) and barely. I think theres a far bigger risk we get it too easy and everyone thinks rafas a genius but in reality the players are only good at picking on lessers teams. You say he rotates too much, but that doesnt get punished in a crap league. We are on far better terms this time, why would we be more likely to do worse.

Would it not be more likely that if as you claim he doesnt know these championship teams (I find it lol that you think someone has been successful but turns up in a league and thinks lol its blackburn) that we struggle early then class shows later, in the same vein that championship teams in the prem often start fast then get found out. Cant see how anyone can argue we dont have the best squad by a mile (granted they need to stay), and only players totally underperforming could stop us. Newcastles team simply shouldnt be in the championship, even if rafa is garbage (he does have a hardon for cisse) he has control of footballing matters and only need retain the squad with a few additions and they will be promoted. Cant see any reason the championship teams suddenly find 10 points min it would take to stop an even average perfoming newcastle.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 10:11:59 AM by JohnCharver » Logged
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: May 28, 2016, 01:42:56 AM »

You say Newcastle's team shouldn't be in the Championship but who do you think should have replaced them?  Sunderland were the only team remotely close.  Apart from that they were left behind by the rest by some margin.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: May 28, 2016, 10:10:37 AM »

You say Newcastle's team shouldn't be in the Championship but who do you think should have replaced them?  Sunderland were the only team remotely close.  Apart from that they were left behind by the rest by some margin.

Bournemouth, watford and wba all overperformed with their squads imo. Sunderland only stayed up by virtue of signing defoe. Remotely close lol the 4 teams above us are within 6 points, two wins theres a much bigger luck spread than that alone. Im not saying we didnt deserve to be relegated, just that we have underperformed with that squad. In terms of squad value only everton in the bottom half would be worth more?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: May 28, 2016, 01:11:14 PM »

Well Watford beat you 3 times out of 3 in all competitions.  And both the league games were comfortable.  At some point you have to actually perform in a league season and otherwise concede that you're not as good as you think you are?  And if Sunderland weren't there I think it is correct to say you weren't remotely close to staying up.  It was apparent it was Villa plus 2 out of 3 by about March.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: May 28, 2016, 02:59:54 PM »

By the time we got a competent manager in who could actually properly organise what was there we looked a different team. So in that sense we underperformed massively and shouldn't have been down there. The board's fault for hiring someone not good enough and not getting rid sooner.

Blue text
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: May 28, 2016, 03:15:01 PM »

That much I agree with - no idea why McLaren wasn't shown the door in January.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: May 28, 2016, 07:06:52 PM »

Well Watford beat you 3 times out of 3 in all competitions.  And both the league games were comfortable.  At some point you have to actually perform in a league season and otherwise concede that you're not as good as you think you are?  And if Sunderland weren't there I think it is correct to say you weren't remotely close to staying up.  It was apparent it was Villa plus 2 out of 3 by about March.

Yeah and chelsea have the 10th best squad in the league.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: May 28, 2016, 07:08:32 PM »

Stoke certainly don't have the 9th best!
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: May 28, 2016, 07:12:43 PM »

Stoke certainly don't have the 9th best!

I know, liverpool are shite.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: