blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:08:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345680 times)
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 05:15:43 PM »

Michael Owen.

I have his name on the back on the shirt that I bought at the start of last season. Owen 10 is the most popular players name that is sold on shirts through the club shop - yet I have never really fully seen him as a Newcastle United player. He certainly gets as good, if not better, a reception as any other player on the team sheet - more so since becoming captain. Obviously he has had massive injury issues. I'd guess only playing half of the games he could have since he came, and now we are 6 weeks away from either losing him for free next summer or him being sold in January to get something for him.

I throughly believe that Michael Owen will do exactly the same with the club as it is as he would have done if all this hadnt kicked off. If he had wanted to stay he would have signed up last summer when an offer was made to him. You can go on all day about how its every players right to maximise their wealth but when your talking such silly money, 105k per week, I really dont see how any extra 500k a year is an issue.  He gets paid 50% more than our next highest earner, who also rarely plays, so is paid virtually 100% more than the rest of the entire squad! Crazy.  It is purely about him holding out to see if another club will take a punt on him.  Once again, can he be blamed for wanting to play at the top top level? Probably not, but he could at least be honest for it.

That brings us to which clubs he could go to that would fit all this.

1) needs a club that will pay him six figures a week. Man City, Man U, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool (the last two marginals)
2) I think the England record is key for him, so he needs to go where he can play every week (when fit!). Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool (the last one v marginally)
3) He needs to go where he can play CL football (UEFA cup is a lower standard than PL so add nothing but fixtures) Liverpool.

Given the above the only possible place he can go is Liverpool, and the two marginal elements in that must make that unlikely at best.

The other issue is the injury thing. A couple of my mates play football to decent levels and apparently one of the issues withe being injured a lot at a club is that players start to get the feeling they need a change of club just for a change of luck. Bizzare, but these are footballers we are talking about.  That for me brings Man city into play - but with the money they are talking about splashing about surely they should be looking at something more reliable than Michael Owen?

I'd love him to stay. Pay him his 110k a week, give him a 4 year deal to let him build a legacy and help attract other names over the next couple of years as we build a good young squad. But, if he does go then so be it. Him and Oba tend not to play together, and Martins always makes sure he looks like he would give everything for the cause. But, lets make sure that whatever happens is on our terms. Newcastle United are bigger than any one player. Even the manager in waiting.

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2008, 07:01:15 PM »

FML

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2008, 12:17:03 PM »

Major move on Shearer today.

8/1 into 5/2.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 12:30:58 PM by Horneris » Logged

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2008, 03:50:18 PM »

5/2 Long Gone.

7/4 best now.

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2008, 07:38:28 PM »

someone read the last line of my post above and lumped on!!

cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 05:33:59 PM »

Have you seen this thread on f365,a lad packed his job in and is going to travel the world Dave Gorman stlye and buy a beer for each of the Newcastle players involved in the 5-0 massacre of ManU on that fateful night in Keegan's first reign.Best perfomance in my life time easily.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dK4wFKYtipo
http://forum.football365.com/index.php?t=msg&th=146260&start=0&
He's going for a beer with Pav t'mrow in Prague,i laughed at the suggestion that in the last chapter he should go and interview Schmiecal but i guess he would do it as he always came across as a decent bloke.

shy bairns get nowt
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 09:35:43 PM »

Quality idea be funny if he does it lol

As for Shearer see what happens,i wouldn't have a bet at less than 5's though if you got 8's brent gl mate
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2008, 09:29:42 PM »

Ever feel like throwing yourself through a big glass window 8 stories in the air? Missed today's game again with the impending exams. Got finished at college at 4pm to find we are 1 nil down. nice. Head to the office to do some bits and pieces and load up the bbc text page thingy... waiting for the result to change. Looks like the sending off was harsh, but all the even up at the end of the season stuff might actually come true eh?

So MO misses another sitter (Fabio looking pretty clever so far) then levels. Nice. Now lets push on. Oba compeltes the script. Can just imagine what the atmosphere would be like at that time. Some of the best games I have been to are the turnaround games - Everton at home on my 20th birthday (that Shearer volley) Leicester 4-3 (that shearer 10 min hattrick) Sheff Wed 4-2 (the lesser known Alex Mathie with a ridiculous falling volley thing) come to mind. Then before I can given control my celebration in the empty office its 2-2. Mr Titus Bramble score through our net again, this time again in a bad way.

Such a chance to put some places between us and the bottom three going into the Chelsea game that have been missed. Thats going to put us bottom three afte rChelsea facing three massive games for us. We're simply running out of winable games to not be involved in the trouble in a few months time. Bring on mid table boredem any day of the week.... At least we have 3 points v spurs to look forward to in just over a month.

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2008, 11:22:27 AM »

These things come in three's apparently. No.1 Mr Bramble yesterday, No.2 below. Not the biggest blow in the world financially but a bit of a kick in the bollocks after a few hours getting past all 260 of the others. i suck HU. Looking forward to getting No.3 out the way soon.

Full Tilt Poker Game #9001433232: $2 + $0.25 Tournament (68748150), Table 8 - 2000/4000 Ante 500 - No Limit Hold'em - 6:07:18 ET - 2008/11/16
Seat 3: jahanic (204,734)
Seat 6: TheAuditor9 (186,766)
jahanic antes 500
TheAuditor9 antes 500
jahanic posts the small blind of 2,000
TheAuditor9 posts the big blind of 4,000
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to TheAuditor9 [td ]
jahanic raises to 13,000
TheAuditor9 calls 9,000
*** FLOP *** [ ]
TheAuditor9 checks
jahanic bets 27,000
TheAuditor9 calls 27,000
*** TURN *** [ ] []
TheAuditor9 checks
jahanic has 15 seconds left to act
jahanic has requested TIME
jahanic bets 164,234, and is all in
TheAuditor9 calls 146,266, and is all in
jahanic shows [As ]
TheAuditor9 shows [td ]
Uncalled bet of 17,968 returned to jahanic
*** RIVER *** [ ] []
jahanic shows a full house, Aces full of Nines
TheAuditor9 shows a full house, Nines full of Aces
jahanic wins the pot (373,532) with a full house, Aces full of Nines
TheAuditor9 stands up
jahanic stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 373,532 | Rake 0
Board: [ ]
Seat 3: jahanic (small blind) showed [As ] and won (373,532) with a full house, Aces full of Nines
Seat 6: TheAuditor9 (big blind) showed [td ] and lost with a full house, Nines full of Aces

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2008, 07:50:07 PM »

When is William Gallas signing for Newcastle? Roll Eyes

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2008, 03:28:24 AM »

When is William Gallas signing for Newcastle? Roll Eyes

I'd rip rip their arms off for a couple of mill. I think he'll be off for a couple of easy years in France. 

I'd hate to be 'a Chelsea fan' seriously. It would feel so dirty and false. The whole name Chelsea ouses falseness. Give me honest blood and sweat anyday.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2008, 03:32:59 AM »

SSSHHHIIIIIIIPPPPPPPP IT ,great result today hopefully be a confidence booster point well earned gg wp
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2008, 03:50:28 AM »

SSSHHHIIIIIIIPPPPPPPP IT ,great result today hopefully be a confidence booster point well earned gg wp

Still, from the last 3 games that we should have had ether 4 or 6 points from, we've only had two though.  We're going to be in there a lot closer to May than I ever thought possible.

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2008, 03:53:07 AM »

lolcastle
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2008, 03:54:46 AM »

Nah mate we will be fine and i don't base this at all on todays result,i'm 99.9% we be safe by April
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: