blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:38:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 175 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tales from the Toon. The ups and downs of an NUFC supporter....  (Read 345701 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2009, 07:17:43 PM »

Sigh, all the things that ive seen tonight are the same as the things i saw when Leeds went down from the Prem.

Definetly fear the worst now.

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2009, 07:48:20 PM »

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2009, 11:58:41 AM »

I cant decided if I have just fully accepted that we are going down, and am not that bothered, or that I have seen enough in our last two home games to believe that we have enough to get the points that should keep us up by beating Portsmouth, Fulham and Boro. At the end of the day I'd sooner have got more than 0 points from the games against Man U and Arsenal but we have shown in both those games that we do have quality, we can rattle these teams and we can keep them quiet. Its a shame we cant do it for 90 minutes but we dont have to play teams that can play football like them every week.

There is no denying we outplayed Arsenal for the first 45 minutes last night. Okay so there were chances at both ends but we stopped them playing their football and we always looked dangerous in possesion. There was really only one key moment in the first half, losing Bassong. The whole back four suffer without his rteassuring pace and although I thought Taylor had one of his better games he is still a liability and collicini looks so much weaker when they are together too. I hope Bassong can be back fit for Stoke.

Out of the three home games v Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea this was the one targeted for a point but I dont think anyone was counting on anything from them in their calculations of if we are staying up or not. Stoke away is without doubt the biggest game we have played in over a decade, and ultimately could prove to be the biggest ever.

crown

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2009, 10:48:47 PM »

Shearer going to take over

SSN Now
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2009, 11:24:02 PM »

BBC Sport understands that Alan Shearer will be appointed as Newcastle manager until the end of the season.

Magpies legend Shearer, 38, has been continually linked with a return to the club and admitted in September 2008 he would like to be manager.

Chris Hughton is currently in caretaker charge at St James' Park as interim manager Joe Kinnear recovers from a triple heart bypass.

Shearer rejected an invitation to join Newcastle as a coach last November.

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2009, 11:59:13 PM »

SHEARER LOL

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2009, 12:11:34 AM »

SHEARER LOL

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2009, 12:11:58 AM »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii SHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR SHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR SHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

LETS GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2009, 12:17:15 AM »

surely they shouldn't have announced this until after midnight

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2009, 12:20:40 AM »

surely they shouldn't have announced this until after midnight

April  shark

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2009, 02:17:19 AM »

Even I'm LOL-ing at my club now. Sad

Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2009, 03:16:09 AM »

i thought it was april fools when it was first announced.

Why now?

Maybe he knows this is the only time he'll manage in the premiership, (as no-one else will hire him), and the toon will be playing at Doncaster next season.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2009, 06:38:44 AM »

Chris Hughton and Calderwood probably wouldn't keep is up and are under too much pressure. We have someone that commands respect from all at NUFC (despite not having managed before), most importantly the players. I think the two coaches have struggled with some of senior players thinking they know better.

So before you laugh have a think. Is it better than what we currently have? Yes. Who else would have come and taken on the challenge? No one.

I'm gutted I can't go on Saturday now! I know that!

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2009, 12:47:05 PM »

Jesus, I'm sick of hearing about Newcastle today. Had to drive for a couple of hours, talksport is standard but so much tripe I had to turn it over. Get back for lunch as it's still on re sky sports ticker even though they have no more details than 12 hours ago.

Iain Dowie ftw too obviously.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »

Iain Dowie ftw too obviously.

now that has to be an april fool if the shearer bit isn't

wtf are newcastle thinking

when he came to charlton no manager had been sacked at the valley in the previous 25 years, we were a very comfortable mid table premiership team being tipped to challenge for europe and he was given the largest transfer budget any manager at the club had ever seen. it was about as safe a job as you could get in the prem yet inside 15 games he destroyed the club and was out the door

then an ok spell at coventry before going to qpr and again lasting exactly 15 games before they realised how useless he is

I just can't see what in his recent record makes any club think he's going to be a good appointment

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 175 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: