blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:02:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 - Day 1
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 - Day 1  (Read 30657 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2008, 10:56:35 PM »

Please pass on this message to Karabiner "C'mon Ralph, Stoke it up a bit"

I can feel the smugness and satisfaction from here Cheesy

Wanna guess how many times Kinboshi swore when he arrived here?

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2008, 11:00:12 PM »

C Thomas Howell in Red Dawn.

Tom Rutter. (Wolverines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Homer, you know how I hate to talk to you on the forum when you're literally two feet away from me, but I have to clarify this for our readers.  I am fairly sure that we are the only two people to have seen this movie in the room, if not on blonde (hands up if you have, though, please).

I'm not recommending it, just showing you that he's not just using words at random (the Wolverines are some sort of school sports outfit; my memory grows dim, but I remember saying "What the *£&£?" a lot during it).

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2008, 11:07:56 PM »

C Thomas Howell in Red Dawn.

Tom Rutter. (Wolverines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Homer, you know how I hate to talk to you on the forum when you're literally two feet away from me, but I have to clarify this for our readers.  I am fairly sure that we are the only two people to have seen this movie in the room, if not on blonde (hands up if you have, though, please).

I'm not recommending it, just showing you that he's not just using words at random (the Wolverines are some sort of school sports outfit; my memory grows dim, but I remember saying "What the *£&£?" a lot during it).

United States gets invaded by Russia, only Two And A Half Men, Caroline In The City, The couple from Dirty Dancing and the bloke who kills The Hitcher can save us from the pesky Russian/Mexican/Cuban army.

It's a hilariously OTT campy 80's Reganite wet dream.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2008, 11:13:50 PM »

Geoffrey Hill and Nicholas Marshall see a flop with about 3k in the pot. Hill bets just 600 and that's too tempting for Marshall who raises another 2,600. Hill instantly folds, and not has his bet proved to be enticing for Marshall, it's also too much for Pete Linton to resist...

"Why did you even bet 600?"

His elder replies curtly, "You play your game, and I'll play mine."

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2008, 11:15:02 PM »

I'm sure ive seen Paul Macintyre in the old Liverpool Grosvenor before, umm...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2008, 11:24:51 PM »

Geoffrey Hill and Nicholas Marshall see a flop with about 3k in the pot. Hill bets just 600 and that's too tempting for Marshall who raises another 2,600. Hill instantly folds, and not has his bet proved to be enticing for Marshall, it's also too much for Pete Linton to resist...

"Why did you even bet 600?"

His elder replies curtly, "You play your game, and I'll play mine."
ooooooh be carefull pete geoff will put you further up the list,lol

chip count for jason wong and te ng please
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2008, 11:29:52 PM »

While the camera gets some recharging time, here are some hands:

Here's one I took earlier though of Rudling-Smith, which is appropriate because he just won a pot from Alan Stearn.  OK it wasn't huge and just involved a preflop Rudders raise and a Stearn call, a flop of , a bet out of 2k and a fold from Stearn who showed .  But still.  There you go.

Elsewhere, Sam Savile-Barton is down to 3,600 after playing this hand with rhs neighbour Peter Conduit.  He'd re-raised preflop, only to check the flop, which brought a free turn.  Conduit then bet out 2,000, called immediately by Savile-Barton.  The river brought the , and immediately Conduit plonked 7k in the middle, more than enough to cover his neighbour, who mucked his hand quickly.

Elsewhere, Robert Bostock, who doesn't sound like he's from Nottingham, just made a nice call on the river with A-Q high (the board disconnected but with a face card on it) when Matey bet 1,200, and then show/mucked a lower Ace.  No one likes to hear, "I just didn't believe you," do they?

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2008, 11:31:04 PM »

Karabiner raises to 650 UTG. Wick Twigg wewaises two won thousand and nwine hundwed. Rick Trigg, UTG+3 reraises to 1,900. Tom Rutter gives him a hard stare before passing.

"No cold 4-bet Tom?" asks Rick with a smile.

It's back to Karabiner who has a 30 second dwell before reraising to 4,500. Trigg moves all-in for about 21,700 and it's back over to Karabiner, who, by the virtue that his chips aren't already in the middle, hasn't got aces. After a couple of minutes he says, "I'm probably going to regret this..." He calls, turning over . Trigg turns over .

Big double up, puts Rick Trigg on to over 42k and amongst the chip leaders. Ralph 'Karabiner' Shalson is down to just a few k left.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2008, 11:37:19 PM »

Pete Linton is OUT, having said, among other things.

"I don't think I folded Ace high once today."
"I'm a spewmonkey."
"The weather's just depressing."
"I just called off all my chips with AQ"

The last one spelled his exit, although we didn't realise that at first and mocked him for a bit before we realised he wasn't just taking a break to cool off.  His opponent had Jacks, apparently, "And I knew it, and called anyway."  That was that.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2008, 11:45:35 PM »

Mark Lewis is looking like the chip leader after getting two people to put their stacks in on a two hearts board. He was holding Two Diamonds Two Clubs against and , dead in the water. A two spades sealed quads for Lewis and sent the others to the rail.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2008, 11:54:58 PM »

Tom Rutter is out. T-T vs 4-5 on a 2-3-3 which spiked an Ace on the turn.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2008, 11:55:01 PM »

Tasos Grigoriou busts, Christopher Bushell down to 1/3 his stack, but Mazhar Latif doubles up! 

Oh yeah this is a

Bushell limped, Latif raised, short stack Grigoriou shoved in the blinds (1,525) called by Bushell.  That's when it got interesting - Latif now shoved his whole stack over the line. 8,975 represented comfortably over half Bushell's remaining chips, and he agonised for a while over whether or not to call the extra bet. "I don't want to be 50/50 at best!" he wisely commented, but as so often happens, still couldn't bring himself to let go of his hand.

Eventually he pulled out a coin:  "Heads I call, tails I pass," it fell heads, he called.
Bushell:
Grigoriou:
Latif:

A third Queen on the flop sealed the deal, as the board brought him a house and a healthy new stack while Bushell is down to 5,500.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2008, 11:56:48 PM »

Recent exits.

67   Simon Lee
68   Hiren Kanabar
69   Vinh Ly
70   Tom Rutter
71   Tasos Grigoriou
72   Peter Conduit
73   Nicholas Fellone
74   Shane Fyffe
75   Ashique Miah
76   Lee Nayler
77   Peter Linton
78   Robert Ballou
79   John Burke
80   Marios Charalambous
81   Richard Fuller
82   Gerald Mcinally
83   Peter Wilkerson
84   Abdul Qadoos
85   David Louden
86   Alan Stokes
87   Trevor Pearson
88   Carl Walker
89   Rupinder Bedi
90   David Statham

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2008, 12:01:42 AM »

David Nisbet just managed to get Billy Ngo to fold what he said was "A pair and a flush draw."  This was especially surprising considering Ngo is on a very healthy 30k+ stack and his neighbour, well, isn't.

The board was two hearts and there had already been fairly vigorous betting as the pot was 5,600.  Nisbet bet out 5,000 on the turn and had to wait while his neighbour ummed and ah'd before eventually announcing his hand (although not showing) saying, "I know I'm behind," and regretfully laying it down.  Nisbet rather unnecessarily kind showed him the for the flopped set which would indeed have been vulnerable to just such a draw, but was certainly ahead as Ngo suspected...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2008, 12:22:48 AM »

Dhiri Me

Raj Dhiri has been dicing with death and surviving recently.  Holding valiantly on to what by anyone's reckoning is a short stack, he just managed to avoid the felt against Dave Smith.  Seeing a heads up flop of after calling a min raise preflop from Smith, he considered whether to get the rest of his 3,000 chips over the line or not.

"It's a good flop for me," he sighed, before passing .
"Just ask me and I'll show you," said Dave, who then did as he promised, flipping .
There then followed a little tongue-in-cheek argument as Neil Blatchly rolls his metaphorical eyes, saying, "What d'you think he's gayraising with?" 
"Oh, it's only Kings, is it?" rejoinders Dhiri, "Not anything else?  I didn't know."
"Neither did I," adds Dave Smith, mysteriously.
"It's cause Dave's a good player," adds Blatchly, apparently not willing to let it go.
"Who told you that?" laughs Dhiri and the table can finally move on...

His shortstack laydown is paid off the very next hand, however, when he made it 1,100 to go and got raised all in by a gent with while it was Raj Dhiri who got the .

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: